User Tag List

Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    Trading Score
    194 (100%)

***PLEASE DO NOT abuse coupon stacking. LD allows it as a courtesy to its customers and can and will cancel it anytime. DO NOT clear the shelves or take all the coupons in store or try to pass off incorrect or expired coupons. Please respect the staff and other LD customers and do not argue about coupons they will not take etc.!!***

*Hi everyone, I haven't been stacking coupons for over 1.5 years now so I'm a bit out of the loop...From what I understand, there have been some policy changes and coupon wording changes, so not all the rules will apply now. Please seek out other threads that discuss the new changes!*

There seems to be a lot of questions about coupon stacking at London Drugs so I thought I'd make a thread to make it easier for those who are just starting!

London Drugs accepts the following coupons:
    - manufacture coupons
    - coupons from flyers/newspaper inserts
    - save.ca/brandsaver.ca
    - internet printed coupons (may vary by store)
    - in store special coupons

You can stack as many coupons as you want for 1 product as long as:
    - coupons are all different or look different
    - have a different upc barcode - some coupons look the same but are from different sources, so should have a different upc
    - total value of coupons cannot exceed the product value (ex. your product costs $2.50 and you have coupons that total $3)
    - you still pay the tax on the full amount of the product (coupons values are taken off after tax has been added)

- In the case that your coupon value DOES go over your product value, you can ask your cashier nicely to adjust the coupon value (ex. you have a product that costs $1.50 and you have 2 $1 coupons. The cashier can adjust the 2nd coupon to $0.50).
    - Let them know that LD still gets the full coupon value back
    - Some cashiers/CS reps won't allow coupon adjusting though, but try to explain the above. If they don't allow it, try again on a different day/different cashier.

How many coupons per transaction?

There is no limit to how many coupons you are allowed to use per transaction. However, keep in mind that if you have a lot, it can get confusing and the cashier might make a mistake. I have had cashiers punch in 0.10 instead of 1.00 and didn't catch it until I got home. Make sure you watch carefully, or try to split up your visits so you don't overwhelm your cashier!

You can still use the coupon if it says "Limit One Coupon Per Purchase". This just means you can use one of each type of coupon (different UPC etc for the same product) for each product. One purchase = One item (ie. You are purchasing 2 toothbrushes so you can use 2 coupons). Even if the coupon says Cannot be combined with any offer, a sale price is NOT an offer.

Advice
    It is also a good idea to stack coupons at the Customer Service desk. At a regular till, you will need to wait for a manager to come do an override (I think for any coupon that is $5 and up) and if you have tons of coupons, you may hold up the line. Also at the CS desk, the CS reps may know more about coupon stacking, or if they don't, they have easy access to a phone to call head office. There is also a computer screen that shows your purchase and coupons taken off that makes it easy to watch for mistakes. The screen also helps the CS rep to see how much your product is worth and adjust any coupons if necessary without scrolling up on your receipt and you ending up with a receipt that is 2 feet long!!

As well, try to make sure your coupons are all organized before you go pay for your items. The LD website is great for checking up on prices as they have all their inventory and prices listed and keeps the site up to date. This saves you from fumbling around your coupon stash while in store (which looks suspicious!) or having the cashier wait while you look for a coupon. Most cashiers/CS reps like it if you hand them each stack for each item as they ring it in, as it is easier for them to keep track of the prices and to make sure your coupons don't go over the product price.

Price matching
    LD accepts coupon stacking even after price matching (though some CS's aren't so nice and will only take 1!!). You have to go to the Customer Service desk to price match. You can price match as many of the same product as you want (though please keep it reasonable, especially if you're stacking coupons! No one needs 50 bottles of shampoo). Once again, some CS reps will only allow you to PM one item and this is at the discretion of the store manager.

Problems? Cashiers won't let you stack?
    More and more staff know about coupon stacking now. If they do not know about it, ask them to call Head Office to confirm it (if it is a weekday). I have told several staff about coupon stacking when they did not know about it before and once they receive an okay from head office (I assume that was who they called??) they were totally fine with coupon stacking.

Alternatively, you can email head office yourself to ask about their coupon policy and coupon stacking. You can print out your email and tell the cashier you have contacted head office and was told coupon stacking was allowed.

scrapinitblue has a copy of the email in her thread here:
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/52094-s...-drugs-canada/

Please remember to thank your cashier for their patience after you coupon stack! :D

I hope this guide helps!
    This thread is currently associated with: London Drugs, Save.ca Coupons
    Last edited by seapotato; Fri, Dec 9th, 2011 at 02:02 AM.
    Want Amazon.ca or other gift cards? Join Swagbucks and Irazoo! $515 redeemed to date.

My blog: http://seapotato.blogspot.com/

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Thank you very much, this helps a lot.

I had a hard time when I tried this last month as the cashier was one who had no idea what their policy was. It worked out though due to info like yours and being able to confidently state the policy and say I'll wait while they check. I only wish I had known sooner.

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Thanks for this! I just sent a whole bunch of coupons to my brother to take in and stack for me in Grande Prairie! (We don't have a LD here...but they're building an SDM!!)

in the Ghetto of Richmond...apparently :rolleyes:
    Trading Score
    111 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by seapotato View Post
    - in store special coupons (I have only done this once, but I believe some of them say can't be combined with other coupons, so not sure about this)
    I did this with some pampers coupons and a in store coupon that said cannot be combined with anyother coupon, but it still worked. I have only done this once as well but seemed to work out fine. Thanks for this, it answers so many questions
    :pottytrain2: :pottytrain2: :pottytrain2:

Trading Score
    10 (100%)

I want to go to LD!!!
    Free video game trading at 99gamers! Please use my referral link
    http://99gamers.com/invite/Weeeooojr

Trading Score
    38 (100%)

Can i use same code but different value coupon in one products?

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    269 (100%)

Once you get the hang of coupon stacking it is so fun. You leave the store with a great big smile to see how cheap you just got your product.

Trading Score
    112 (100%)

Thank you! great post!!!

Vacation over too soon! winkerstones's Avatar
    Trading Score
    283 (100%)

Thanks for sharing this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    98 (100%)

AND you are supporting a Canadian business!!! Always, ALWAYS a plus!!

Trading Score
    317 (100%)

Thank you SeaPotato!! The info is much appreciated!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Thanks for the lesson, now can you build an LD down the street from me please. Thanks that would help a bunch.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    119 (100%)

Nice summary Seapotato!

Smart Canuck GottaLoveFreeebies's Avatar
    Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Awesome thread!

Smart Canuck GottaLoveFreeebies's Avatar
    Trading Score
    173 (100%)

is there a limit to how many coupons you can use per visit? I have been making myself a list for a trip - but I would like to do a big trip as it is a 30-45 min drive!!!

Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information