User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: The end of grocery stores is near....

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by DianneS View Post
    The Wal-Mart super centre near me has a large produce section. However it is frequently very low on stock. Also, the quality of their produce is pretty mediocre. I rarely shop.there for anything...especially not groceries.
    Same with ours. I hardly frequent WM now.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

We recently started getting our groceries delivered from Spud.ca.

The products are comparable in price and service is great. It saves time on a weekend and fuel by avoiding a trip to the grocery store, which can be very busy at times.

I'm not sure how the regular grocery stores will be able to compete with online delivery services
    http://www.ourbigfatwallet.com - Saving, Investing & Frugal Living

Free Groceries! Use the referral code CRCAL-WESJAD at Spud.ca to get $20 off your first grocery order of $50 or more (a 40% savings)

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I guess we're pretty lucky here: our two WMSC have an excellent selection and quality of fresh produce...actually it's a heck of a lot better than the crap at our RCSS. I know for a fact that it's because of the produce manager there, so that may be the case at all grocery stores as well as WM. It all depends on the manager, how quickly they can turn over their stock and re-order fresh produce rather than letting over-ripe produce sit on the shelves in the hopes that someone will be desperate enough to buy it.
    The fresh produce at our RCSS is hit and miss; we went last Friday and there was one (ONE!) dying canteloupe on the shelf! I've often been tempted to take pictures and send them off to their head office and ask them if that is acceptable.
    So, around here, at least....it's WM or our local, scrumptious Smith's Market for fresh produce.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Dan in Canada View Post
    We recently started getting our groceries delivered from Spud.ca.
    The products are comparable in price and service is great. It saves time on a weekend and fuel by avoiding a trip to the grocery store, which can be very busy at times.
    I'm not sure how the regular grocery stores will be able to compete with online delivery services
    Yeah I agree with absolutely everything you have said.. Retail grocery stores are in trouble - nobody has time to waste 'shopping' for food anymore
    We use Organic's Live grocery delivery service in Toronto and the prices are good (considering you save gas and time) and the food is real good , certified organic , which is hard to find and better than you get at WM that's for darn sure..
    Name:  organicslive_productimage.png
Views: 293
Size:  175.9 KB

I reckon all delivery businesses will double or triple in the coming years and the food delivery business is already expanding ; this company was the 2014 National Franchise Show, looking for franchisees.
    Last edited by Arob; Thu, Oct 30th, 2014 at 12:30 PM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread Information