User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    137 (100%)

I love scrapbooking! It's one of my favorite things to do There are always lots of pictures to get into the albums, but I do have 2 or 3 albums of our 10 year old nephew, a few pages or half album maybe of our nearly 4 year old nephew and well the 2 year old I think is only in my daycare albums (I have some work to do), I did all our prom photos a few years a go

I injured myself and was off work on medical leave 3 years a go and that's when I took up scrapbooking, it was sooo boring as I couldn't do much (injured my back) and found scrapbooking great as I could sit and cut or lay and cut and so on and so forth Should do some more of that!!!! But I need pictures printed, my life was soooo exciting I got ALL my photos scrapbooked other then 'the old' pictures from when I was little and the ones I need re-prints (concerts and with my favorite country singers) and such don't want to scrap book the only copies.

Quote Originally Posted by robbiebaby69 View Post
    I use a wide assortment of tools including Cuttlebug, Cricut, stamps, embossing... and it could eliminate your need to purchase embellishments, punches, etc!

I hope we can make a go of this group
    How do you like the Cricut? It's on my wish list, looks soo cool!!!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

If you are not that innovative you can pickup a Scrapbooking publication and find a design that you would like to test or there is also a great book published by Becky Higgins known as Creative Companion.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Or...just grab a pot of coffee and head over to:
    www.splitcoaststampers.com
    and head to their gallery for inspiration!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

I'm not a scrapper, but just wanted to let you know I was on the OTC (oriental trading company) site yesterday, and then have tons of papers and embellishments on sale. I've ordered from them lots, so you know it's a safe site. It's from the US, but they use Canada borderfree, so you can see how much your purchase is (conversion, duties), before you finalize it.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Is scrapbooking cost effective? It seems like one of those hobbies that's very creative and provide heirloom momentos, but the prices of items I've seen at Michaels send me the other way.

Hmmmmm
    Trading Score
    63 (100%)

I scrap using Project Life, it can be done paperwise or digitally. I like having the whole process simplified so I don't have to buy a ton of embellishments. Google Becky Higgins, she is the creator of PL.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by blueeyetea View Post
    Is scrapbooking cost effective? It seems like one of those hobbies that's very creative and provide heirloom momentos, but the prices of items I've seen at Michaels send me the other way.
    Blue...it can be as expensive or cost-effective as you'd like to make it.
    There are ways to save on papers: some people ask for expired books of wallpaper samples, or purchase inexpensive wallpaper rolls or border prints and they then have a coordinated book!
    Although it's nice to have things like a Cricuit, I did just fine thankew, before I had one.
    As for embellishments, you can find those in places other than Michael's although I only buy them when they're on sale, or when I use a coupon (which I print as many as I like on-line)...yarns provide a lot of product to embellish pages with, sequins are cheap...old buttons...laces...
    I also buy the Michaels papers when they're like 3/$1 or some such...and using a 50% coupon on the books of papers can be a really good deal, too!

Like I said....as inexpensive or expensive as you like! It's YOUR book....do it your way! Give a page or two a try...it's so relaxing and creative!!

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

I have a lot of stuff and a big Scrapbooking case and I figure that the album that I gave to my mum a few years ago cost me $750 (I was full time employed at the time.) But it's still all there waiting for me. I do love it when I get around to it!
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Trading Score
    117 (100%)

I love scrapbooking but have grown short on time and space in the last few years. I have pics from 2008 that still need to be scrapbooked and poor dd's book has only 1 page done...tons of pics waiting in the wings though!

I was fortunate though to coordinate 3 tribute books for people leaving my workplace. It was so much fun and helped me keep my skills sharp. I also make cards and it's much faster to do than a page so I'm doing that more often when i have some time.

I have so much material I've banned myself from the scrapbooking aisle at Michaels until it's all used up. LOL!!!! It's working so far!

Hope this thread gets filled with ideas and tips, shared pics et al. Thanks OP for starting it!
    Imy "Other Money". Join the fun:
    *Swagbucks!!- http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Savvy5

Trading Score
    91 (100%)

I've always liked making cards with excess scrapbooking material. Can anyone recommend some sites for inspiration?

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I work for Michaels ( Woodbine & Hwy 7) in Markham, Ont.

If you're looking to get going or hit a wall there is a class that's only $25 for 4 classes ( 2 hours each), 1 class per week. It's fantastic value and you really learn how to organize yourself, put colours together, embellish and actually get results with your scrapbooking. You also get a discount on all items purchased for the class.

I have 2 classes per month. Let me know if you are interested.
    Roberta

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by smileyKT View Post
    I've always liked making cards with excess scrapbooking material. Can anyone recommend some sites for inspiration?
    www.splitcoaststampers.com

Visit the "Gallery", then 'cards'.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information