User Tag List

Page 10 of 112 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 60 110 ... LastLast
Like Tree2397Likes

Thread: The Cat Club

Banned
    Trading Score
    93 (100%)

haha thanks for posting that pic missapril!

My cat's ears are warm, and her nose isn't cold, does that mean she is sick? She loves sitting on pizza boxes on the floor and she was sitting on them for most of the day today, I think she may be sick.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hi, I have two kitties, Amy (Medium hair, black & white) and Daisy (Calico) both from the Humane Society when kittens. I love them both of course. Just reading over some quotes. I'm just wondering why alot of you seem to give your cats baths when they hate it. Cats keep themselves so clean they don't need to have a bath except maybe under extenuating circumstances. I've had mine 7 years and never given them a bath and I'm amazed how clean they are! Not trying to sound like a know it all but its actually not good for their skin to bathe them very much. That said this is a pretty neat site I just noticed it. Everyone's kitties look so sweet!
    <input id="gwP" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsP" type="hidden">

Banned
    Trading Score
    93 (100%)

That's true, cats can't stand being dirty, mine are licking themselves all the time. But then, mine hate getting bathed, so I don't even try lol.

Banned
    Trading Score
    93 (100%)

Here are some pics of my one cat...

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by ecat444 View Post
    I'm just wondering why alot of you seem to give your cats baths when they hate it. Cats keep themselves so clean they don't need to have a bath except maybe under extenuating circumstances.
    <!--Session data-->
    I'm one of those people who likes to be prepared for anything. I started giving Quincy a bath, because he followed my dog & I into the bathroom when Lily got a bath (I go by whether I can see the white fur on her toes - if it's not white, she gets a bath, roughly 4 times a yr). I swear he was sitting in the corner laughing at the dog, so I put him in the tub & gave him a bath to see how he liked it. He gets a bath when the dog gets a bath, just so he can get used to it. You just never know when a bath becomes a necessity, so if he's used to it, it won't freak him out as much.

We also practice taking pretend pills (basically I make him open his mouth & give him little pieces of cheese, as if they were pills). I do it with both Lily dog & Quincy cat. Both are smart enough to suck the cheese\liver\sausage\peanut butter off the pill & spit it out. By getting used to me putting "pills" in their mouths, it makes life so much easier when having to struggle to give pills (the vet loves me).

I also check teeth, ears, & eyes first thing each morning - just to make sure everything looks ok. I also run my fingers along the spine, then along each shoulder, down each leg, then around each hip & down each leg. If I come across a tiny bump, I make note of it & check it throughout the day to see whether it gets bigger or smaller (they take after me in getting a small bump in the skin when they get a shot). & yes, I'm a bit obsessive.

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

Trading Score
    10 (100%)

Sorry I could not help but laugh because my cat LOVES baths! I never intended to even try but when he was a kitten I was washing my hands and he jumped on the counter and right in the sink! lol he will actually jump in the bath water if we don't close the door while running bath water. I also am amazed by the dirt that comes off of him too-he doesn't look very dirty but the water that comes off of him is black! But he does like to roll in anything. Maybe because he knows he can jump in water when he wants to. lol The silly cat. He also has a thing where he sucks on a particular blanket sometimes.
    Please take a moment to visit my blog! www.heatherv11.wordpress.com

Banned
    Trading Score
    93 (100%)

cat eating with fork
    http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/23006/

if you haven't seen this, you really should, it's really funny and cute.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I really like cat and have two kitties in my home, I liked here your pics and want to say thanks for sharing.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I really like cat and have two kitties in my home, I liked here your pics and want to say thanks for sharing.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

I think my Taffy is pregnant

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    I think my Taffy is pregnant
    Did you not have the important talk with her about that tom cats want only one thing & won`t stick around?

On a serious note, is she acting funny? Either more clingy than usual or really stand-offish? Is she eating like a fiend or more fussy about her food? Sorry, don`t know too much about pregnant cats, only had 1 experience with my friend`s cat, who was a stray (she got 5 cats for the price of 1).

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Andit View Post
    Did you not have the important talk with her about that tom cats want only one thing & won`t stick around?

Yeah, well.... don't freak out I don't need the spaying/neutering lecture...
    The dad would be the kitten I got for Mother's Day; he's seven months old and she is 4 1/2 years old. (!) They aren't exactly affectionate with each other, and of course I knew she was in heat, but they were always fighting. Ok, LOL, fighting can lead to ......

On a serious note, is she acting funny? Either more clingy than usual or really stand-offish? Is she eating like a fiend or more fussy about her food? Sorry, don`t know too much about pregnant cats, only had 1 experience with my friend`s cat, who was a stray (she got 5 cats for the price of 1).
    She's a Ragdoll mix, so her behaviour is odd at the best of times. She's closest to my son, and lately she won't leave him alone, always wants to be snuggling with him on his lap. However, with food - all of a sudden she's eating odd things which she never did before, like bits of potato and mushrooms. She's quite a lean cat, and how we wondered about this, is that you don't feel ribs any more when you hold her. TMI - also I noticed her nips which are all 'out there'. So this morning, I think I felt a kitten bump...
    We've had a cat get pregnant before, but she was a big cat, and honestly, one day it just seemed there was this belly hanging down and you could feel the kittens....
    So I think we are in for a bit of an adventure, here...

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    Yeah, well.... don't freak out I don't need the spaying/neutering lecture...
    The dad would be the kitten I got for Mother's Day; he's seven months old and she is 4 1/2 years old. (!) They aren't exactly affectionate with each other, and of course I knew she was in heat, but they were always fighting. Ok, LOL, fighting can lead to ......

So I think we are in for a bit of an adventure, here...
    No lectures from me, I was just teasing.

I actually wish I`d waited longer to have my dog spayed (had no choice cause she was a shelter pup).

If you`ve been through it before, then you know the fun you`re in for. Keep us updated.

Trading Score
    18 (100%)

Natalka - seems like your cat is a cradle robber hehe likes the young ones

Trading Score
    169 (100%)

Natalka......congrats! I am sure the babies will be adorable....If I lived closer I would take one in a heartbeat...( I had to put mine done this past June after 18 years of having him)

Page 10 of 112 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 60 110 ... LastLast

Thread Information