User Tag List

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

Greetings all!

A group of moms that I get together with on a regular basis joined together for a Superstore cooking class last week. We're all moms, and most of us are the primary cooks in our households. The theme was Thai food.

This was a private class, we each paid $20 to participate, and this included all the food. With the guidance of a chef named Jason and an assistant, we collectively prepped, cooked, enjoyed and cleaned up together.

We had coconut curry shrimp, rice pilaf with grated sweet potato and apple, ginger mango salad and a pork and mango dish (the mango was supposed to be pineapple, but a substitution was made because of someone's mango allergy).

There were 15 of us, and we were broken up into teams depending on what you wanted to do/what you were good at. Some baked, some cooked, some sliced/diced, etc. Not all of us knew each other when we got there, but sure did by the end of the class!

What a great time! We all had so much fun getting the food all put together, and learned a lot. The chef was right there to help if you had questions or were unsure of how to do something or thought you might be doing it wrong. As we were eating, different people asked the chef questions about cooking different things, the best methods, etc. and he was really helpful.

I'd highly recommend that you try a Superstore cooking class, I felt it was a great deal and you really got a great meal. I'll be trying out some of this stuff on my own soon! Next month we're planning another one, this time an all-appetizers class.

Z
    This thread is currently associated with: Real Canadian Superstore RCSS, Apple

Hmmmmm
    Trading Score
    63 (100%)

What a great idea! I wasn't aware they did private classes. Or did you request the private class because you had so many people already to fill it?

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

I wasn't the organizer, but I think that if you have a certain number of people you can work with them to have whatever class you want for just your own group. At our Superstore they're even licensed, so you can have wine or beer with your meal if you want (for an additional charge of course!).

Z

Thread Information