User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Trading Score
    346 (100%)

Wow - awesome deal on the laminator. Any chance they had more than one?

Quote Originally Posted by YesI'mcheap View Post
    Staples on Circle drive is having a big sidewalk sale. I bought a laminator for under $10.00. Manager said it was a $120.00, but I looked to see it online and according to the company that makes and sells them they are $399.00. Lots of school things on sale 20%-50% of all ready reduce prices. Got an planner for under 19.00 dollars marked down from 75.00. They will be adding items as the days go on. Lots of good things.
    Extra cash here - earn by searching/watching videos/doing offers on swagbucks - it's a legit site and pays reliably.

Already do swagbucks?try Instagc or pm me for invite codes for Gifthulk.

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

The one we got was a mis-order, but there was lots of other laminators for under 60.00 dollars.

Reviews Administrator
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

No deals to report, but just subbing and introducing myself!!

Grew up in small town by S'toon and live in different small town now.
    Love to coupon shop, but mostly love a good deal!!

Most of our shopping is at Zellers (HBC=AM), Safeway (AM), SDM (Optimum), etc - see a pattern, I am a points Junkie!!

I will post any great deals i find!!

TTYL
    Join Swagbucks - $75 in gift cards and counting!!
    http://swagbucks.com/refer/mom2faith

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

So my husband's grandma is coming out to visit in 1 week for a week. I'm was wondering if anyone has done the river cruise? Is it worth the money? Also is the Berry Barn any good? Is it a place where we can get a good meal or is it better as a dessert and coffee place?

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I live in Estevan during the university summers. We own a house in Estevan and my fiance lives there year round. This will be my last year at the UofS. I am finishing my Bachelor of Education and doing my 16wk internship in Saskatoon this fall.

I will be moving back to Saskatoon for the school year on Aug 19. I am planning on doing an LD shopping trip within a week or so of arriving in Saskatoon. I would like to know when people are meeting so that I can hopefully participate.

I coupon shop for my own household, got my mom into it and help her out with the three younger kids, purchase items for shelters, my gift stash, and planning a gift package for my cooperating teacher.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    11 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by YesI'mcheap View Post
    So my husband's grandma is coming out to visit in 1 week for a week. I'm was wondering if anyone has done the river cruise? Is it worth the money? Also is the Berry Barn any good? Is it a place where we can get a good meal or is it better as a dessert and coffee place?
    I have a Berry Barn coupon for 10% off that GivingSmall very generously gave me earlier this summer. I was expecting company, but they cancelled on me, so if you'd like it, it's yours. I personally find that Berry Barn is better as a dessert and coffee place and a place to go berrying, as its menu is very small. I'd highly recommend Tony Roma's, which has their 2 can dine for $12.99 lunches on MTW 11-4. There are a number of meals that are big, filling and really yummy that you can choose from. Montana's has a promotion on where MTW after 4, when you choose an entree from a special list, they give you a coupon for a free entree good for next time you are there. Also, for something special, there's 2nd Ave Grill. There's a coupon from a radio station for a BOGO dinner on Sunday; the link is on this forum... somewhere. Again, my brain has escaped for the time being.

EDIT: Found it! Post #14 of this thread for the CKOM 2nd Ave Grill printable.
    Last edited by cdnchk; Thu, Aug 6th, 2009 at 11:53 AM.

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Thank you Cdnchk. I would love to have the coupon for the berry barn. Our problem is Grandma is Hungarian just came to Canada 2 years ago, does not like "Canadian" food does not eat out much. Monday I'm precooking almost a weeks worth of Hungarian food for her visit. I'm hoping that she will like the Berry Barn.

Trading Score
    346 (100%)

She may like the Berry Barn then. They have farmer's sausage and I think perogies or the option of waffle with sauce. I think they also have a borscht soup. The menu is limited but we like going with out of town folks that enjoy that type of food.
    Last edited by Giving-Small; Thu, Aug 6th, 2009 at 12:24 PM.
    Extra cash here - earn by searching/watching videos/doing offers on swagbucks - it's a legit site and pays reliably.

Already do swagbucks?try Instagc or pm me for invite codes for Gifthulk.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Just a few ideas if you do ever want some ideas for 'close to' European food - at Market Mall, there is German Schnitzelmeister - very yummy food - one great combo has a huge piece of schnitzel, some sauerkraut, awesome spaetzel (those noodle/dumpling thingies) and a great-tasting sausage. So that would be take out.
    For eating in, Taunte Maria's - I've only been to the one in Sutherland. Really awesome huge perogies (I had the cottage cheese ones and they were fab!), sausage, my husband said the liver, bacon and onions was like homemade; homemade hearty soups, homemade noodles and gravy, etc. Only thing is they aren't open on the weekend.
    Will she still be here during Folkfest? That could be cool to take in.
    So whatcha been cooking? My husband's mom is Ukr., but was from Hungary, so that tends to sneak in to his cooking and baking a bit. Any great recipes to share?

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Sauerkraut Cabbage rolls
    Hungarian dry Sausages (Kind of like Gyulai Kolbasz) and mashed potatoes with stuffed peppers
    lesco ( stewed vegs) but I add meat (pork or beef) and use a Paprika for sauce served with rice or egg noodles.
    Chicken papriskash ( I like the kosher version better, but since his grandma loves traditional it will be with sour cream served with egg noodle)
    Homemade Chicken soup with homemade noodles.
    Cold cuts and European cream cheese

All served with homemade Hungarian styled pickles and peppers and Rye. All this is going down with Hungarian and Romanian wine and hard stuff.

And for my husband birthday cake I'm making Dobos Torto ( drum cake)
    Some thing I'm told is called snow peak mountain tops.
    Brown sugar candy ( my family's candy that his grandma loves)
    And any other desserts I have time to do be Tuesday.

My diet is so shoot. LOL. Forgive my name for the Hungarian names, I'm not Hungarian, I'm just married to one. But according to my inlaws I cook like a Hungarian, I just use less salt and lard.
    Last edited by YesI'mcheap; Fri, Aug 7th, 2009 at 02:15 PM.

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

if you go to the ex this week. Go to the Transylvania Booth (food) they are making a Hungarian dessert. I have never had there's but my husband' grandma makes them and they are the best. My husband calls them Trumpets. They are so good.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Hi everyone. I am moving back to Saskatoon on Wed, Aug 19 (less than a week). I wanted to try to have a meeting to trade coupons. I have been gone for the summer and have therefore not been able to attend any of the previous meetings. I have some time available on the Fri, Sat, early Sun, Mon, Tue. I start my internship on the last week of Aug.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

CO-OP has $2 containers of Dairlyand yogurt on sale this week. If you have the $2 off Dairyland Shape coupons you can get it for free. I picked two up yesterday for my sister.

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Does anyone here in Saskatoon, know where I can maybe rent a garden plot for next spring?
    Last edited by YesI'mcheap; Fri, Sep 4th, 2009 at 07:00 PM.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

CHEP has community gardens
    http://www.chep.org/cg/index.html

I thought maybe the U of S still had plots, but couldn't find any info. They do have a gardening extension program.
    The City lists gardens on their site, but no link.
    Otherwise, I have seen ads that people place, asking for garden plots.
    Possibly try Freecycle or FullCircles, if you are a member of them.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread Information