User Tag List

Page 13 of 450 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 63 113 ... LastLast
Like Tree3358Likes

Thread: The Official and ONLY Place to Discuss Negative Trade Experiences + Trade Blacklist

Banned
    Trading Score
    93 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Litesandsirens911 View Post
    thanks , I agree...I haven't joined a train since until yesterday when I joined 4 or 5 more trains, some virtual, some not...i think i will see what happens with these train experiences, and hopefully they will be better...I know what you mean about padding riders envies, because i have read that on other peoples threads...it is really a shame as you say when you hope to gain new coupons from your own wishlist and then you get burned..
    What would you have done though in my case? Because the conductor never sent the coupons like you said, where they are clipped so you know who they came from?
    I had no idea who sent what, so how could i give anyone feedback?
    You have no way of telling who sent you what, maybe ask the conductor. The first train I sent our I actually stated in the thread, remember guys to write your names on your coupons and specify who they are for, so that we can rate you. I guess no one will get any ratings on that train in your case.

Trading Score
    569 (100%)

I have on 2 occasion forgot to include some coupons.It was a mistake and when the traders contacted me and told me I sent them (or a replacement)along with extras to say I was sorry.Mistakes do happen,I am not perfect but you do deserve to get what you both agreed on.If the trader makes no effort to correct there mistakes they deserve a negative trade rating.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynfan View Post
    Need help with this one. I am not sure how to rate a couple of trades I recently did. The traders left out some coupons that were supposed to be sent to me. The coupons were indicated on the trade and confirmed.

Would this warrant a negative rating?

I contacted the traders to let them know coupons were missing - one answered with " I didn't realize they were on the list" and the other trader has not responded. I have hesitated to give them a rating as I am an unclear if this is what everyone would consider a "negative" trade.

Any input is appreciated. Thank you.
    Want free Christmas shopping???
    get giftcards to Amazon!!

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

Thanks for the input Jaba and ccmp1974.
    I will wait to see if the other trader responds to me about the missing coupons before I give them a rating.
    The other trader was shown the original e-mail and just responded that they didn't realize they were on the list. There were other coupons for this trade that were stated (on their trade list) they were for a certain product, but when I received the coupons it was only a specific brand from this manufacturer - not the brand I wanted -this was disappointing as the trader did not even address this one in my PM.

Trading Score
    252 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Litesandsirens911 View Post
    okay, i have a question for everyone, and this happened to me last month and it's over with now but this is what happened, and i would like to know how to respond to this problem should i ever encounter it again:

1) I joined a virtual wishlist train with a very good trader who organised it..there was a 2 or 3 stamp boarding pass for the conductor to mail out our coupons after everyone on the train mailed them to her first...here is my problem:

there were say 10 riders...we all had to post in the thread a wishlist of coupons and what we could NOT use, ie: NO French, no SAve.ca, no Cash for kids...if we did not have a coupon from the person's wishlist, we had to add a stamp, as each rider had to fulfill 3 of the wishlist coupons from each riders list...

I personally spent over an hour going through my coupons and their wishlists to add at least 3 and more to the riders and then clipping them together with a paperclip with their names and who it was from...i thought of how I would want to receive a nice bundle of wishies..so I sent mine to the SC organiser or the train, via ExpressPOst because it was supposed to be mailed out by a certain date, and I wasn't able to get to the post office til the next day so I spent 13.00 on an ExpressPost mailing to make sure I still got mine there on time.
    When I received MY wishlist envie, I was so mad, I was actually fuming..I received French coupons, I received cash for kids, I received EXPIRED coupons, and even coupons that were only good at Atlantic Canada grocery stores...anyways, I PM"d the conductor, and I told her that I received these coupons that more than 60% of my wishies I could not use...even coupons I never even had on my wishlist...she said she was sorry, and that was it. I do not blame her AT ALL, and she was the only one I left a positive trade rating for....
    I would have liked to give some riders the benefit of the doubt and give them a positive rating, but with all the coupons coming to me in an envie and not seperated by who sent them to me, how can I leave some negative and some postive without PM'ing each rider and explaining....???
    So I told the conductor I was not leaving any trade ratings for anyone on that train...WHAT WOULD I DO IN THE FUTURE? WHAT WOULD YOU DO?

I wish we could all be more open about issues without having a fear that the conductor would get upset. I do my best to do good trains, and have had similar problems on other wishlist trains.. ESPECIALLY recently!

getting the trains back months after and then all the coupons being ones I don't need anymore.. and some expired because of one person holding up a train.. but I just post very generalized feedback when this happens. instead of saying AWESOME or AMAZING.. coupons I just say thanks for hosting the train, or thanks for the coupons.. when I seee people with feedback very generlized like this I know they do give coupons but they dont go above and beyond what they could.. that's a good way to know I think without having to leave bad feedback!

I expect if there are ever any problems on my trains to get a personal PM I have had one expereince where I sent someone coupons on a wishlist train someone else did. ofcourse I cant' remember or recall why i forgot the coupons I did, but I added not alot to this one persons pile, she emailed me to ask me about it. I didn't have a problem at all with sending her out some replacements she ofcousre said don't worry about it she believed me. but because I am an honest person I sent them out anyways!
    I really need 8 Dempsters PINS will need until FEB 15 and will trade for G.C $5 your choice where

Trading Score
    726 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by crazycoupongirl View Post

getting the trains back months after and then all the coupons being ones I don't need anymore.. and some expired because of one person holding up a train.. but I just post very generalized feedback when this happens. instead of saying AWESOME or AMAZING.. coupons I just say thanks for hosting the train, or thanks for the coupons.. when I seee people with feedback very generlized like this I know they do give coupons but they dont go above and beyond what they could.. that's a good way to know I think without having to leave bad feedback!

I agree with most of what you said, but I tend not to agree with this comment. Only because I know some people ALWAYS write generic feedback. On more that one occasion I have received generic comments like "thanks for the envie on...." even though I put $40 to $50 of coupons for the person (when I only had to put $30). And I went out of my way to trade for coupons that they said they were "most wanted" to them. I always try to get the envie as great as possible, but I dont get offended if they put generic feedback either, it's still positive feedback. IMHO.

Banned
    Trading Score
    93 (100%)

I had no idea that given generic feedback was a sign that the trade wasn't great, why not just give a negative review if you aren't happy? I think people just want to get the rating over with and do not put much thought into it, at least that's the impression I had.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    269 (100%)

Well it is my first time of not receiving a trade which in fact is the first time I ever traded for receiving a gift card. I won't ever trade for or with gift cards again. This person had 14 positive ratings and now won't return my pms and isn't even on the site. So she seems to have totally disappeared. I would love to give her the benefit of the doubt but having a real hard time doing that right now.

Cute Baby! 32.Camden/Zoë jenlively49's Avatar
    Trading Score
    45 (100%)

K guys, You all need to be aware of Mo***##, I was very leary of this trade from the beginning, and after conversing numerous times, we decided on a trade, I advised based on trade rating, I would be waiting for my side 1st, response was please please, I beg you I promise, anyhow I wasn't convinced, and advised no, I need your half 1st. Was told okay, anyhow after reading this and seeing the comments about said person, I pm them and am told they send my STAMPS** today, but Post Office told them in would be the end of NEXT week or the week AFTER that! Come on, anyhow I then asked what location they mailed it from, wouldn't tell me. Then as I was thinking what to post her, I realized I didn't trade them for stamps....lol.....They trade coupons for stamps from me....lol....I think a mod should be able to add this person to the list, and I promise they will get a negative rating, if my coupons aren't recieved by end of NEXT week.

UPDATE Just to let everyone know MO***## is keeping a pretty close eye on this list, already read my post This person has also delete my comment on their visitor profile.
    Last edited by jenlively49; Tue, Nov 17th, 2009 at 10:13 PM.

Just Jez
    Trading Score
    586 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck71 View Post
    Well it is my first time of not receiving a trade which in fact is the first time I ever traded for receiving a gift card. I won't ever trade for or with gift cards again. This person had 14 positive ratings and now won't return my pms and isn't even on the site. So she seems to have totally disappeared. I would love to give her the benefit of the doubt but having a real hard time doing that right now.
    sorry things didn't work out for you but I know exactly what you mean as I had a bad trade with SDM points and will never trade those again either

coupon-holic
    Trading Score
    304 (100%)

jenlively49 :

did you read my posts on the previous pages in this thread? same person we are talking about...and if you go back to page 5 of this thread, you will find more info about this person. and yes, she does keep an eye on this page and will prob. message you right away after reading it. i'm still waiting for my..umm...14 stamps from her. ha ha...if you want more info, PM me

Trading Score
    11 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by View Post
    I had no idea that given generic feedback was a sign that the trade wasn't great...
    I hope this isn't the case; a lot of folks are busy, and when they do submit your feedback, it's automatically 'generic' - I would think it logical that this is what the 'neutral' rating is for, yes? A trade that went through... but maybe not with flying colours? (ie "okay trade, but took a long time")

It also seems to me that while being a newbie has it's drawbacks, from the sounds of it, folks are being let-down (or downright 'scammed') by experienced people just as much. I don't mind being asked to send mine first (though thankfully most people don't)... I do wish, however, that if a more experienced person is going to wait to get mine before sending theirs - that they mention it during the trade-talks, for courtesy's sake. Good communication is part of a good trade, after all.

This is a great thread, and we should be open about folks who aren't holding-up their end of agreed trades... both as a deterrent for them, & warning for others. Life happens, but it rarely happens to the point where you can't use good sense & just throw that train right back in the mail, and/or send an (honest!) explanation. With all of the excellent personalities on SC, I highly doubt a conductor/trader would hold that against someone.
    Last edited by Rokkett; Wed, Nov 18th, 2009 at 11:44 AM.
    The impossible often has a kind of integrity which the merely improbable lacks
    ~Douglas Adams

My Trades List

Trading Score
    153 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Rokkett View Post
    I do wish, however, that if a more experienced person is going to wait to get mine before sending theirs - that they mention it during the trade-talks, for courtesy's sake. Good communication is part of a good trade, after all.
    I so agree with you Rokkett, recently one trader omitted to tell me that she was waiting for my end to come in first

We were not trading for gc's, just plain jane coupons, nothing exciting. I was a bit confused as to why she was waiting for my part first. Unless we are tradiang 10$+ fpc's, I never ask anyone, newbies or oldies, to send out first. I am never trading with that person again.

Sadly, courtesy is not everyone's cup of tea. The just give a simple no thread is a good example.
    My Queen passed out from pure bliss thanks to her secret Santa. Bless you kind angel

Cute Baby! 32.Camden/Zoë jenlively49's Avatar
    Trading Score
    45 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by kaimui22 View Post
    jenlively49 :

did you read my posts on the previous pages in this thread? same person we are talking about...and if you go back to page 5 of this thread, you will find more info about this person. and yes, she does keep an eye on this page and will prob. message you right away after reading it. i'm still waiting for my..umm...14 stamps from her. ha ha...if you want more info, PM me

You NEED to leave negative feedback, I giving them 2 weeks and then giving it if not received.

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

One of my tradee issues has been resolved - in a positive way - I had a feeling this tradee was super nice and this was only a mistake.

Lounging in the veggie garden!

Trading Score
    569 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynfan View Post
    One of my tradee issues has been resolved - in a positive way - I had a feeling this tradee was super nice and this was only a mistake.
    I am guilty for feeling the same way on some trades.99% of the time it works out great if not better in the end.
    Want free Christmas shopping???
    get giftcards to Amazon!!

Page 13 of 450 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 63 113 ... LastLast

Thread Information