User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Expired
    In with all my flyers I found a 'Smart Source magazine'!! Has a number of coupons including a B1G1 free for any SB toilet product and B1G1 free on any Pledge multisurface (or couple other Pledge cleaners).
    Note: If I read the coupons correctly and according to the Retail Sales Tax Guide (Ont) you should expect to obviously pay for the first item including taxes but the free item is free (no taxes to be charged for the 'free' item).
    This thread is currently associated with: Smart Source

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    487 (100%)

I'll get it tomorrow I hope.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    332 (100%)

Thanks. I will check on tomorrow's newspaper.

Trading Score
    10 (100%)

No FPC's? oh well...Thanks for the post!
    Free video game trading at 99gamers! Please use my referral link
    http://99gamers.com/invite/Weeeooojr

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I hope I get it! The B1G1 on Pledge Mutlisurface is good, because if you clipped the MIR from one of the last flyers, you can send away the reciept and get both free! I still have my Save.ca coupon too, so if I get the coupons in my flyer I'm gonna be a happy shopper tomorrow!

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I never seem to get mine! I think my paperboy is stealing them..........lol

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    170 (100%)

If I read the coupons correctly and according to the Retail Sales Tax Guide (Ont) you should expect to obviously pay for the first item including taxes but the free item is free (no taxes to be charged for the 'free' item).
    The scrubbing bubbles coupons states that all applicable taxes must be paid by the consumer. I believe that is the rule for BOGO coupons. Only coupons that state free and state that taxes are included in the coupon (or don't specify that the consumer must pay the taxes) are totally free.

I know that today at Zellers the clerk had me pay the taxes on the product even with a FPC because the coupon didn't say that the taxes are included in the face value of the coupon. I believe that is incorrect since the does state the product is free and it can't be free (the coupon i used doesn't make exclusions) if I have to pay the taxes. <!-- / message -->

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    78 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by JunkpileJennifer View Post
    I hope I get it! The B1G1 on Pledge Mutlisurface is good, because if you clipped the MIR from one of the last flyers, you can send away the reciept and get both free! I still have my Save.ca coupon too, so if I get the coupons in my flyer I'm gonna be a happy shopper tomorrow!
    ooh, good idea thanks!

Trading Score
    164 (100%)

I got mine today, both in our local freebie newspaper and in our daily subscription of our local newspaper... Bonus

Trading Score
    219 (100%)

i got mine today

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by kerrylj View Post
    The scrubbing bubbles coupons states that all applicable taxes must be paid by the consumer. I believe that is the rule for BOGO coupons. Only coupons that state free and state that taxes are included in the coupon (or don't specify that the consumer must pay the taxes) are totally free.

I know that today at Zellers the clerk had me pay the taxes on the product even with a FPC because the coupon didn't say that the taxes are included in the face value of the coupon. I believe that is incorrect since the does state the product is free and it can't be free (the coupon i used doesn't make exclusions) if I have to pay the taxes. <!-- / message -->

This following is taken from the Retail Sales Tax Guide 511 (Ontario); my understanding is that on FPC or B1G1 free coupons you are not required to pay taxes on the item that is "free" unless it does state that you are to pay taxes. On 'save-on' coupons, my understanding is, if it states that GST/HST/QST are included in face value of the coupon the coupon value will cover a portion or all of the taxes on that item if it should happen to have a pre-tax value less than the value of the coupon...example: I buy an item priced at $1.87 and have a $2 coupon; with taxes (13% in Ont) the price would be $2.11; because taxes are included in face value of coupon the full $2 will be applied to the total cost of the item (the coupon will cover the $1.87 + $0.13 of the taxes) leaving you to pay $0.11 or anything above the $2.
    Free Taxable Goods, No Purchase Required

A coupon that is issued by either a retailer or a manufacturer may provide for taxable merchandise to be given free of charge, with no requirement to purchase other merchandise. The person presenting the coupon is not required to pay <ACRONYM title="Retail Sales Tax">RST</ACRONYM> on the free merchandise. In this case, the person bearing the expense of the free merchandise is required to pay <ACRONYM title="Retail Sales Tax">RST</ACRONYM> on the cost of the merchandise.
    Free Taxable Goods with Purchase of Other Taxable Goods

A coupon that is issued by either a retailer or a manufacturer may provide for free taxable merchandise to be given with the purchase of other taxable merchandise. The customer pays <ACRONYM title="Retail Sales Tax">RST</ACRONYM> on the total amount paid for the merchandise, which includes the free merchandise. For example, when a coupon offers two chocolate bars for the price of one, <ACRONYM title="Retail Sales Tax">RST</ACRONYM> is payable by the customer on the price paid for one. In this case, the person bearing the expense of the free merchandise is not required to pay <ACRONYM title="Retail Sales Tax">RST</ACRONYM> on the cost of the free merchandise.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by JunkpileJennifer View Post

Excellent idea!

Vacation over too soon! winkerstones's Avatar
    Trading Score
    283 (100%)

Thanks for posting.

Trading Score
    9 (100%)

Thanks for posting,

Trading Score
    36 (97%)

Crap didnčt get the paper oh well father inlaw will have it for sure

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast