User Tag List

Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast
Like Tree79Likes

Thread: Tips to Winning Contests & Sweepstakes

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

tanya, I'm new to contesting too, I took the advice of people like the Contest Queen and others and use robotform, which I didn't even know existed. I've found that only a few contests require "manual keystrokes" and I know for sure that I used robotform on the daily entry contests that I've won.

What is the "computer/browser" that remembers your info or the websites? I would like to use that as I sometimes enter other family members/friends and that would be easy, just typing in their name.

As for the rules, I seldom read them but I am trying to now, especially if I enter another family member. I learned that the hard way, did not notice the "One per household" on a few contests, whoops.

While I love to win and dream of winning that car or house or trip, its important to remember that this is a part-time hobby, which I usually do while watching tv or taking a break. Good luck and have fun.

Brrr it's cold up here
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Does everyone here give there actual phone number on the contest forms? I absolutely hate SPAM and unsolicited phone calls so I've been hesitant to give my real phone number. I've created a junk email account that I use for contests and freebies, and I've created a VM box with http://www.k7.net/ . But I'm concerned I may be disqualified from winning because my phone number is a Washington state number. When they call, I get an email from K7 with the voice mail message they leave.

What's your opinion? has this been discussed elsewhere?

Thanks
    Billy

Trading Score
    107 (100%)

Any advice on how to get more votes in a contest? I'm running for Alexander Keiths.

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by ericaraina View Post
    Any advice on how to get more votes in a contest? I'm running for Alexander Keiths.
    Put a link to the contest (and where to vote for you) in your signature..
    FREE PayPal $$ and Amazon Gift Cards!
    https://www.swagbucks.com/profile/tommygunn

Easy way to get Amazon Gift Cards, PayPal $$, and much more! Join MyPoints!
    https://www.mypoints.com?rb=31269562

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Is there a thread for asking questions and discusion dont want to post in the wrong place?

Im new to canadian comping was a uk comper for 30 years.

Im looking for post card comps? or is this not popular in canada? ie send answers on a postcard. I used to send decorated postcards using the comp theme and had a lot of success.
    I did go out and buy just about every magazine on the shelves in my local walmart and was so dissapointed that about all of them were for USA compers only grrr

Can anyone tell me of magaines that are actually produced in Canada with comps open to canadians?

finally for now
    what about tips for magazines? I used to have a nice steady income from writing tips for magazine letter pages eg money saving cleaning tips etc etc or just funny little story's etc

Can anyone suggest any magaines that pay cash for readers tips and letters?

huge thanks all so glad I found this site will do my very best to find new comps and share them on here.
    huge fat wins to all
    Jane

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Really great tips here, thanks everyone!

Just want to add that the person who has won a prize every month for the past 5 years using Roboform..... I think that is a pretty great indicator that that's not what contests mean. Clearly, Roboform is allowed.

Of course, those that are really concerned about it, don't use it. However, since I've just started into this contest stuff, I figure if I disqualify myself for a contest or two using it, it's not really that big of a deal since I would never have been entering them a couple weeks/months ago anyways.
    I spent $300 on Christmas gifts on Amazon & it was ALL FREE!
    This year I'm working on an additional $300!
    Feel free to PM me any questions & get started here:
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/TannieS

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Anyone know of software you can use to enter multiple contests?

Maria
    [email protected]

Trading Score
    9 (100%)

I came across this link today... apologies in advance if it is a repost. There are tips on how to win contests & sweepstakes.

http://contests.about.com/od/realwin...t_Like_You.htm

Gramps
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I'm new to contests. Anyone had any trouble with a huge increase in telemarketers since entering a lot of contests?

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hi - How does the timing usually work for the daily contests. Does it have to be 24 hours, or just the next day. There have been several times I have entered at say 2 pm the one day, then I go the next day, say around 8am, and they say I have already entered. Should I always be waiting 24 hours? I just don't want to disqualify myself.

Thanks so much!

Trading Score
    202 (100%)

Some dailies are evey day no matter the time, and others do mean 24 hours, those ones I try to enter in the morning, and then the next day a few minutes later till I end up missing a day cause I'm at work.

Central Ontario...but will ALWAYS be a Northerner
    Trading Score
    10 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Bargain Bob View Post
    I'm new to contests. Anyone had any trouble with a huge increase in telemarketers since entering a lot of contests?
    Hi Bob....I started entering contests seriously in June and I have not received any telemarketing due to entering contests.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

When you get a math question that has no brackets like ??/ ??X??+??-?? Is that a straight question or not?

MoxNix
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Another tip - Pay attention to the TIME ZONE used to determine when a contest has been entered. This can be crucial if a contest can only be entered once and there is an end time entries will be accepted. EXAMPLE: I live in Alberta. On-line contests in The Sun newspaper are all clocked by EASTERN STANDARD TIME. If I enter a daily contest on Sunday, December 27 at 10:01 p.m. my time, the contest confirmation shows that I entered at 12:01 p.m. on Monday, December 28, so I can't enter again until Tuesday and have effectively last one entry into the contest. If this was a one-entry-only contest that ended at midnight on Sunday, then I am out of luck, even though I did enter before midnight MST.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by HorndoggJr. View Post
    When you get a math question that has no brackets like ??/ ??X??+??-?? Is that a straight question or not?

If there are no brackets in the question Horndogg, just do each step and follow with the next command, e.g. 2 x 4 + 2 - 2 would be 8. If it was 2 x 4 + (2 - 2) it would be 8 + 0 because you would work out the part in the brackets seperately.

Hope that makes sense, but if not feel free to drop me a PM and I'll try to make it clearer. It's not always easy to explain these things!

Sorry in the example that I used I just realized that the answer is the same in both ways, but usually it would make a difference....

Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast

Thread Information