User Tag List

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

WASHINGTON, D.C. - In cooperation with the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC), Playskool, of Pawtucket, R.I., is voluntarily recalling about 255,000 Team Talkin' Tool Bench toys following the deaths of two young children.
    Playskool received reports that a 19-month-old boy from Martinsburg, W.V., and a 2-year-old boy from League City, Texas, suffocated when oversized, plastic toy nails sold with the tool bench toys became forcefully lodged in their throats. Though the toy nails are not considered a small-part, and the toys are intended for children age 3 and older, Playskool is voluntarily conducting a recall as a precaution to prevent additional incidents.

The Team Talkin' Tool BenchTM is a 20-inch tall plastic toy tool bench with an animated red toy saw, a yellow toy drill and a blue toy vice. The toy talks and makes various sound effects, including tool sounds. The product also includes a toy hammer, screwdriver, two 2¼-inch plastic screws, two 3-inch plastic nails and pieces to build a small toy plane. The red Playskool logo is on the front of the brown surface of the tool bench.
    The toy was sold at Toys R Us, Wal-Mart, Target, KB Toys stores and various other stores nationwide from October 2005 through September 2006 for about $35.
    Consumers should immediately take the two toy nails away from children and contact Playskool to get information on returning the nails for a $50 certificate for a Playskool (or its related companies') product. For additional information, call Playskool at (800)509-9554 anytime, or use this form.

US and Canada, consumers should call (800) 509-9554 or use this form.

here is the link to the site to view the part they are referring to:

http://www.hasbro.com/default.cfm?pa...kool_toolbench
    This thread is currently associated with: Target, Toys R Us, Walmart
    Nothing lasts forever

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Goody, recalls galore
    Why should I stay? Why should I go? I'm no longer on here. I might ghost in once in a while. But don't bother talking to me, I'm not to stay. Sorry.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

its good of them to recall since the toy was not be used by the recommened age

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Better than what Ford did with one of their cars.

Good job to them! I bet you that it would cost them a lot of money than not recalling them at all. I think I have a play workshop when I was young with these nails. I think i was 7 then.

Thread Information