User Tag List

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

the only "problem" i had once was a save.ca coupon (the $3.00 Dove Oil Body Wash), it didn't have a bar code on it.

the cashier was this nice little old lady, i always see her and she's very kind, she always says have a great day to everyone.

anyways, when i showed her the coupon, she was really kind about it and said she cannot accept coupons without a bar code. she got in trouble once for accepting one. i said, okay no problem and she gave me back my coupon.

i didn't want to argue with her or get her in anymore trouble.

what i don't like is when cashiers make up stupid rules, like coupons cannot be used on sale/clearance items, one coupon per transaction, or even accusing you of fraud.
    Follow me on Tumblr or Twitter!

Trading Score
    59 (100%)

Its kind of impressive how some customers hold their ground no matter what. Some times its probably right but it may be wiered occasionally.

The other day I was at FoodBasics and this woman was arguing to buy a huge portion of meat for a $1. Cashier rang it up and it was $10 but she insisted it was marked for $1. I wondered how such a huge thing could sell for a buck without any sale sign? She still insisted to buy for a $1 even though cashier told her that was not the price listed and they were waiting for a manager to come.
    Last edited by sporatic; Fri, Apr 24th, 2009 at 10:04 AM.

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

Having happy customers is what we strived for but sometimes no matter what some people just have a big chip on their shoulders and there is nothing you can do to make it right, thats why their is a manager or supervisor so they have someone else to discuss their concern with. I've had my share of bad cashiers and some are just miserable all the time and I feel bad for them but I do not let their moodiness dictate my savings, if I have a problem with cashier I take it to CS and if I have a prob there I take it a step higher and higher id nessasary. My DD has me look after her bad experiences because she is hot-headed and gets mad and makes a scene, she now holds back and when she gets home she calls mom-to-the-rescue and she is amazed by the amount of apology letters she receives and free products.

Trading Score
    122 (100%)

I rarely have an issue with crabby cashiers, but quite often they don't know what to do with the FPC's and I have to show them. Also when I, for example, have a $3.00 coupon for something that is only $2.78 the smart cashiers have just taken off the $2.78. That is what I would suggest to those who are accused of stealing. I once had a cashier at WM that said that taking coupons isn't in her job description so I had her call a manager over to prosess my purchase. So silly!

AmyB28
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I've never had a problem, at most a couple of cashiers have said "wow, thats a great deal, where did you get it?" (coupon) thats about it though.

Trading Score
    317 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Terri Lynn View Post
    how does one get away with using the multiple coupon thing at london drugs? i'm nervous about doing this... pls help!
    We don't 'get away' with stacking coupons at LD....LOL that makes it sound like we are doing something sneaky! It's totally legit!

I have a copy of LD's coupon policy in my album on my profile. If you want to print a copy to keep with you, you are welcome too. Here's the link http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/members...y-mar-31-2009/

It says that 'More than one coupon may be accepted for a product, if each coupon comes from a different media source. The different media sources may include coupons from a newspaper, magazine, internet, bottle caps, in store and manufacturer's exclusive coupons."

Hope that helps!

Trading Score
    344 (100%)

I had a experience today at Price Chopper. I handed the cashier a whole bunch of coupons (all manufacturers). She told me that it was very rude of me to be using coupons and expecting her to have to put them through. I basically said that it was too bad and I was sorry to hear that she was so stressed at her job. She scrutinized every single coupon that I had. This held up the line and people were getting upset with having to wait. She even went as far as to phone someone to check on the coupon that I was using. I bought 3 Electrasol combo packages with Jet Dry that were marked down from $12.96 to $6.99. This was a great deal as I had 3 coupons for $2.50 off each of them. The manager finally came over and finished putting my order through. He apologized to me. I left the store feeling angry that she did this but victorious in that I got to use all of my coupons.

Funny thing....when I got home and went over my bill the cashier forgot to ring in 2 cases of pop at $4.44 each, which I told her I had as well as one of the combo packs of Electrasol.......now how do think I feel?

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    90 (99%)

i feel the same way as cravin' savin' i have been getting nervous going to the checkout, i even scan to see which cashiers are working, to see the ones i know have been ok. today i went to superstore to get my groceries (saved $65 with coupons, thank you very much!) and i scanned the checkouts and found one of my favorite cashiers, and he has no quams ringing through my coupons, until the till beeps "too many coupons" (which happens frequently, it's dumb) than he had to get a manager to overide every subsequent coupon after that (so annoying) and she's the one who gave me trouble about using the chunky noodle B2G1 coupon and B2G$1 off for the same purchase, she didn't think it was possible. So I just stood up for myself, I told her I bought 5 cans and that they have always redeemed my coupons (because I have used both of those coupons before), she said "well that's because they..." and stopped herself there and then entered in the rest of my coupons. But she never entered the amount of the b1g1 coupons for the soup, so I had to ask again if she had, and she said "oh no i didn't" and then hurriedly looked for them so she could enter them. so, i don't understand why she made a deal in the first place, if in the end she entered them. so i totally understand your frustrations!!!

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

[quote=thecountess;889458]
    Quote Originally Posted by lekate View Post
    "I don't agree with this at all, if anything working at a grocery store cashiers get way more deals than the customers"

Actually at most grocery stores, the staff do not get a discount on store purchases. Most other types of stores, such as drugstores and department stores like Walmart and Zellers, they do.
    I totally get a 10% discount at Loblaws (which I extend to my friends and their parents!), but I meant more in terms of the fact that cashiers, and employees of stores are generally there all the time and can get to reductions/clearance items before most other people. Other than purchasing school supplies at my University, I haven't spent more than 2$ on most school things, that includes 6$ notebooks! Joe Fresh clothing, I can typically keep an eye on all my favorites, and snatch them when they get reduced, etc. Being at a store all the time really helps, and between an 8 hour shift you can find loads of deals!

Banned
    Trading Score
    93 (100%)

When I worked at sobeys, we didn't get a discount for the store.

I went back to SDM tonight and got a couple more dove body washes, since they were only for till today for $2.99. Got 6 and used 6 $1 off coupons, I wasn't going to risk it with the $3 off since that's for cream oil and I was getting the other. The cashier took them no problem and she noted that it was a good deal.

S J
    Female
    Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

i totally hate using FPCs and high cost coupons . God knows what will i have o face ................

if its low price 50 cents or so then its hardly a problem
    JOIN ME AND GET FREE GIFT CARDS! CLICK ON THE LINKS BELOW!

http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/jainshilpi{earn by daily searches}

http://www.leadprizes.com/members/register.php?ref=sj23{earn by completing P T C offers}

Pm me for help!

Coupon and Freebie Junkie courtreporter's Avatar
    Trading Score
    70 (97%)

Quote Originally Posted by FallenPixels View Post
    The manager always has to do an override on the Olay $10 WUB3 coupon at No Frills, but if they enter it was $9.99 they dont so if I get bored waiting I usually have it entered as $9.99
    My No Frills the girls enter $5.00 and then $5.00 again so they don't need an override

Coupon and Freebie Junkie courtreporter's Avatar
    Trading Score
    70 (97%)

Quote Originally Posted by Bluntbabe View Post
    I rarely have an issue with crabby cashiers, but quite often they don't know what to do with the FPC's and I have to show them. Also when I, for example, have a $3.00 coupon for something that is only $2.78 the smart cashiers have just taken off the $2.78. That is what I would suggest to those who are accused of stealing. I once had a cashier at WM that said that taking coupons isn't in her job description so I had her call a manager over to prosess my purchase. So silly!
    OMG, that cashier should have been fired on the spot

Trading Score
    7 (85%)

I just correct them, or make a big leaving point and buy nothing.

Trading Score
    287 (100%)

I was at Walmart this weekend and used the $1 coupon for the Pillsbury Crescent rolls. They were $1.87 and when when cashier saw the coupon she said "but they are only $1.87" as though it didn't make sense to save $1. She rang it through and I didn't say anything but I was thinking "yah, well now it only cost me $.87". That's the first time I have had an issue although it wasn't a large one, when using coupons. I only seriously started with the whole coupon redeeming this month and this week alone I save almost $37 so I'm pretty proud of myself. I don't feel bad using coupons at all, they are everywhere for a reason. I'm not shy about holding up a line although I feel a little bit bad if the store is really busy but I'm not doing anything wrong, just trying to save my money. I hope more stores become more coupon friendly

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8

Thread Information