User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Whats the password to unlock? I want to modify the sheet so it will tell me how many bonus points are needed to make SDM better than other stores - that way I can easily check with my flyers

Thx

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Great work...thanks for sharing

JAMs Wife
    Trading Score
    10 (100%)

Thanks for sharing!
    Like FREE and EASY?!? Join Swagbucks and start earning free stuff (amazon gift cards, pay pal, the list is endless) NOW
    My blog - Little Miss Kate - Blogging about life as a mom, reviews, giveaways and everything in between

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (80%)

thats quite an effort thanks and thumbs up!

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    59 (100%)

just a minor comment...

"$made = OOP - Value of Points" is not entirely correct, the reason being you have to redeem the points in order for them to be worth anything.

So to get a true picture of what you've made or saved, you need to consider the redemption part too. For example,

Out of Pocket this time = $100
    Value of Points Earned = $50

Redemption of Points (second trip) = $50

Amount saved this time = $100*($50/($50+$100)) = $33.33
    Amount saved at redemption = $50*($50/($50+$100)) = $16.66

There is the misconception that the amount saved during the first trip is $50. But one needs to realize that the policy can change anytime, so points may or may not be worth the same when you go and redeem it. Whats worth $50 today may only be worth $35 the next time. We've already seem the bonus redemption drop from $200 to $170. Just thought I'd point it out.

Otherwise GREAT JOB putting together the spread sheet, Smartnewbie!!!

Hmmmmm
    Trading Score
    63 (100%)

Wow, this is awesome!!!

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Thanks. Downloaded it, however as someone above mentioned, it is password protected and not really able to do much with it and "make it my own". Lots of effort put into it otherwise.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

thumbs up

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thanks smartnewbie! Well done!
    When you caculate the points earned, you use the price before coupon. But actually I think SDM only give points to the final price after coupon, according to my experience.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    134 (100%)

Wow! Are you a math teacher? haha!
    jax

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

thank you, thank you, thank you

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by daphne010180 View Post
    just a minor comment...

"$made = OOP - Value of Points" is not entirely correct, the reason being you have to redeem the points in order for them to be worth anything.

So to get a true picture of what you've made or saved, you need to consider the redemption part too. For example,

Redemption of Points (second trip) = $50

Amount saved this time = $100*($50/($50+$100)) = $33.33
    Amount saved at redemption = $50*($50/($50+$100)) = $16.66

There is the misconception that the amount saved during the first trip is $50. But one needs to realize that the policy can change anytime, so points may or may not be worth the same when you go and redeem it. Whats worth $50 today may only be worth $35 the next time. We've already seem the bonus redemption drop from $200 to $170. Just thought I'd point it out.

Otherwise GREAT JOB putting together the spread sheet, Smartnewbie!!!
    Thanks for the feedback. Here's my logic. It's true that you do have to redeem the points earn for them to be worth anything and yes, it's value changes depending on when you redeem them, whether it be 75k for $150 (regular redemption) or 75k for $200 (bonus redemption). Which is why I created the different sheets so people can see how much the points are worth based on when they redeem them. Unless SDM changes the value of pts per amount it's worth (75k for $150 or 75k for $200) which I agree they might in the future but as it stands, the value per dollar remains the same. e.g 500/$ for 75k=$150 and 375/$ for 75k=$200 so it's value is also constant.

This is what I see from your example:

I saved $50 from the products I just purchased. Why? Because the pts I earned from it will be used at a later date to purchased other products so if I bought something worth $50 and used pts to buy it, the 2nd purchase is free. In total, I still only spend $100 but received two products. Had I bought them from out of pocket, it would have cost $150 ($100 from 1st purchase and $50 from second purchase) but because I used pts on the 2nd purchase, I saved $50. In the end, I still save $50 because of the pts. And yes, definitely, if SDM should change the amount of pts for $ value, then those pts might not be worth as much but I'm relying on the fact that it will not happen anytime soon.

For those who would like to be conservative, use the regular redemption value rather than the bonus redemption value so should you need to "cash out", you can do it anytime rather than wait until they have the bonus redemption days.

I hope it makes sense. I"m by no means a math wiz.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by susiepk View Post
    Thanks smartnewbie! Well done!
    When you caculate the points earned, you use the price before coupon. But actually I think SDM only give points to the final price after coupon, according to my experience.
    Not according to my receipt. The points are calculated from total with coupons, that's why you can use coupons on 15x or 20x the pts day and still qualify even if your out of pocket is less than the amount you need to qualify for the points. E.g the last 15x the points day when you spend $50 or over, my total bill out of pocket was only $42.64 but if I didn't use any coupons it would have cost me $63 and change. Because that is over $50 before coupons, I qualified for the points and got points on the $63 not the $42.64. My actual points were as follow:

Regular pts: 630
    Store bonus points: 8820 (63X14); btw, it's 14 because this plus the regular points will equal to 15x the points.

If you had made purchases on the last 15x and qualified and still have the receipt. Punch it in the sheet and see if works out. It should.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jaxflower View Post
    Wow! Are you a math teacher? haha!
    jax
    No I'm not a math teache but thanks for the compliments!

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by mydoglugnut View Post
    Thanks. Downloaded it, however as someone above mentioned, it is password protected and not really able to do much with it and "make it my own". Lots of effort put into it otherwise.
    I did that for the main reason that if anyone would like any changes to it, they can give feedback so everyone else can benefit from it. And the plus side is I do the work for you! Also, should you fool around with it and somehow screw up the formulas, it no longer is useful.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information