User Tag List

Thread: Sdm

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I went in to SDM today to get a package of their Dove burst go fresh pack that was advertised for $9.99 in the flyer.

The price on the shelf still said $24.99 and the till it still came up $24.99. I asked the cashier if I would get it through SCOP since it's advertised in the flyer for $9.99.

The assistant manager came over and told me no she would not give it to me because the price on the shelf still says $24.99 and it's the wrong item in the picture.

Am I completely wrong here or should I have received the item for free through SCOP or at least the $9.99 advertised price?
    This thread is currently associated with: Pharmaprix, Shoppers Drug Mart

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    19 (100%)

You should have received it at the advertised price! I'm not sure on the SCOP (I am a newbie). I went to SDM yesterday and got one of the last ones, and it is the same as what is in the flyer! Can you try and go to another SDM in your area?

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

If the flyer "said" one item and but the picture next to it shows a different item, you wouldn't get the pictured item for for free, or even at the stated price. I didn't see that particular flyer, but a lot of times the text and the pictures don't match up, in which case the text is the one that's considered correct. There's usually something along the lines of "Text prevails when text and picture do not correspond" hidden in tiny print somewhere in the flyer."

Did they show you the item they considered the "right" item? Maybe there's a size difference or something.

Trading Score
    176 (99%)

In this case I think the Manager is right unfortunately. If its a different item than the one pictured in the flyer it doesn't count. Plus if it is clearly marked $24.99 on the shelf then SCOP wouldn't apply.

You can try another SDM though!
    Andrea
    My Blog: http://andreasfitness.blogspot.com

I joined Swagbucks and made $25 in 3 weeks! Its so easy! http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/rhiannon1891

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

That's what I don't get. It was the exact same item as pictured in the flyer and it seemed the same based on what was written below it.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

if it's the exact item as depicted on the flyer, given the flyer does not mention anything like "selected types & varieties," then take the product AND the flyer to the store manager. it happened to me before. i wanted to buy a product that was on sale and i had a coupon for it. but the shelf price was still at the regular price, and after the price scan, same thing. i talked to the store manager who studied the flyer and the product and told one of the guys in charge of adjusting prices to put up the sale price. the cashier was then instructed to punch in the new price and take my coupon. problem solved.

Trading Score
    132 (100%)

I think you have been wronged. I bought the Dove item in question and it is the item in the picture that is on sale for $9.99. SCOP would have applied because they are one of the companies that follow the practice. I would contact head office.

Thread Information