User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by jampack View Post
    Yes it is good barring the overheating and poor battery life.
    so u think intel laptop is good for home

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

It doesn't matter in my opinion as both chips are a big trade off if you're only using it for home use. If you have no choice but to use a laptop for home then heat and battery life are irrelevant since you'll be plugged into the wall outlet and the laptop will be on a desk or table (instead of say on your lap).

Keep in mind that laptops have a finite life span. Your biggest 'consumable' will be the battery pack which over time will lose its ability to hold a full charge. Keys and trackpads will get worn out with heavy use, and the LCD panel may not be as bright as it once was. Expect 3 years of quality use at which time you'll most likely want to upgrade.

If you only care about getting the cheapest laptop you can get, then it really won't matter about AMD or Intel (you'll probably even find better deals on AMD laptops). Both will be fine for regular use - surfing the web, writing out essays, etc.
    Earn points and redeem for prizes like Amazon GCs! I've earned $115 so far: hit me at http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/MrDisco

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by MrDisco View Post
    It doesn't matter in my opinion as both chips are a big trade off if you're only using it for home use. If you have no choice but to use a laptop for home then heat and battery life are irrelevant since you'll be plugged into the wall outlet and the laptop will be on a desk or table (instead of say on your lap).

Keep in mind that laptops have a finite life span. Your biggest 'consumable' will be the battery pack which over time will lose its ability to hold a full charge. Keys and trackpads will get worn out with heavy use, and the LCD panel may not be as bright as it once was. Expect 3 years of quality use at which time you'll most likely want to upgrade.

If you only care about getting the cheapest laptop you can get, then it really won't matter about AMD or Intel (you'll probably even find better deals on AMD laptops). Both will be fine for regular use - surfing the web, writing out essays, etc.
    thanks for nice advice

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information