User Tag List

Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
Like Tree305Likes

Thread: No more "My Coupons Got Lost/Stolen/Thrown Away" Threads Please

couponchick
    Trading Score
    172 (97%)

sorry i had a post last week but i did not ask for any coupons from anyone i said in the post oh well i am starting again (like you said suck it up) i do think we should have a section for people to post things they want though

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by kevico2 View Post
    I have mixed feelings on this thread...

I feel for those who lose their coupon wallets yet I don't want to be taken advantage of... in case we don't know for sure...

I feel exactly the same way

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by mellyskater View Post
    sorry i had a post last week but i did not ask for any coupons from anyone i said in the post oh well i am starting again (like you said suck it up) i do think we should have a section for people to post things they want though
    I think I replied on that thread, as I'd misplaced my coupon wallet. But I didn't post to get people to send me some of theirs, that wasn't my point at all. It didn't contain anything irreplaceable, I don't want or need people to send me coupons, I'm rebuilding my collection on my own.

By posting I was just kind of saying it sucks to lose your stuff, I feel your pain.

Z

Allergic to Stupidity
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I've noticed that almost every week now we get a "I lost my coupons" thread and they're getting annoying.

Maybe you really lost, misplaced, or threw away by mistake your coupons (and maybe not, I can't tell) but you simply need to suck it up, start building a new coupons set and move on. SC is not a coupons bank or a charity where you can expect to get free coupons from others for nothing. If you're looking for a freebie visit SC's freebies section.
    Well said.
    (I actually lost my coupon binder a few weeks ago. Didn't post my loss for all & sundry to see - until now. haha And now, my stash is NEARLY back up to par again - DH AND DD stepped up & started coupon shopping for me too! LOL) So, I know from experience that it really isn't that hard to build up your stash again, it's just a pain in the posterior.

And it does seem odd that everyone's posting about lost coupies all at once. Maybe it's aliens?

(shakes fists @ aliens ... what do they need with so many smellies? Yeesh.)
    Last edited by Kaldirris; Wed, Oct 7th, 2009 at 11:15 AM.
    CouponingQueen likes this.
    Better to remain silent & be thought a fool than to open your mouth & confirm it.
    $15 Paypal, $100 Amazon since July, and counting! http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Kaldirris

Trading Score
    122 (100%)

I wanted to add that if you have a coupon binder/box/whatever it is valuable and should have your name and phone number on it. I stuck a sticker in mine that has my name, email and phone number and it says "if found please return for a reward" I would gladly fork over $20 for getting hundreds of dollars (if not thousands) of coupons back.

Trading Score
    9 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Bluntbabe View Post
    I wanted to add that if you have a coupon binder/box/whatever it is valuable and should have your name and phone number on it. I stuck a sticker in mine that has my name, email and phone number and it says "if found please return for a reward" I would gladly fork over $20 for getting hundreds of dollars (if not thousands) of coupons back.
    Same

My binder has a note inside that says "If Found Please Call X at (XXX) XXX-XXXX". Obviously there's no guarantee that I will get it back but you have to have some faith that there are honest people out there.

And anyways my contact info is there so they couldn't say they had no way of returning it to it's rightful owner, and hopefully their conscience will bother them if they don't.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thanks Boo. Couldn't agree more

Trading Score
    177 (100%)

Bump
    "Far over the misty mountains cold, to dungeons deep and caverns old,
    We must away ere break of day, to seek the pale enchanted gold."

Trading Score
    50 (100%)

Complete Agree.

Although its nice to hear how people get it all worked out. I know some have posted their story but didnt ask for coupons in return. But I still think this is taking advantage of people - some members will assume this person *needs* the coupons. Possible post this in the tea room not under coupons.

I too noticed after one thread was posted 10 others were. You never know who is telling the truth. I will only send out coupons if I know this member or this member has been kicking around for awhile. None of the 1 posters or so on. Basically, if I have made a bond with a member. I would hope some members would do the same for me.

I donated stuff to shelters and womens shelter but I dont expect other members to help out. I wont post so and so shelter needs this and expect someone to mail me the product or coupons for free. I will collect items myself over months and bring them myself. You dont know for sure if this member will donate the items for sure.

I guess you should just use your own judgements or gut feelings.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Couldn't agree with you more Boo. The coupons that these people have been getting are amazing and it just shows the heart of SC'ers. But I agree, suck it up. If you lost cash you wouldn't be telling people that it was thrown out just to get a free handout and to me coupons are cash.

Trading Score
    9 (100%)

Thanks Boo

Trading Score
    41 (100%)

i think this needs a bump tooo

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Boy, oh boy. I'm glad I don't play referee anymore.

People are not always asking for a handout.
    I find SC is an intimate place, and people feel comfortable about sharing their experiences with others.
    I think in some cases, that's all people are doing. They are sharing something we all can relate to.

Just another point that hasn't been made.

If people want to perform RAOK, then that is their choice. No one is forcing them.

Just my two cents, but I understand there have to be forum rules.
    Last edited by koala; Fri, Nov 20th, 2009 at 11:23 PM.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by koala View Post
    Boy, oh boy. I'm glad I don't play referee anymore.

People are not always asking for a handout.
    I find SC is an intimate place, and people feel comfortable about sharing their experiences with others.
    I think in some cases, that's all people are doing. They are sharing something we all can relate to.

Just another point that hasn't been made.

If people want to perform RAOK, then that is their choice. No one is forcing them.

Just my two cents, but I understand there have to be forum rules.
    I agree. I have read a few of threads and I don't recall any where people were asking for more coupons. Maybe a few were started to try and get free coupons but I thought most were just relaying their disappointment with other people who could empathize.

I would never personally give my coupons to anyone no matter how sad their story was. LOL.

I am a pretty cynical person myself but it never really occured to me that some people might be trying to bum coupons. I guess I am not as cynical as you Boo or perhaps I am just a bit naive but honestly I have never been accused of that for quite some time.
    Last edited by gradin123; Sat, Nov 21st, 2009 at 04:17 AM.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Can someone tell me what ROAK stands for..

and as for a previous post above... coupons are cash really.. because when I use a coupon worth 1 dollar, I save a loonie which otherwise would have come out of my pocket..

I think people should be more cautious with their coupon binders. For example, dont bring every coupon you own in the store... bring in the ones you wanna use, and if for some reason you realize that you have a coupon for an unexpected item not on your list... GO BACK in the car and get it afterwards!

Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread Information