User Tag List

Page 250 of 450 FirstFirst ... 150 200 240 248 249 250 251 252 260 300 350 ... LastLast
Results 3,736 to 3,750 of 6738
Like Tree3358Likes

Thread: The Official and ONLY Place to Discuss Negative Trade Experiences + Trade Blacklist

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    209 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by tinkb View Post
    Sally, I just PM'd you about a possible trade problem.

Also, thanks to everyone who posted here about the tip to write down the card number to check the balance to see if a GC has been used. I would have (and never have) thought to do that before.
    What a great idea! Don't know why I have never done that but I will start now. Great tip!
    If you are interested in Houseseats here is my referal link:
    http://www.houseseats.ca/[email protected]

Trading Score
    167 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by DianneS View Post
    My point exactly. Really, we all know what we want for our auction item. Why not just state it up front? I have a J&J replacement coupon that I would like to trade. I would probably like to trade it for Aveeno coupons. A minimum of five would be a fair trade in my opinion, and any extra beyond that would be gravy. So if I decide to auction it, then to me the reasonable thing to do would be to say: minimum bid 5 x $3 J&J Call-in Aveenos. If it's worth more to someone then I might do better, if it's not then they get a baby gift basket and I get what I want. We are talking about coupons, after all, not antique furniture or collectible art!
    True, there are usually minimum starting bids as ive had people offer me $7 in insert coupons for a $10 GC. So, if I had an auction for $10, I would request a minimum of a $50 bid, which could be a bunch of low value coupons I really want, or up to $25 in FPCs.

But its hard to tell what coupons are out there, this person could be looking for a minimum of 50 points, which could be an array of things (as stated, lots of HV/FPC coupons) There could be a minimum bid, of lets say 50 points, but in her mind she has a reserve bid as to what she wants. So, I could offer her 50x$1 hunts which are 1 point, which she accepts to be courteous to honor the rules she placed in her auction. But, someone else could offer her 5xJ&J replacement coupons she values at 10 points, you now have 50 hunts coupons and 5 J&J replacement coupons at par with each other.

I think using a $ amount works better then points, because with my 50 hunts coupons, that would be $50 in coupons. With the J&J coupons, they have a max value of what now, $10-$15 since they changed it? Lets just say $10 for example. Now, what was at par at 50 points and 50 points, are now worlds apart. If a $ amount was used, the J&J would be a bid of anywhere between $100-$150 depending on if the consider's FPCs to be double or triple face value for GC's.

I don't know if that makes sense or is helpful, I just think points work better on trains when you're sending a minimum of 1-5 coupons to a person to easily determinate their most needed/their HV coupons off their wishlist.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by DianneS View Post
    how many bids would be accepted if the bidders did the same thing and said they reserved the right to withdraw their bid at any time? .
    I have had a bidder withdraw their offer, they found someone who wanted the coupons for something they really wanted
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    86 (100%)

I honestly don't see what all the huffing and puffing is all about. They extended their auction. It's not that big of a deal. Maybe they got a few offers just under your winning bid and they want to give others a chance to counter if they want and they won't be around all weekend? I'm sure it wasn't anything snister. At the end of the day, the person holding the auction wants the best outcome and the person with the coupons wants the most for their coupons. If at a point in the trade you are no longer comfortable trading with a person, walk away. It's really simple.
    You just proved Signature Advertising works!

Earn FREE money just by searching! Ask me how to get a $5GC using my referral.
    Get $10 off $40 for new customers at well.ca using the code springhascome

Trading Score
    368 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by PinkLincoln View Post
    Um, in all fairness, that 1.5 hours could have been her at work, or picking up her kids from school/daycare/life things and did not have the time to be on SC at before or at the exact moment her auction ended. And as I mentioned the 50pts could be 50x$1 low value coupons, and could only be worth a $5 GC in trade, so it would make sense to extend the auction until she reached a minimum she was satisfied with to correlate with the value of the gift card she was auctioning. A minimum bid of 50 points could be 5x10 point items that are extremely high value/rare that would be the equivalent if traded for a $15 GC. I really don't think it's something to be upset about. I normally hold auctions because I have people offering me $10 in FPCs for a $10 GC on my trade list, so when I need a re-stock, or have a gift card I'm not going to use, I hold an auction. Sometimes someone offers me just a straight trade for the GC I have and I close the auction immediately because I got what I wanted. Sometimes if someone places a bid that is slightly lower then trade rates, but they are coupons I really want or need, I will close the auction immediately.

In regards to not updating you about the bids, I can count on both hands users who don't do this only because they don't have the time to PM each person, and they will just update in the thread. There are also people who place bids, then aren't online for 2 days. So, PMing this person 5-6 times over the course of 2 days while they might not even be reading their PMs might be a waste of time to some..
    Sorry PL.......she accepted my offer!!!! If she wasn't happy with the bid she shouldn't have accepted it in the first place!!!

You don't need to PM each person with the highest bid, you simply need to update the thread so bidders can see what's going on!!!

I'm A Couponista addict kellyschool1's Avatar
    Trading Score
    84 (100%)

I am getting really annoyed that some people do not reply to msgs . They do not give a rating nor reply to numerous msgs regarding it. I am sick of waiting for trades and a response to where it is? I am a quick fast fair trader and expect the same. Everything from train to trades should all be completed. Dragging people a long will only Peee ppl off!!!!

Trading Score
    234 (100%)

i'm not sure what to do about this:
    Timelines:
    Oct 5th - finalized trade - sent my address in pm
    Oct 13th - received the tradee's address after i pmed to remind her.
    Oct 27th - pm'd her to let her know that i haven't received her envie
    Oct 27th - she replied to my pm letting me know that the coupons she was supposed to send me had expired so she mailed my coupons (which i sent her) back to me along with some stamps.
    Nov 7th - I received an envie from her with just stamps - my coupons were not returned back. So I pm'd her letting her know that she never sent my coupons back.
    She has been on nearly every day since I left her the pm but has not had the decency to reply back to me. Also, she received my end of the trade, but did not leave any rating for me.
    I hate leaving negative fb for anyone - but it seems like she was just playing games - if she was genuine, she could have at least left fb for me and had the decency of pm'ing me first to let me know that the coupons had expired - not waiting for me to keep running after her.
    Last edited by angel_2011; Fri, Nov 11th, 2011 at 09:02 PM.

Trading Score
    148 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by angel_2011 View Post
    i'm not sure what to do about this:
    Timelines:
    Oct 5th - finalized trade - sent my address in pm
    Oct 13th - received the tradee's address after i pmed to remind her.
    Oct 27th - pm'd her to let her know that i haven't received her envie
    Oct 27th - she replied to my pm letting me know that the coupons she was supposed to send me had expired so she mailed my coupons (which i sent her) back to me along with some stamps.
    Nov 7th - I received an envie from her with just stamps - my coupons were not returned back. So I pm'd her letting her know that she never sent my coupons back.
    She has been on nearly every day since I left her the pm but has not had the decency to reply back to me. Also, she received my end of the trade, but did not leave any rating for me.
    I hate leaving negative fb for anyone - but it seems like she was just playing games - if she was genuine, she could have at least left fb for me and had the decency of pm'ing me first to let me know that the coupons had expired - not waiting for me to keep running after her.
    kinda shady I think, IMO that would deserve atleast a neutral if nothing else...

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    302 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by kellyschool1 View Post
    I am getting really annoyed that some people do not reply to msgs . They do not give a rating nor reply to numerous msgs regarding it. I am sick of waiting for trades and a response to where it is? I am a quick fast fair trader and expect the same. Everything from train to trades should all be completed. Dragging people a long will only Peee ppl off!!!!
    I used to PM each trader who didn't provide a trader rating but I've since given up on that. It's just not worth the time and aggravation to me anymore. If the other person doesn't leave a rating I just forget about it and move on.
    RLF Honey Bunches of Oats $1.00

I'm A Couponista addict kellyschool1's Avatar
    Trading Score
    84 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynx123 View Post
    I used to PM each trader who didn't provide a trader rating but I've since given up on that. It's just not worth the time and aggravation to me anymore. If the other person doesn't leave a rating I just forget about it and move on.
    I am just about at that point. So who ever is going to think they are going to do anything with me and havent left me something then you wont be. People finish what you started.

Trading Score
    159 (100%)

I get really frustrated too Kelly. Especially when you're trying to build a larger number of trade ratings. I traded $150 worth of coupons to another user and have pmed and posted on there wall wondering if they've recieved my trade and could they leave a rating. Still no response and the user is on often and posts too. I think I'll have to just move on like Lynx, and realize that some don't share the same common courtesy.

Quote Originally Posted by kellyschool1 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynx123 View Post
    ......SEARCH USING SWAGBUCKS!.....
    ..................EARN $$$ FAST!..................
    .............Join using my referral..............
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/K8sFate

Trading Score
    167 (100%)

I would not be offended by a friendly reminder, sometimes I just forget! According to my TR I have done 85 trades this month, and yesterday and the day before I mailed out about 30 envies for trains and trades, for some its a lot to keep track of sometimes

Coupon Crazy
    Trading Score
    181 (100%)

I try to open envelopes one at a time when I'm at my computer and leave feedback immediately before I move on to the next envelope. I have a spreadsheet with all my trades and the ones that aren't complete have the box with the missing things (mailed, received, feedback left) highlighted so I know they aren't complete.

Helps keep me organized! When I first started I kept no records at all so I wouldn't even have known if I got scammed. Pretty stupid in hindsight.

Trading Score
    189 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SusieQ1982 View Post
    I try to open envelopes one at a time when I'm at my computer and leave feedback immediately before I move on to the next envelope. I have a spreadsheet with all my trades and the ones that aren't complete have the box with the missing things (mailed, received, feedback left) highlighted so I know they aren't complete.

Helps keep me organized! When I first started I kept no records at all so I wouldn't even have known if I got scammed. Pretty stupid in hindsight.

Thats a great idea! I know before I delete my messages right away and have no idea if I got something or not, (usually I delete once both ends are received)

Trading Score
    234 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sammie.c View Post
    kinda shady I think, IMO that would deserve atleast a neutral if nothing else...
    thanks

Thread Information