User Tag List

Page 30 of 41 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 32 40 ... LastLast
Like Tree937Likes

Thread: How crafty are you??

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Great thread! I am glad I came across it, it's been enjoyable seeing the lovely crafts and hear about all your talents. I wish Lynn's pics weren't broken for me....I love sparkly things. And I loved the link to the lady that makes crochet characters! So cute and fun!

I did custom auto upholstery for a few years but sold my industrial machine last year. I was packing it from home to home and never using it and they are big and heavy. So I have given that up. My regular sewing machine is also in storage but I am thinking about making a Halloween costume and some curtains for our camping trailer. So, I might get it out soon and tune it up. I also liked repainting embellishing furniture but in a condo there isn't much room for that any more. I like all kinds of crafts and use to do a lot of it....but now I never seem to find the time.

Will see if I can find any of my goodies as I fall clean and purge and share some pics.
    Natalka, Lynn49, dededi and 1 others like this.
    Opening a fee-free Tangerine account using my Orange key: 43034602S1 You will receive a $50 bonus from Tangerine. Get another $25 bonus when opening a Savings account and making automatic deposits for 6 months AND get another $25 from me! PM me for details.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I'm posting this in both this and the Christmas threads because I thought it was such a uniqueand terribly EASY idea for napkin "rings"...which aren't really napkin rings! I can see this using beautiful paper, coordinated with your table colours...anyway...I thought I'd pass it along..

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Oh! Nice. Carlton's card has beautiful single sheet wrapping paper that I always want but never allowed myself to buy til I had a project for it.
    Lots of shiny and some flocked designs.
    Opening a fee-free Tangerine account using my Orange key: 43034602S1 You will receive a $50 bonus from Tangerine. Get another $25 bonus when opening a Savings account and making automatic deposits for 6 months AND get another $25 from me! PM me for details.

Trading Score
    591 (100%)

OMG to funny

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    It's just doesn't seem to be working for me, You and Me...!
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/411352-...-lists-canada/

Please use my ​Orange key when you open a Tangerine account 41140291S1

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Thought this was interesting & helpful
    Davetherave likes this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Now why didn't I think of this?!

Pick up sticks, twigs, dollar store butterflies, seed pods (oh! those helicopter things!), acorns, rocks, bark, pack 'em up and sell it all as a "Fairy Garden"! I wouldn't even have to include a little balsam house to construct for the fairies to live in!!

People BUY these things??!!!!

Wow. Someone sure was thinking when she realized she could con people in to buying this!!! $60.86!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh! It has STRING, too!!! It's on Etsy....
    Make a delightful Fairy House with the treasures you find in this kit box.

So many fun options for imaginative and creative building.

Goodies you'll find in your Fairy House Kit Box : sticks, twigs, 4 varieties and colors of moss, birch bark, stones, wood rounds in different sizes, branches, toadstool, acorn caps, feather butterfly, bamboo, liquid amber seed pods, Seed pod, pine cone, walnut shell half, string, twine, raffia, glue and many other little surprises.

You and your child will have SO MUCH FUN!

And for a mere $40.57...ACCESSORIES!!!

Last edited by Lynn49; Fri, Oct 23rd, 2015 at 04:23 PM.
    Davetherave likes this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Head over to Boutique VV or some similar store (or your kids' closets?) and cut the sleeves off worn out or too-small sweaters...so cute!
    I've also seen them used as take-out coffee cup holders!

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

well NOT crafty really but I am cheap! I bought a long ( down to my knees ) winter coat with a lovely fur-ish trimmed hood ( quite heavy ) from the Thrift Store for $14.99..... but after wearing a few times I could tell I'd be putting in a new separating zipper. Paid 1/3 the cost of the coat for that new zipper! ( ugh FabricLand!! ) But so much better! No more problems of it splitting from the bottom up. I swear my sewing machine said " hey stranger where ya been ? "

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

For those of you who love those Target concrete balls...make your own...a little smaller, but cute!

http://www.bhg.com/videos/m/87610244...c=nw100d102715
    vw_girl and Davetherave like this.

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    For those of you who love those Target concrete balls...make your own...a little smaller, but cute!

http://www.bhg.com/videos/m/87610244...c=nw100d102715
    LOL! I am such a Target junkie I would do this. If I had a house with a driveway I would get the big ones to place on each side.
    Lynn49 and Davetherave like this.

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

I've been working on my Halloween costume for the last few nights. It's the first time I have gotten crafty in ages and I am enjoying it. I will post pictures soon. I did the head piece last night and should have the dress and embellishments finished or close to it tonight.
    Natalka, Lynn49, walkonby and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

I am really pleased with how this turned out! It was just a hair band and red roses that I wove through the headband. Then I painted the smaller ones for some contrast and added dollar store skulls. I am going as a Day of the Dead character.

Name:  day.jpg
Views: 171
Size:  46.0 KB
    Natalka, Lynn49, walkonby and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by vw_girl View Post
    I am really pleased with how this turned out! It was just a hair band and red roses that I wove through the headband. Then I painted the smaller ones for some contrast and added dollar store skulls. I am going as a Day of the Dead character.

Name:  day.jpg
Views: 171
Size:  46.0 KB
    It's beautiful! What is the rest of you wearing?
    Lynn49 likes this.

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Thank you! It's just what I pictured in my head, so happy it turned out.

This is the base of my costume, there's a sash and more roses. I need to find skeleton tights and some jewelry. And will paint my face sugar skull style. And the gorgeous purse I found below to go with it.

Name:  DSC_1581 (1).jpg
Views: 319
Size:  97.4 KB

Name:  _20151028_003327.jpg
Views: 302
Size:  73.5 KB

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Beautiful dress, and wowsers on that purse! You will look FAB!
    Crochetlady, Lynn49 and vw_girl like this.

Page 30 of 41 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 32 40 ... LastLast

Thread Information