User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Semi-Retired
    Trading Score
    9 (100%)

Expired
    So when you see a tear-off booklet of coupons at a store, how many do you grab before you start feeling guilty?
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Banned
    Trading Score
    93 (100%)

Depends whether I really like the product. I saw some Loreal $2 off coupons, I took 3-4. I know I definitely won't use more than that.

I want to let others get some too though, so I try to limit myself.
    Last edited by Justine; Fri, May 1st, 2009 at 04:57 AM.

Trading Score
    9 (100%)

For me, it's situation-specific.

If there's a full tear pad that looks like it was just put up, I will take a more liberal amount. If there is only a few left, I will only take 1 or maybe 2 MAX and that's only if I really love the product.

When I say liberal, I will take as many as 10 or 12, but again, only if there is a full tear pad. I have seen people ripping off a wad that's half or more of the tear pad and I think this is greedy. They may not even use all that, and all they've done is prevented others from being able to use it. The coupons expire and then no one benefits.

There's been times when security is standing right there (some stores have uniformed security) and I'm ripping them off without actually buying the product. They've never said boo to me. So many times I have bought product I needed and then within a few days the vendor posts a tear pad of coupons. So, I don't need any right now, but I know I will so I take some coupons and wait for the next sale.

I'm just reasonable about it and under no circumstances do I take every last one. Unless, of course, there is only one left to take!
    Last edited by thecountess; Fri, May 1st, 2009 at 07:11 AM.

Trading Score
    96 (100%)

depending on the situation ill take max 10 coupons, considering that there are 2 coupon pads on a display. if there is only 1 i will take 5. i hate it when people take all of them and leave nothing for everying else

Trading Score
    98 (100%)

depends on how many are there - I don't take more than what I will use or trade...

I usually have multiples of coupons because I pretty much shop every day, and each time I see the coupons, I will take a few.

My family hunts for them for me too so I get lots

I never toss them and always give lots of extras with my trades - so I don't feel guilty about it

Dayle
    Been visiting us for awhile? ... Thinking of joining? ... Click on this link to join in the fun! ... http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/index.php?referrerid=26026

Trading Score
    22 (100%)

if its a booklet i usually take 3-4 depending on the products. sometimes i will get tht many to share with my mom. if only i use the products maybe 2. tear off single coupons i'll take anywhere from 1-10 depending on my personal use and how many are left. If its pretty full i take more, nearing the end i'll only take 1-2

couponchick
    Trading Score
    172 (97%)

generally 3-4

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I usually take 3-4 and figure I am sharing them on the coupons trains so thats ok.

Trading Score
    31 (100%)

I usually take 2-3 if it's a tear pad of coupons. If it's a booklet, I'll just take one. I feel guilty!

Trading Score
    122 (100%)

I look at the expiry date and then decide how many I will use for myself before they expire and take a few extra for trading. If it's something I won't use then I usually take only 2 for trading.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Good question. I actually found myself going to Sobeys this week primarily to scout out the coupons they had. I don't shop there, in general, so it was an opportunity to re-acquaint myself with the store (it has undergone a hugh layout change since I last went there) and actually pick up a few items on sale not in the flyer.
    They had tons of coupons throughout the store and I, like many have already said, only took some of those I would definitely use. I checked the expiry dates and if it was a product I use regularly and there was a full pad (some actually had 2 full or near full pads) then I calculated 1 coupon per month; so for example after finding about 4 full pads for the Europe's Best fruits/veggies I ended up taking 10 (the coupons expiry Mar 31/2010). For those products I either don't use often or would try if at a good price I took only 1 coupon.
    I don't want to hog coupons as I don't appreciate those who would do that; I only took what seemed reasonable, up to the equivalent of 1 per month up to the expiry dates for the products I use regularly and only if there were lots of coupons left.
    Last edited by frugal_gal; Fri, May 1st, 2009 at 11:08 PM.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I usually take 1, the maximum 6, that was minute maid coupon.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    10 (100%)

Well again it's specific to each of us. I'll generally take at least 10 if it's something I'll use, I run a household that includes 10 people and 4 dogs, so I go through alot of stock! LOL

I don't feel guilty, but I never take the last one! LOL If there's lots I'll take lots, if there's a few I'll take a few of those, but leave some too.

I read the other day that Canadian manufacturers issue 3 billion, (yes billion!) coupons annually, and only about 3 million get redeemed. That's one in every thousand coupons! So if I can (and do) use them it's not taking them out of anybody else's pocket as I see it.

I'm going to learn how to trade too!

Banned
    Trading Score
    93 (100%)

The people that are taking 10, isn't that...a lot?

Trading Score
    122 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Kimmar View Post
    Well again it's specific to each of us. I'll generally take at least 10 if it's something I'll use, I run a household that includes 10 people and 4 dogs, so I go through alot of stock! LOL

I don't feel guilty, but I never take the last one! LOL If there's lots I'll take lots, if there's a few I'll take a few of those, but leave some too.

I read the other day that Canadian manufacturers issue 3 billion, (yes billion!) coupons annually, and only about 3 million get redeemed. That's one in every thousand coupons! So if I can (and do) use them it's not taking them out of anybody else's pocket as I see it.

I'm going to learn how to trade too!
    Wow, that's very interesting. What a waste. Just think of all the money everyone could be saving.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information