User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    23 (100%)

I went to a few different places yesterday trying to use up some of my coupons before they expire. When I was in the line-up at SDM, there was this severely challenged man in front of me, purchasing m&m's and and a Life brand coke. The cashier rang up his two items and he was watching very closely to see how much it would come to. She said "that's $2.26" in a horribly rude tone. The poor man started taking out all kinds of pennies and dimes and nickels, and started to count them out, and then finally said "$2.26, is that right?" The cashier shot him a dirty look, and finally said yes the m&ms were so and so and the coke was so and so. The cashier was being a total b***c (sorry for the language!), and you could tell that the man didn't want to push her buttons. Regardless, he pointed out to her that the m&m's were 76 cents from the clearance bin. She let out a HUGE sigh and went and looked - sure enough - 76 cents! She went back and adjusted the price to 76 cents. I was standing behind him the whole time, and heard the whole thing, so with my SC knowledge I decided to help the man out. I said "Excuse me, not that it's any of my business, but if something rings in at the wrong price, isn't it free?" In the end after a few more rude remarks and rude looks, she adjusted the price to $0.01..?
    If she wasn't so rude to the poor obviously challenged man, I most likely wouldn't have said anything, but I felt like he deserved it for putting up with her! (sorry for the long story, I just felt like it needed to be posted!)
    This thread is currently associated with: M&M Meats, Pharmaprix, Shoppers Drug Mart
    Last edited by Wishbonelove; Fri, May 15th, 2009 at 09:58 PM.

Trading Score
    79 (100%)

A very big Bouquet to you! I admire people who stand up for those who can't and a big pile of poop to the cashier. Don't you just love it when you can catch someone like that when they are wrong.
    I know I do. Good for you

Trading Score
    176 (99%)

Good for you!!!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Something similar happened to me a couple of weeks ago except it was with an elderly woman who was shall we say a bit confused. The cashiers were actually glancing back and forth to each other rolling eyes among other rude faces so when it was my turn after about 10 minutes I looked at her and said that remember some day that might be you and she shut up pretty fast.

I hate to highjack your thread but this is such a pet peeve of mine, abuse, rudeness and the disdain that younger (and some older)people show towards the elderly or "challenged".

Man I have so many stories about this but let's just say I get particularly annoyed at young people who do this and am not silent about it.

Good on you for helping out that man.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

What a nice thing to do!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    375 (100%)

Good for you for helping that man! Thumbs up for you! Some cashiers are just so rude!

Coupon and Freebie Junkie courtreporter's Avatar
    Trading Score
    70 (97%)

That is great. I am so happy you did that. I would have done the same thing.

And, Patty, I luv ya, that is exactly the same comment I would have made. It really irks me when someone screws around with the elderly or the challenged.

Trading Score
    141 (100%)

Way to help out!!! Good for him for watching the prices.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    102 (100%)

I applaud you!

Trading Score
    118 (100%)

Awesome! Wonderful! And HUGS to you!!!!!!!!! What a great person you are, to stand up for someone being treated like a second class citizen because they are a bit different. Good for you for stepping in... not everyone does that and I'll bet that man didn't have a clue what you were talking about... but you know... it matters. In the end, it mattered and I'm so happy that you did that!
    CentrallyCalm has sent out 28 trains!...whoo hoo! Teaching Newbie Coupon Classes! Let me know if you'd like to come to a class, in person, face to face; with real handout reference & teaching materials... it's the only class quite like it! PM for details & areas where I will teach!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    -3 (20%)

Aw! I love sharing the coupon and the smart shopper love! Tonight I saw a woman buying SKinny Cow ice cream @ Save on and I stopped her and gave her one of the coupons that I had picked up @ Safeway! She was ecstatic! (:

Trading Score
    317 (100%)

I love this story...good for you! I bet those M&Ms tasted all that sweeter for that man...

Trading Score
    122 (100%)

That is the best scop brag ever!

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

It was so nice of you to step up

Trading Score
    93 (100%)

Good job on this one. Who knows, maybe the cashier learned a lesson from you that day.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information