User Tag List

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
Like Tree225Likes

Thread: Do you want to check the status of your Income Tax Refund ?

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Thanks It's looking ok. My notice of assessment was there few mins ago. It should be ok but if nothing by tuesday I'll call them wednesday.

Update: as of 2am refund was in my bank account.
    Last edited by cabmonk; Mon, Mar 6th, 2017 at 02:11 AM.
    Tweets77, Ciel and macw1960 like this.

Trading Score
    321 (100%)

Received my refund last Friday morning.
    Tweets77, cabmonk and Ciel like this.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever forgotten...Aesop

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Could not log into the CRA website yesterday to see if a Notice of Assessment date is provided.

This is a familiar looking situation-think back to Heartbleed 2015?
    Notice – Service temporarily unavailable

Ensuring that your personal information is not compromised is a priority for us.
    Upon becoming aware of an internet vulnerability that affects some computer servers used by websites worldwide, we took down our online services, including electronic filing, and are taking steps to ensure that all information and systems remain safe.
    At this time, we are not aware that any personal information has been affected; however, we continue to assess and remedy the situation.
    You can still complete your tax forms, but will have to wait before filing.
    We are working to bring our online services back up as soon as possible. Updates will be ‎posted as they become available.
    Thank you for your patience.
    http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/menu-eng.html
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Website is restored, per newspaper article tonight.
    https://www.thestar.com/news/canada/...-shutdown.html

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Checked today and CRA has not received my return. Sure hope that status is different next week.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

http://www.ufile.ca/ffw/

For NEW users UFILE is FREE this weekend of March 25 - March 26.

Even if you use some other software, if you just want to double check the numbers with UFILE. This is a good time.

Use free software like Studio Tax, Simple Tax etc and then just double check the numbers with UFILE.
    Ciel likes this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Ah, the offer is to ensure people create an account during those two days, then can file whenever they want. Good promotion!
    Newfiescreech likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

A family member mailed their return in. Did it the old fashioned way with pen and forms.

Its showing received online for the past 2 weeks, when they check under My Account . Status hasn't changed to assessed even after 14 days, which is weird. Does that mean CRA is yet to do data entry for the return they have physically received in mail ?
    Newfiescreech and Ciel like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

How do you all get refunds? I end up owing money every year.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by tjthemanto View Post
    A family member mailed their return in. Did it the old fashioned way with pen and forms.

Its showing received online for the past 2 weeks, when they check under My Account . Status hasn't changed to assessed even after 14 days, which is weird. Does that mean CRA is yet to do data entry for the return they have physically received in mail ?
    That happened to me last year-yes, receiving does not mean data entry, just opening the mail. They opened/received return. Assessing took another couple of weeks to occur after the RECEIVED status was showing in my account.

My NOA came 7 calendar days after the date showing that CRA assessed my return (March 20) as viewed in My Account on March 24.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    That happened to me last year-yes, receiving does not mean data entry, just opening the mail. They opened/received return. Assessing took another couple of weeks to occur after the RECEIVED status was showing in my account.

My NOA came 7 calendar days after the date showing that CRA assessed my return (March 20) as viewed in My Account on March 24.
    Now its finally showing Assessed after 17 days of showing just Received . With Notice of Assessment available on April 3. ( This is for physically mailed return )

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Brad View Post
    How do you all get refunds? I end up owing money every year.
    Your employer is probably cutting less taxes than they should ( assuming you are not self employed ).

Happened to me once, the employer cut less CPP on my T4 slip than they should, and I ended up owing CPP money to CRA.

Also you might not be using all the tax credits, tax rebates and tax benefits available for your family. Usually you get a refund or NO refund if you are employed ( salaried ). Very rarely you end up owing money to CRA.

Self-Employed and Business is different.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hmmm I don't know... I don't think there are any rebates/benefits available to me, I'm a single guy with no wife/kids, and recently became a home owner. My employer is a large company so I'm sure they're doing everything correctly. I even made some small contributions to my RRSP so if I hadn't claimed that I'd owe even more.

Not that I'm complaining, it makes no difference whether they deduct less tax from your paycheque or whether you have to pay a refund, in either case you end up with the same amoutn of money. I'm just curious why it seems almost everyone else gets a refund but I always end up owing.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Brad View Post
    Hmmm I don't know... I don't think there are any rebates/benefits available to me, I'm a single guy with no wife/kids, and recently became a home owner. My employer is a large company so I'm sure they're doing everything correctly. I even made some small contributions to my RRSP so if I hadn't claimed that I'd owe even more.

Not that I'm complaining, it makes no difference whether they deduct less tax from your paycheque or whether you have to pay a refund, in either case you end up with the same amoutn of money. I'm just curious why it seems almost everyone else gets a refund but I always end up owing.
    Did you purchase your home in 2016? You could check to see if you qualify for this tax credit:
    http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/hbtc/

If you had to pay any out of pocket medical expenses beyond what any work health insurance benefits cover, you need to see that the expenses exceed 3% of your net income for 2016.

When was the last time that human resources or payroll department had you complete a current TD1 form for a New Year?

If you paid for continuing education in 2016 and spent at least $100 at the educational institution(s), there's a 15% tax credit claim right there.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thanks for useful information.

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread Information