User Tag List

Page 32 of 41 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 34 ... LastLast
Like Tree937Likes

Thread: How crafty are you??

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Your watercolour is very nice those bobbins of threads look so real. If you use the thread tools on top of the page you can subsribe to this page and it will never be lost you just click on quick links and you will find it.
    macw1960, dededi and Davetherave like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Thank you, BlueRose.
    As for not losing this thread.....I'll have to take a closer look on how to do that; you're talkin' to an old lady here, lol....I know there's a subscribe feature on here that I've never used. I'll attempt to locate it.
    Have a lovely day, Sweetie!
    bluerose, macw1960 and Davetherave like this.

Trading Score
    18 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    Well, I'll jump in here now that this thread has been resurrected again (I can never find it!)...this is a recent painting I did of my Mom's old wooden spools of thread: it's only my second watercolour, but it's so much fun in class!! The tablecloth was cross-stitched by both my Baba and my Mom...next tablecloth I paint will not be cross-stitched!

Attachment 303602
    My goodness Lynn, this is beautiful!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by VeeVee View Post
    My goodness Lynn, this is beautiful!
    Thank you, VeeVee..much appreciated, Hon!
    Davetherave likes this.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

i cant draw to save my life....lol

i have made purfume creams, bath salts, my own lipgloss, & blush. Ive made kitchen curtains (thank god for fabric glue) ive made a jewelery holder from a corkboard. Ive bedazzled some clothing & ive knitted hats & scarves.
    crafting is very calming.

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Bluerose! The afghan is beautiful and I can't believe your first one. The stitches look perfect.

And Lynn, you have some big talent. It's funny. I have zero drawing or painting skills. I am crafty in a building or piecing together elements type of way. But I cannot just sit down with a blank piece of paper and draw anything that looks distinguishable. Yet my mom and sister are both talented drawers and painters.

Here is my latest! I came back from my dad's funeral and was in a real funk and it was crafting with a girlfriend some things for her wedding that totally brought me out of it and I am so glad now that I have been taking time to do something i enjoy.

Her wedding is ocean themed and I've started making jelly fish. They will glow at night when the music and dancing starts.

Name:  DSC_3258.jpg
Views: 177
Size:  65.3 KB

Name:  DSC_3246 (1).jpg
Views: 168
Size:  39.5 KB
    Opening a fee-free Tangerine account using my Orange key: 43034602S1 You will receive a $50 bonus from Tangerine. Get another $25 bonus when opening a Savings account and making automatic deposits for 6 months AND get another $25 from me! PM me for details.

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Love your craft vw_girl, sorry to hear about your Dad glad that crafting helped you "keep on crafting"
    Natalka, dededi and Davetherave like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Vw_girl, my sympathy for the loss of your Dad...

When I saw your first pic, I immediately thought of a jellyfish and wondered what you were trying to achieve and then it WAS meant to be a jellyfish! Lol! It's absolutely gorgeous! How many are you making? Will they all be blue? How do they glow like that?! What did you use for the top part?
    That bride is very lucky to have you! I'd love to see a photo of the room when they're all lit up at the wedding! Yay, you!
    Natalka, vw_girl, dededi and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

weaving blankets these days have two woven they measure 98 inches by 120 inches long made mostly of cotton.

Attachment 305274
    Natalka, Lynn49, GoJays and 5 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by bluerose View Post
    weaving blankets these days have two woven they measure 98 inches by 120 inches long made mostly of cotton.

Attachment 305274
    Wow.....what absolutely beautiful work you do!
    Do you sell them, or are they meant for family members?
    Bluerose....just gorgeous!!!
    GoJays and SassyAshley like this.

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    Vw_girl, my sympathy for the loss of your Dad...

When I saw your first pic, I immediately thought of a jellyfish and wondered what you were trying to achieve and then it WAS meant to be a jellyfish! Lol! It's absolutely gorgeous! How many are you making? Will they all be blue? How do they glow like that?! What did you use for the top part?
    That bride is very lucky to have you! I'd love to see a photo of the room when they're all lit up at the wedding! Yay, you!
    Thank you!! I've really enjoyed doing them. This one was my test run to see how easy /how/if she would use them etc. Needles to say it went over very well and she said she would take as many jellies as I was offering to make. Turns out they are very easy to do and roughly $5 a piece to make. I've started on a turquoise one as that is her color and I have enough supplies to do 3. So I will decide from there whether to keep making them. I think it will look really neat at the reception, probably the more the better and I will definitely share the pictures of all our crafties in action.

This ones "body" was a cheap plastic lamp shade from the thrift store. But I have now found cheap clear plastic solarium type plant covers from Dollarama. They are the perfect jelly shape and curve out at the bottom a bit. Then its just a matter of hodgepodge/paper mache layers of tissue paper square which is the most time consuming part. Then weave elastic through some ribbons or lace to make them bunch up. And finish with the straighter ribbon along the rim. I used 2 glows sticks and one tea light in this guy to give him the eerie glow. My roommate twisted up thin wire with a hook at each end to hang with and to attach the ribbon and glow sticks up under.

See REALLY easy cheap and effective.
    Lynn49, GoJays and SassyAshley like this.
    Opening a fee-free Tangerine account using my Orange key: 43034602S1 You will receive a $50 bonus from Tangerine. Get another $25 bonus when opening a Savings account and making automatic deposits for 6 months AND get another $25 from me! PM me for details.

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

BlueRose! Looked at your equipment! How fun.....or is it tedious? How long does one take?
    SassyAshley likes this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by vw_girl View Post
    Thank you!! I've really enjoyed doing them. This one was my test run to see how easy /how/if she would use them etc. Needles to say it went over very well and she said she would take as many jellies as I was offering to make. Turns out they are very easy to do and roughly $5 a piece to make. I've started on a turquoise one as that is her color and I have enough supplies to do 3. So I will decide from there whether to keep making them. I think it will look really neat at the reception, probably the more the better and I will definitely share the pictures of all our crafties in action.

This ones "body" was a cheap plastic lamp shade from the thrift store. But I have now found cheap clear plastic solarium type plant covers from Dollarama. They are the perfect jelly shape and curve out at the bottom a bit. Then its just a matter of hodgepodge/paper mache layers of tissue paper square which is the most time consuming part. Then weave elastic through some ribbons or lace to make them bunch up. And finish with the straighter ribbon along the rim. I used 2 glows sticks and one tea light in this guy to give him the eerie glow. My roommate twisted up thin wire with a hook at each end to hang with and to attach the ribbon and glow sticks up under.

See REALLY easy cheap and effective.
    Well, my Dear, you certainly have a very fortunate Friend!! Thank you for the explanation...goodness it would be fun to have a few of these hanging outside at camp!!! I think I even have wired ribbon to save me time for the curly part but your method, now that I think of it, is more effectively jellyfish-like!!
    Thank you for those instructions....I plan on making a few of them to hang outside at camp...!! They'll be so cute! Not sure how glow sticks work...do they recharge in the sunlight, I wonder....I'll have to figure out how to put new ones in each night that I want them on....a battery t-light would be fine, but those sticks sure do add to that eerie glow!!

REALLY nice work!!!!! How many do you think you'll be able to make?
    SassyAshley likes this.

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

The loom is set to make 15 blankets and threading the loom with 1500 threads takes a bit of time but fun. There is no pattern to follow so its quite easy to do after some basic rules its just two peddles open and closed it takes about 8 to 12 hours for one blanket to weave with the prepared material. They are French traditional blankets and are called "catalogne blanket" I am making 2 blankets one for me and one for my sister inlaw.
    Natalka and SassyAshley like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

@vw_girl - so very sorry to hear about the passing of your father; my condolences.

The wedding decorations are so fun and fabulous!
    @bluerose - I'm in awe that you can do that weaving; how wonderful!
    bluerose and SassyAshley like this.

Page 32 of 41 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 34 ... LastLast

Thread Information