User Tag List

Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
Like Tree305Likes

Thread: No more "My Coupons Got Lost/Stolen/Thrown Away" Threads Please

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Thumpersmom View Post
    A raok section should be created then. I think we are all old enough to figure out who to give our coupons to.

Double
    I will donate to those I wish and sympathize with the others. I hate having my right to choose taken away.

I'm not taking away your right to choose... I'm simply trying to protect you and other members.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

How about we have a ROAK social group? this way people interested in joining can and those not are not affected.

Trading Score
    41 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    How about we have a ROAK social group? this way people interested in joining can and those not are not affected.
    i think this would be better than making a section

Trading Score
    15 (94%)

I have mixed feelings on this thread...

I feel for those who lose their coupon wallets yet I don't want to be taken advantage of... in case we don't know for sure...
    Lynn

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    203 (100%)

so I guess my idea won't work?!!

As my 16 year old would say "just putting it out there"

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

Agree to Boo!
    I want to share a short story here.
    I'm at this forum for not too long. But when I first saw the thread said they lost the coupons by careless I felt so sorry about them and I asked his/her address so that I can send them some coupons. I got a quick reply for the address and I sent a big envie of coupons to him/her. Many days passed, nothing happend to me. I was so worried about if they received the coupons. I had to pm the person to enquiry if they received my coupons. Then I got a delayed short causual reply:"I just received the coupons, thank you."
    I do this not for someone's apprecication, but I think some people acted totally different before they lost their coupons and after they received other's free coupons.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    22 (100%)

I have to agree.. the incidence of this was getting way too high. It's really a shame for those who legitimately lost their coupons but the way it picked up as a trend over the last 6 months was starting to look a tad suspicious.
    Last edited by meta42; Sat, Oct 3rd, 2009 at 05:51 PM.

KK7
    Female
    Trading Score
    618 (100%)

I feel for the people but at the same time I have lost my coupons before but I used my shoppers points and exchanges and got more. I am a single mom who has been out of work for a year and a bit (company bought out) and I could play the violin but I don't. I have my two feet and stand up, lol!

Trading Score
    187 (98%)

I think the social group thing would work... I think there are alot of people now saying they lost their coupons realizing many people will send to them more than doubling their stash which they may still currently have...

I would still like to help those I chose to but if I don't know they need help how can I help them....

http://swagbucks.com/?cmd=sb-register&rb=150767
    *** PLEASE click my referral link ***

Trading Score
    233 (100%)

I was just about to have my coupons stolen when I read this thread oh well, I'll have to think about something else
    Another great idea, thanks for creating these rules to protect us
    Looking for Amazon.ca codes, $4 chicken, $4 Chapman's
    Wishlist

Trade list

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    27 (100%)

I have to say I really like the idea of using coupons to help out others in need - my prime example in this regard is Dinglehopper, whom I've never met, but to whom I've sent a bunch of "RAOKs" that weren't especially random - I PM'd her to ask if I could have her address, because I support the work she wants to do with shelters.

I'm sending her coupons I would not otherwise use (or request from save.ca or wherever) because I know it will help her. I don't ask her for anything in return (although she would be willing to send me coupons) because I see it as a donation, just not of money out of my wallet (apart from the stamps, but that's no problem). And she didn't approach me, I contacted her.

I understand that it won't prevent me from PMing people to offer assistance, but I have to say....I think the issue is not expecting anything in return when you donate, except perhaps an update on how things are going with whomever you've tried to help out.

And that would include people who might be scamming you - if you help out with good intentions and get burned, well, s**t happens; I would rather be a little naive and helpful than suspicious of everyone's motives (even it it's justified sometimes) and keep everything to myself.

However, I would also never turn around and whine about how I had been scammed if it happened.

Not sure I'm making any sense, as usual...LOL. My brain is in neutral!!

Trading Score
    361 (100%)

I'm glad to see this, as they have gotten out of hand. You need to keep an eye on your coupon binder,folder,envelope or what ever you use just like your purse. You wouldn't leave your purse unattended, so why would you leave your coupons unattended. As for throwing them out, that's just stupidity. How does anyone do that? Maybe a few coupons, but your whole stash. Yeah right.

As for the RAOK subject, a social group sounds like a good idea. I do up baskets for the local womens shelter, but I don't ask for donations of coupons. I trade my own for the ones that I need for the baskets. I have always done this, and have traded for enough for just over 50 baskets. Maybe if people put in their wishlist that they are looking for coupons for donations, some people may help them out by throwing in extras, or giving more for their side of the trade. Just my 2 cents worth.
    Join me on swagbucks, and get an envelope worth $50 when you earn your first 100 swagbucks.
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/anner2050

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    27 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by anner2050 View Post
    Maybe if people put in their wishlist that they are looking for coupons for donations, some people may help them out by throwing in extras, or giving more for their side of the trade.
    That sounds like a really good idea, and a decent compromise (I don't think we'll be getting a donations section any time soon).

The other way people can help out (albeit in a small way) is with per-purchase limits - after one of our GTA swap meets, we went as a group to SDM and each bought four packs of Stayfree that one of our members is giving away. Someone printed out a bunch of the coupons, SDM had a sale which made them free except for taxes (all of $0.40, for four packages), and we handed them all over to her once we got out of the store.

She actually elbowed us out of the way and wouldn't let us pay the $0.40, either, LOL.

It might not always be convenient to do that, but I know our group would pick things up and get reimbursed (if need be) at our meets.

Jenny~Bear
    Trading Score
    16 (100%)

I totally agree that the stories about lost coupons are getting out of hand... I myslef lost coupons but never for a minute did I come on her begging for help or wanting people to replace what I had lost...

Back in July there was a fire in my house and I lost my shoebox full of extra coupons when the fireman came in with their hoses.... I was upset that they were lost but at the end of the day it was paper which can be replace and the important part was nobody was hurt...

I did not even think about posting on here asking for handouts because there are other people on here (like dinglehopper and tripsplanner) collecting coupons for those truly in need.... There are tons of people on here who are great with sending out RAOK's and helping others so all I have to say is "Thank You" to everyone on here who is genuine and kind and honest with their help!!!
    Wanna earn free gift cards just for searching the web? Join SWAGBUCKS http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/jennybear

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    477 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by caring View Post
    I was just about to have my coupons stolen when I read this thread oh well, I'll have to think about something else
    Another great idea, thanks for creating these rules to protect us

LOL caring. I agree with Boo, every week i read something about someone losing their book. Sometimes I wonder if they really did or not. There are a MILLON coupons out there. It's easy to just go to the store and collect some more. I have sent out some envies to some of these people in the past. Some have been really grateful, where others aren't as grateful ...Were they expecting like a bunch of HV coupons or FPCs???
    Join to earn GCs and many more prizes..
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/linny

Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread Information