User Tag List

Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast
Like Tree305Likes

Thread: No more "My Coupons Got Lost/Stolen/Thrown Away" Threads Please

Harbinger of Cheerios MercuryBlue's Avatar
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieBargainista View Post
    How about banning "Is this the death of couponing" threads? That is starting to get really annoying too!

Amen!

I'm always grateful for accurate, up-to-date information about actual changes to coupons/store policies, etc. I'm less grateful for threads speculating what 'might' happen if 'certain people' don't behave a 'certain way'.

Trading Score
    121 (98%)

Quote Originally Posted by BunnyJ View Post
    On the other side of this discussion - I have decided to stop couponing as soon as my trains come back in and the ones I USE expire - I will no longer be looking for them. Got Coupon Burnout!!!!!!!!!!!! So, what do I do with all the ones I have left and are coming back to me on the trains? I have been looking for "charities" or RAOK's but don't know where to look! Would love to bless someone instead of throwing them all away :/.

Natalka recently wrapped up a thread in which she chose 3 random posts, and RAOK'd some coupons! I thought it was a fabulous idea!

We've had a few "fiery" threads lately, so maybe ask that people share happy thoughts, and stories, and you can pick from one of those?

Sad to see anyone quit couponing though, so maybe today is a new day?

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

How about banning "Is this the death of couponing" threads? That is starting to get really annoying too!
    thank you!! put a ban on this asap.

Trading Score
    59 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by guccigoo22 View Post
    Natalka recently wrapped up a thread in which she chose 3 random posts, and RAOK'd some coupons! I thought it was a fabulous idea!

We've had a few "fiery" threads lately, so maybe ask that people share happy thoughts, and stories, and you can pick from one of those?

Sad to see anyone quit couponing though, so maybe today is a new day?
    Thank-you Great idea

I'll giving it up until my kids are a bit older ;-) Too much to do at this stage (6 month old, 3 yr old, 5 yr old and a teen. Plus a poor dh who has been too much ignored lately for the sake of coupons :/) BUT I will be back, at least now I know where to come back too <3

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Bunny! Thanks for organizing the train. Sorry you're burned out!!

Trading Score
    53 (100%)

Oh thank you - I didn't want to be the one to say this! But so sick of people saying what is going to happen as if they have a crystal ball!

Sassy saver
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by MercuryBlue View Post
    Amen!

I'm always grateful for accurate, up-to-date information about actual changes to coupons/store policies, etc. I'm less grateful for threads speculating what 'might' happen if 'certain people' don't behave a 'certain way'.

Trading Score
    59 (100%)

Thanks Jujubetwins

Trading Score
    445 (99%)

Bump
    SWAGBUCKS!!! Earn gift cards for searching & doing surveys!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/cmoody8107

Check out my Wishlist!
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/239234-cmoodys-wishlist-canada/

Rocky! Rocky! Rah Rah Rah c_mcarthur's Avatar
    Trading Score
    102 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cmoody8107 View Post
    Bump

Trading Score
    9 (100%)

Aww, c'mon REALLY?

Is everyone dead inside and not care one iota about my paper mache donkey?

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by manzervite View Post
    Aww, c'mon REALLY?

Is everyone dead inside and not care one iota about my paper mache donkey?

On the contrary....I LOOOOOVVVEEEEE your paper mache donkey!

Hmmmmm I'm thinking
    Trading Score
    79 (100%)

Hi Everyone... I agree with this to a point... I dont think we need everyones story on what happened and new threads poping up on a daily or weekly basis of people asking for or looking for free coupons... get out there and rebuild.

THAT being said... I DO feel that everyone should be aware on where the "coupon snagger" is striking. So maybe if there was a thread JUST for that... If you KNOW someone took your binder from your cart while you were bending down to the bottom of the shelf then I feel we should all be "notified" if you will, on the description of the "perp" or suspected perp so we can all be on the lookout at the store the "perp" was last seen. I mean if I stood up and saw a person walking with a limp after I felt someone was too close to me kind of hovering and then I noticed my book was gone after 30 seconds... I would assume it was them. So having people look out for someone limping following them would be a great heads up. Same with people who dont know what a shower is ect...

Not that we need the whole story on what happened or what was thought to have happened but just the sticky details... Location, date and description. no more then 4 sentances or something.

Caution is something everyone should have on standby no matter where you go... having extra caution in different locations helps to lesson the loses.. we cant be suspicous of everyone but we can look people in the eye more when shopping. If they think you got a good look at them they'll most likely back off.

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by NeonTulie View Post
    Hi Everyone... I agree with this to a point... I dont think we need everyones story on what happened and new threads poping up on a daily or weekly basis of people asking for or looking for free coupons... get out there and rebuild.

THAT being said... I DO feel that everyone should be aware on where the "coupon snagger" is striking. So maybe if there was a thread JUST for that... If you KNOW someone took your binder from your cart while you were bending down to the bottom of the shelf then I feel we should all be "notified" if you will, on the description of the "perp" or suspected perp so we can all be on the lookout at the store the "perp" was last seen. I mean if I stood up and saw a person walking with a limp after I felt someone was too close to me kind of hovering and then I noticed my book was gone after 30 seconds... I would assume it was them. So having people look out for someone limping following them would be a great heads up. Same with people who dont know what a shower is ect...

Not that we need the whole story on what happened or what was thought to have happened but just the sticky details... Location, date and description. no more then 4 sentances or something.

Caution is something everyone should have on standby no matter where you go... having extra caution in different locations helps to lesson the loses.. we cant be suspicous of everyone but we can look people in the eye more when shopping. If they think you got a good look at them they'll most likely back off.
    Its one thing to do like some people have done and say oh darn I lost my coupons at walmart today and they were just venting. However it was the people that would say hey I lost my coupons send me some more. Before anyone even offered they were begging for them. Then it started getting out of hand with what seemed like similar posts every few days. There's that thing RAOK (random act of kindness) where people out of their own generosity would send coupons to people that fell on bad luck or just because they felt like sending coupons. Then all of a sudden there were people saying hey can people out there RAOK me. Well that's not a random act of kindness anymore thats just you begging,lol.
    Last edited by cabmonk; Thu, Sep 8th, 2011 at 05:07 PM.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I have cpned for years, been on SC only since July 2011. Have been and am still learning good tips, ideas, info that I didn't know before and for that I am grateful.

On the other hand, I've also witnessed on here the ugly side of people, such as what I call the "aspirin fiasco" where people use aspirin cpns only for overages while those who really need aspirin can't find any anywhere as they've all been sold out, or when people clear the shelves of various products, or when trial products instead of full products being purchased .... so companies are putting on more restrictions because of the stupidity of some people who make it bad for the rest of us who try to do things legitimately and with thought of their fellow man at the same time as when they cpn.

I had never seen this particular line of posts about stolen cpns until just today, so read the first 2 pages and the last page so far to get an idea of what the posting was about. Obviously, this is "another" aspect of the ugliness of some, not all, but some greedy people. Legitimately some people lose their cpn binders, others get on the band wagon when they they think there's a good thing going and they'll get freebies if they just complain.

Folks, I started from scratch with my cpns both years ago and now most recently. I am very cautious with my binder. When you have to bend down to look at or pick up a product from a shelf, learn to put your hand ON the binder at ALL times, therefore no chance of "someone stealing your binder". When something is of worth to you, you look after it, ... your wallet, your purse, your purchases, your children. You don't just let these things go willy nilly and "take a chance" and hope no one steals these things.

Same thing with your cpn binder. Yes it's worth money, take care of it in the first instance. And if you lose it, you start rebuilding your cpn supply just as we all did the first time, cpn by cpn, one at a time. If someone chooses to be kind and send some to you, that is then between them and you, but don't expect this all the time.

As with some of my other posts, I know I'll get people angry at me, that is fine, that means I've struck a guilty cord with you. As for other folks, if it like the "aspirin fiasco" posts I've noted on here, I could not believe the positive reputation posts that came back to me, with a thank you for speaking common sense.

So I'm not here to upset or point fingers. There are some folks on here with solid integrity, just wish I could see more of integrity and less of greed in no matter whatever topic it comes out as.

And as NeonTulie has posted on here, instead of complaining for more cpns, instead complain about the culprit who you saw stealing your cpns. That then is a benefit to all of us to be on the watch for that person, and then for sure at least it's more of a legit post than complaining for more cpns.

Thank you for taking the time to read my post.
    CheriBomb likes this.

Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread Information