User Tag List

roadrunner
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

where's the best place to start looking?? i'm looking for saftey and savings for forward and rear facing carseats. a push in the right direction for where to look, and what models to look for would be very helpful and greatly appreciated.
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Trading Score
    58 (100%)

The First Years Tue Fit is an awesome seat. It rear faces to 35lbs and it will have a long life span-it has high top slots. If you go to www.car-seat.org there is a lot of info on there as well as techs you will answer all your questions and there is a Canadian section. I did a ton of research and I went with the True Fit. I had the Eddie Bauer 3 in 1 for my son and I can't stand that seat! My son outgrew it when he was 4. He only weighed 30lbs and was 38 inches-their claim that it's the only seat you'll need is a bunch of bs. I've read a lot of others who have had the same issues with that seat.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I have an Evenflo and have had lots of friend's car seats installed in my car (Safety 1st, Eddie Bauer, Britax). My husband and I both agree that the buckles are easier to use on every other brand.

I saw a Safety 1st 3-in-1 at my Walmart around $169, regular price. So far that's the best price I've seen. I've been keeping an eye out too since baby #2 is on the way HTH

roadrunner
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

thanks for the info. it's greatly appreciated.

roadrunner
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

thanks, and good luck with your search. if i see anything, i'll let you know.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

http://www.car-seat.org/

there is a blog and forums.
    i believe this is american, so be careful when you run out looking for the exact models they have mentioned.
    i found it very helpful when i had a car seat dilemna of my own recently
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

Trading Score
    211 (100%)

We have the Cosco Alpha Omega 3 in 1 and have no complaints. It's an all around great seat for $170 and it fits in my car just fine.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I looked for a 3-in-1 as well but actually found it cheaper to buy the Scenera Car Seat In A Bag at Wal Mart ($89.77), and then a seperate booster when the time came (there is one for kids 40-80lb for less than $25). Two items for $115, or one for $169.
    Marriage is a wonderful institution, but I'm not ready for an institution yet.

roadrunner
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

it's been a long day. thanks for your comments.

Trading Score
    58 (100%)

There is a Canadian forum section on there.

Quote Originally Posted by anisa View Post
    http://www.car-seat.org/

there is a blog and forums.
    i believe this is american, so be careful when you run out looking for the exact models they have mentioned.
    i found it very helpful when i had a car seat dilemna of my own recently

Trading Score
    208 (100%)

I have a True fit for my oldest and LOVE it front facing. Rear facing, I found it difficult to loosen and tighten the straps due to the positioning of the strap. Very frustrating. For my youngest (6 months) I am using an Evenflo Trimuph Advance Premiere. I love it the straps tighten by knobs on the side.

We had an Alpha Omega Elite and found that even though it claims to be the only carseat you will need, it wasn't. My daughter outgrew it long before she should have according to their ratings.

I recommend reading the reviews on all the different carseats on www.toysrus.ca I found a lot of information from other parents there that was helpful in my decision.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Nice,I have an answer for your question.That I will give the information in the form of an url which gives you the answer for your question.That blog includes the information about safety car seats and combi car seats.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

I bought a two in one seat - could be forward facing after your child is the appropriate size and weight, then you can remove the straps and it's a booster that goes up to 80 pounds or something. We don't own a car, but rent them regularly, so I've probably installed this car seat in cars more than the average person who mostly leaves it in the same car.

While it's a fine seat and I haven't really had any problems with it, I wish I hadn't bothered to buy one with the booster built in. It's just such a big thing, a PITA to install in someone's car if we're travelling with someone. I wish we had a small backless booster instead that I could just grab if we needed to go in a taxi or whatever (although I haven't done any research on the safety of those at all, we bought this one with the idea of not buying another child restraint product for a long time).

Oh, and don't even think of getting a deal on one in the US if you happen to be there. Canadian safety standards on child restraints are apparently a lot higher than they are in the US, an American seat is not legal here.

Good luck!

Z

Thread Information