User Tag List

Page 12 of 450 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 62 112 ... LastLast
Like Tree3358Likes

Thread: The Official and ONLY Place to Discuss Negative Trade Experiences + Trade Blacklist

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Sunraven View Post
    Yeah, lesson learned.
    How do others know which trains to avoid then?

I haven't tried to be on a train in months mostly because the whole train experience was terrible when I did join the occasional one.

When the trains reached me there was really nothing I could use, lots of garbage coupons NOBODY would use!! I took out the garbage ones, added a bunch of good ones and paid at least $2.00 in postage. I might have take $1.00-2.00 out of the train for myself. How is it worth the time and effort?

I love the whole train idea, especially the wishlist ones, but I have avoided joining another one because it just seems like a waste of time and money for me.

From what I'm reading here, a lot of trains are derailed or a lot of riders on wishlist trains aren't fulfilling their end of the bargain.

Also, it sounds like some riders shouldn't be on trains but their trade ratings for trains aren't always looked at by conducters.

What should someone like me do??!! Continue to avoid trains? Or avoid trains with certain riders? If so, how do I know which riders to avoid????
    Last edited by leopakes; Tue, Nov 10th, 2009 at 09:57 AM.
    Always interested in trading!

Couponing Princess!
    Trading Score
    284 (100%)

[quote=leopakes;1459542]How do others know which trains to avoid then?
    quote]

I really don't know to deal, that's why I am asking for advice here.

In my situation she said she mailed it, it never showed up.

What proof do I have that she didn't mail it and something happened along the way?

Trading Score
    187 (98%)

Quote Originally Posted by leopakes View Post

I haven't tried to be on a train in months mostly because the whole train experience was terrible when I did join the occasional one.

When the trains reached me there was really nothing I could use, lots of garbage coupons NOBODY would use!! I took out the garbage ones, added a bunch of good ones and paid at least $2.00 in postage. I might have take $1.00-2.00 out of the train for myself. How is it worth the time and effort?

I love the whole train idea, especially the wishlist ones, but I have avoided joining another one because it just seems like a waste of time and money for me.

From what I'm reading here, a lot of trains are derailed or a lot of riders on wishlist trains aren't fulfilling their end of the bargain.

Also, it sounds like some riders shouldn't be on trains but their trade ratings for trains aren't always looked at by conducters.

What should someone like me do??!! Continue to avoid trains? Or avoid trains with certain riders? If so, how do I know which riders to avoid????

TOTALLY feel your pain!!! I hadn't been on a train since early summer and just started again. The last train I rode I think was one of rhiannon's and she had a boarding pass. It was the last really great train I was on. So for the most part now, I am only doing trains that ask for a boarding pass and specify some good coupons that are a guaranteed for each member as part of the boarding pass. I don't care if it is coupons or stamps, just something to verify I am going to benefit from riding the train. There is nothing worse than trying to find $2 worth of coupons out of atleast $100 worth just so you get your money's worth when mailing onto the next rider!

I also really LOVE food trains. I pretty much have my own stash of cleaning coupons and other stuff like that, it is food that is hard to keep up with!

http://swagbucks.com/?cmd=sb-register&rb=150767
    *** PLEASE click my referral link ***

Trading Score
    59 (100%)

Good to visit this thread. I just killed my long time wish to ride a train. I guess too many people involved and too many uncertainities.

in the Ghetto of Richmond...apparently :rolleyes:
    Trading Score
    111 (100%)

This is my problem, kind of. I started 3 trains about a month ago, one is finished and was a success, no complaints and people put out their wishlists, the 2nd and 3rd ones were just a variety of coupons and the rules were pretty simple ie don't overload the train with the same coupons, I mentioned the expiries were mostly dec/09 but a few were mid november (I meant under 5). I got a pm from a passenger that there were quite a few crummy coupons and that there were 2 coupons that expired Oct 6th ( that's 8 days before I sent out the train) and some coupons that expired Oct 31st......I think I know who put these in but I can't be certain, I am very disappointed. I took on riders that all had good ratings and one person ruined it for everyone. Lesson learnt next train will have baggies with wishlists and it will be recorded the exact dollar amount that is in each baggy so no one can get away with this. I also have to say trains need to be updated for a reason, if you can't follow the rules, then please don't participate in a train.
    Last edited by jaba; Thu, Nov 12th, 2009 at 02:32 PM.
    :pottytrain2: :pottytrain2: :pottytrain2:

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jaba View Post
    This is my problem, kind of. I started 3 trains about a month ago, one is finished and was a success, no complaints and people put out their wishlists, the 2nd and 3rd ones were just a variety of coupons and the rules were pretty simple ie don't overload the train with the same coupons, I mentioned the expiries were mostly dec/09 but a few were mid november (I meant under 5). I got a pm from a passenger that there were quite a few crummy coupons and that there were 2 coupons that expired Oct 6th ( that's 8 days before I sent out the train) and some coupons that expired Oct 31st......I think I know who put these in but I can't be certain, I am very disappointed. I took on riders that all had good ratings and one person ruined it for everyone. Lesson learnt next train will have baggies with wishlists and it will be recorded the exact dollar amount that is in each baggy so no one can get away with this. I also have to say trains need to be updated for a reason, if you can't follow the rules, then please don't participate in a train.
    I would LOVE to be on a train where everyone tries AND participates equally. I agree, one bad apple spoils it for all.
    Always interested in trading!

Trading Score
    569 (100%)

I would LOVE to be on a train where everyone tries AND participates equally. I agree, one bad apple spoils it for all.
    This is why I stopped riding trains.Garbage coupons!!We all have extra great coupons that we could throw in to help others.Please riders think twice when adding coupons.
    Want free Christmas shopping???
    get giftcards to Amazon!!

Trading Score
    111 (100%)

well I'm giving my first negative trade rating, made a trade with rajanarch on Oct 21st, she said she'd mail it out "asap", well a week later she tells me that she recevied my end but hasn't sent out her end because she was sick (so was I, my DD and DH, but I still managed to mail out my end). I told her that's fine because it was her first trade but next time let me know earlier as a courtesy and some people would consider this a bad trade. In that second pm she said she'd "mail it out asap" again.....well I never got anything. I pm'd her yesterday morning, asking when it was sent and telling her (for the second time) I hadn't received a trade rating from her. I checked her profile and lo and behold she was online last night. This is really annoying since i sent her extras, as it was her first trade....I'm forwarding this to boo

Trading Score
    111 (100%)

*update to above*
    got a pm from rajanarch not too long after I gave her a neg trade rating (hmmm). She says she was in hospital all of last week, sorry but I don't believe it's true, and I think it's disgusting to lie like that ( i actually do have to go to the hospital twice a week for tests because of my pregnancy). The reason I don't think she is being truthful is because before I gave her the neg trade rating, I made sure that she was in fact ignoring my pm's and not just not online (ie sick) I understand the computer can log a person in and out but she was actually browsing (lockerz thread, among others).
    The coupons that she said she would send out asap the 2nd time (apparently when she was in the hospital) she now says were sent out yesterday (will have to see about that).....I may be blonde but I'm not stupid, can't fool me.
    Last edited by jaba; Sat, Nov 14th, 2009 at 01:59 PM.

coupon-holic
    Trading Score
    304 (100%)

I have suspicions about a newbie...one who keeps PMing me and yet doesn't really know what she's taking about. She has about 8 or 9 ratings as of today. Eitherway, she first PMed me about some coupons that she wanted then said she will get me stamps for it. I asked for 6 stamps and she says OK. 2 days passed, she PMs me again to say "is 5 stamps OK?". I tell her I want 6 stamps and wasn't it agreed on 2 days ago? She keeps PMing me (like 5 times) with the same message "5 stamps OK?" "I can only do 5 stamps" "5 stamps, that's it." After like 6 of these random messages in a day, I PM her back and say "We agreed on 6 stamps 2 days ago. Please send me your side first" Then she goes "OK. I will send you 6 stamps. I need to get them from the post office."

A week passes and I PM her back, she doesn't reply me PMs. Fortunately I told her I will not send her side until I receive the stamps. 2 weeks passed, I PM her again. She says she sent the stamps but if I don't get them, I should just forget about the trade?!???

I tell her if I get the stamps, I'll send her her coupons, then she goes "yeah, sure whatever."

Now it's been almost a month since we first agreed on the trade, no stamps in the mail and she's been rude and tells me to forget about the whole thing. The truth is, I don't think she sent her side of the trade, yet she told me to hold on to her coupons for over 3 weeks now.

What can I do about such a member? Also, she was Pming me about the monopoly stamps beforehand and she wanted them for FREE from me. I refused and she kept on PMing me for like a week about the same thing. @_@

*update*
    she PMs me immediately after reading this post and says why she should get blamed when the stamps never arrived. I never blamed her for anything. I simply said I have suspicions about her behavior and I haven't even posted her name here. The fact is, we agreed on a trade, 2 days later she wants to change the amount of stamps she has to send me. Usually when a trade is decided, people would send their side of the trade within a couple days, not wait 2 days later then ask if they can send less. If they don't want to send 6 stamps, they should have refused the trade or removed some of the coupons that they wanted. Then, after agreeing once again to the 6 stamps, I would think they would send their side immediately. But no, they do not send until a couple days later. And three weeks later I message her and she tells me to forget about it if I don't get the stamps? Now tell me, wouldn't you think something is wrong if someone did this to you?

Up to now, this is the FIRST time I've had a trade missing. I've done 353 trades and I've had quite the luck with Canada Post but I've never missed an envie sent to me. Sure, I can blame CP for missing mail but...with the attitude and the behavior added, I'd rather give the benefit of the doubt to CP.
    Last edited by kaimui22; Sun, Nov 15th, 2009 at 05:44 PM.

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

Need help with this one. I am not sure how to rate a couple of trades I recently did. The traders left out some coupons that were supposed to be sent to me. The coupons were indicated on the trade and confirmed.

Would this warrant a negative rating?

I contacted the traders to let them know coupons were missing - one answered with " I didn't realize they were on the list" and the other trader has not responded. I have hesitated to give them a rating as I am an unclear if this is what everyone would consider a "negative" trade.

Any input is appreciated. Thank you.

Trading Score
    111 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynfan View Post
    Need help with this one. I am not sure how to rate a couple of trades I recently did. The traders left out some coupons that were supposed to be sent to me. The coupons were indicated on the trade and confirmed.

Would this warrant a negative rating?

I contacted the traders to let them know coupons were missing - one answered with " I didn't realize they were on the list" and the other trader has not responded. I have hesitated to give them a rating as I am an unclear if this is what everyone would consider a "negative" trade.

Any input is appreciated. Thank you.
    For the person who hasn't responded to your pm yet, make sure they are signing in and browsing, if the person just hasn't been online then I'd wait to give a negative trade rating. For the person who has responded, I'd go into your pm's and find the origional message, show it to the person and hopefully it's just a mistake and the person will send you those missing coupons. If you can't find the pm that says the coupons that were agreed upon, and the person doesn't want to send you out the missing ones I'd probably just give a neutral rating, or possibly none at all (I'm not too sure). Unfortunately things can't be assumed in trades (or trains) anymore and everything has to be so clearly stated so people can't find a way to cheat you, sorry you've had 2 less than positive trades, it's seems to be happening a lot more this year than last year

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    152 (100%)

okay, i have a question for everyone, and this happened to me last month and it's over with now but this is what happened, and i would like to know how to respond to this problem should i ever encounter it again:

1) I joined a virtual wishlist train with a very good trader who organised it..there was a 2 or 3 stamp boarding pass for the conductor to mail out our coupons after everyone on the train mailed them to her first...here is my problem:

there were say 10 riders...we all had to post in the thread a wishlist of coupons and what we could NOT use, ie: NO French, no SAve.ca, no Cash for kids...if we did not have a coupon from the person's wishlist, we had to add a stamp, as each rider had to fulfill 3 of the wishlist coupons from each riders list...

I personally spent over an hour going through my coupons and their wishlists to add at least 3 and more to the riders and then clipping them together with a paperclip with their names and who it was from...i thought of how I would want to receive a nice bundle of wishies..so I sent mine to the SC organiser or the train, via ExpressPOst because it was supposed to be mailed out by a certain date, and I wasn't able to get to the post office til the next day so I spent 13.00 on an ExpressPost mailing to make sure I still got mine there on time.
    When I received MY wishlist envie, I was so mad, I was actually fuming..I received French coupons, I received cash for kids, I received EXPIRED coupons, and even coupons that were only good at Atlantic Canada grocery stores...anyways, I PM"d the conductor, and I told her that I received these coupons that more than 60% of my wishies I could not use...even coupons I never even had on my wishlist...she said she was sorry, and that was it. I do not blame her AT ALL, and she was the only one I left a positive trade rating for....
    I would have liked to give some riders the benefit of the doubt and give them a positive rating, but with all the coupons coming to me in an envie and not seperated by who sent them to me, how can I leave some negative and some postive without PM'ing each rider and explaining....???
    So I told the conductor I was not leaving any trade ratings for anyone on that train...WHAT WOULD I DO IN THE FUTURE? WHAT WOULD YOU DO?

Banned
    Trading Score
    93 (100%)

litesandsirens, I don't know why conductors don't specify this, but on wishlist trains people should always indicate the coupons that are from them in the package, that way you can rate everyone accordingly.

I think wishlist trains are notorious of having bad coupons though, people do not follow the rules and are not as generous as I think they should be. If you dont have the coupons that people have specified you probably shouldn't be joining the train, I know stamps are good to get too, but I personally join trains like this to get stuff on my wishlist, isn't that the point? my two and only experiences with wishlist trains were not positive ones, I did get some good coupons but overall I think people just fill it with whatever, it's a shame really, and I have heard that often times the conductor had to "pad" the envelopes because people do not follow the rules, and similarly will not let certain people ride their trains in the future.
    Last edited by Justine; Mon, Nov 16th, 2009 at 12:05 AM.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    152 (100%)

thanks , I agree...I haven't joined a train since until yesterday when I joined 4 or 5 more trains, some virtual, some not...i think i will see what happens with these train experiences, and hopefully they will be better...I know what you mean about padding riders envies, because i have read that on other peoples threads...it is really a shame as you say when you hope to gain new coupons from your own wishlist and then you get burned..
    What would you have done though in my case? Because the conductor never sent the coupons like you said, where they are clipped so you know who they came from?
    I had no idea who sent what, so how could i give anyone feedback?

Page 12 of 450 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 62 112 ... LastLast

Thread Information