User Tag List

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Semi-Retired
    Trading Score
    9 (100%)

Expired
    So as you may have seen, this week's Canadian Tire flyer comes with a scratch card, just like last week.

If you live in an apartment building and there are a bunch of flyers that are going to be thrown into the recycling bin, you may want to grab the scratch cards first.

You can actually know in advance if the scratch card is a winner before going to the store.

If you go to a dark room and shine a really bright light (my LED keychain was just sufficient) through the black area at the back of the card, you should be able to see enough wording to determine if it's a winner or not.

The messages will be similar to the below:

The "$5 instant coupon" and "Sorry" is in lighter print, so it's harder to make out. It's easier to look for the 2nd line instead. If you see "To claim your prize", then it's a winner. If you see "thanks for playing" then it's not a winner.

So... the question is what am I going to use these $5 coupons on...
    This thread is currently associated with: Canadian Tire
    Last edited by InvisibleSoul; Wed, May 13th, 2009 at 06:37 PM.

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

hey,that actually worked !!! Thanks..No winner though

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

We won $5 with our weekend card & $5 with our week card (with last weeks cards).
    Last edited by mickey53; Fri, May 1st, 2009 at 07:21 PM.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Good to know. Thanks.

Trading Score
    52 (100%)

Tricky!!

Semi-Retired
    Trading Score
    9 (100%)

Anyone know of any really cheap filler items at Canadian Tire?

So many items are or will add up to like $4.99... which would be a penny shy of being enough to redeem the coupon.

I took a really quick look around, and the cheapest items I saw were 89¢ Ajax Cleanser and Air Wick Air Freshener. Last week they had 59¢ Comet Cleanser.

Any ideas?

coupon-holic
    Trading Score
    304 (100%)

I picked up a bunch from my apartment mail area too..people were throwing them out @_@

but i just noticed the back of the card...it says "if using multiple coupons, repeat steps 3 & 4.." for cashiers. Does that mean we can use multiple $5 cards in one transaction?? I looked thru the whole card and nothing says one-per-customer or transaction or visit. so...if i have 2, can I get $10 off??

Coupon and Freebie Junkie courtreporter's Avatar
    Trading Score
    70 (97%)

you're brilliant. Thanks so much

Coupon Collector
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

A secondary tip (I learned at another forum) is using scotch tape to gently lift off the top layer of the gold covering. This will help you see more clearly with your flashlight without making it too obvious.

I have also heard you can try using a regular white eraser on the black on the back side but have not confirmed this works.

I received two different sets of cards last week and some were easier to see through than others. The tape solved my issue.

My suggestion for a neat item is a 24 led camping light ring. Pretty bright and designed to hang nicely to cast good light. Uses 4 AA batteries. I use it in my office with rechargables for desk lighting. It was on sale last week for $7.99

Trading Score
    208 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by DGirl View Post
    A secondary tip (I learned at another forum) is using scotch tape to gently lift off the top layer of the gold covering. This will help you see more clearly with your flashlight without making it too obvious.

I have also heard you can try using a regular white eraser on the black on the back side but have not confirmed this works.

I received two different sets of cards last week and some were easier to see through than others. The tape solved my issue.

My suggestion for a neat item is a 24 led camping light ring. Pretty bright and designed to hang nicely to cast good light. Uses 4 AA batteries. I use it in my office with rechargables for desk lighting. It was on sale last week for $7.99
    Thanks for the scotch tape trick... I won two "Thanks for Playing". Saves me a trip to CT.

Semi-Retired
    Trading Score
    9 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by kaimui22 View Post
    I picked up a bunch from my apartment mail area too..people were throwing them out @_@

but i just noticed the back of the card...it says "if using multiple coupons, repeat steps 3 & 4.." for cashiers. Does that mean we can use multiple $5 cards in one transaction?? I looked thru the whole card and nothing says one-per-customer or transaction or visit. so...if i have 2, can I get $10 off??
    I've heard of others successfully arguing it and being able to use multiple coupons for one transaction.

HOWEVER... apparently there is a 2 page rules sheet that says in the fine print that stacking is not allowed, and 1 per customer.

But yeah, it is quite contrary to what it says on the back of the coupon itself...

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    170 (100%)

Thanks so very much. I was not going to bother but I got a winner so I went and got the outdoor clothes line I had planned to get with the $5 coupon from the PUC and the $5 off and they were even on sale. I saved $13 off it total.

Trading Score
    55 (100%)

can you get these cards in store?

Coupon Collector
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

On the weekend my store had a pile at the cash register all the way to closing on Sunday. However, during the week there were none available at the till. YMMV
    Last edited by DGirl; Fri, May 1st, 2009 at 04:52 PM. Reason: spelling

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    22 (100%)

i bought a box of fertilizer last week, and i forgot to give the cash card to the cashier. i got home, scratched it for fun, and whaddya know. a $5 winner. thanks for the tips!

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information