User Tag List

Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 LastLast
Like Tree305Likes

Thread: No more "My Coupons Got Lost/Stolen/Thrown Away" Threads Please

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Last edited by lecale; Mon, Aug 13th, 2012 at 12:01 PM.
    aussie, Patty Smyth, KK7 and 15 others like this.

Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lecale View Post
    This is what gets me
    I would report this and/or pm a mod (like Sally). Also bring up the concerns about the number of these "I need help" threads lately.
    ......SEARCH USING SWAGBUCKS!.....
    ..................EARN $$$ FAST!..................
    .............Join using my referral..............
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/K8sFate

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Oh Boy , greedy, dishonest and stupid. Stellar character.

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lecale View Post

Originally Posted by nephora

Long story short. I live with my mom and I cannot work due to health issues. My mom's money is getting cut off and now we have no money. My hubby is making a bit but not enough to support us at all. I was hoping someone could help me and send me some fpc's I will trade generously and a small gift card if it's good. I will take most fpc's and my wl is coming up next. Please ask for other coupons as well. Thank you very much.
    Originally Posted by nephora I'm looking for a great deal on a gaming laptop. I need a great graphic card and big screen over 17 inches. I was wondering if anyone knows of a good laptop and could send me a link. Great memory would help to. Price limit is about 1,200$. Send me a link please thanks
    This is what gets me
    And me...heck, I'd like to be able to drop $1,200 on a games machine rather than buying kid's clothes and school supplies or food and utilities.
    aussie, Patty Smyth, KK7 and 4 others like this.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    39 (100%)

A few years ago, it seemed like there was a rash of lost coupon binders within a very short time, just after one or two people showed pictures of the flood of coupons they were RAOKed by generous SmartCanucks after posting about their loss. Pretty funny to read... I think this thread was the result.

Yeah, I think the whole spirit of SmartCanucks is people working hard on couponing/saving to help themselves, not to simply get handouts. People can use this site to learn about deals/learn shopping skills/trade coupons in order to save money. I've seen a couple of posts (with hard-luck stories) basically asking for coupons, and I think they're sometimes new people who don't really understand what the site's about.
    Thumpersmom, KK7, lecale and 6 others like this.

Trading Score
    234 (100%)

i wish i had $1200 lying around to spend on a gaming system I'm waiting for boxing day to redeem my sdm points for a nintendo for my DS.

Trading Score
    130 (96%)

I am pretty new here, been around for a little more than a month. Before that I had NEVER couponed, I had no stash, not even a binder! My first shopping trip with coupons was a gong show because I had them ALL in one envelope. SMH LOL
    If you lose yours, have it stolen by circus clowns or the aliens zap it with their laser eyes; it does not take long to build a reasonable stash! I have a pretty damn good one going and that is without the previous know how!

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    79 (94%)

People could just be more honest. If you have basically nothing to trade and no collection, ask for help! When I started I did the same, and lots gave links to pages to get big envies for small GC's or stamps, or people giving away coupons and such on. Asking for help where to find a good deal is much better than lying! And I do find lots of people lie about this! I only say that because my binder's are my babies, they are NEVER left out of my site, and are in front of me in my cart 100% of the time never out of my sight!
    Last edited by surfacerising; Fri, Jul 27th, 2012 at 01:20 AM.
    jasperandchar and CheriBomb like this.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    79 (94%)

I seen your post being very honest that you were in need, that's different. I mean posts where people say "i lost all my binders".. That doesn't seem very believable to me! Like I said, being honest that you are in need or need help starting and will take any freebies or deals is different than people saying they lost them all and would like a ton of FPCs in the mail.

Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by nephora View Post
    This is about me. I am looking for my father to buy me a laptop before he quits his job. When he does the money is cut off for me and my mom. Which means we have no money and can't buy anything.
    I'm sorry for your situation. This thread exists because members of SCs have been scammed by other users claiming falsehoods just to get coupons. This is a site where many people are in dire financial crises (which is probably why they're members here looking for tips and tools), so it's difficult to read requesting threads as many, many SCs are in similar financial situations.
    ......SEARCH USING SWAGBUCKS!.....
    ..................EARN $$$ FAST!..................
    .............Join using my referral..............
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/K8sFate

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    79 (94%)

Lots of people here are in tough situations - there's lots of posts where people are giving out coupons for just a stamp in return. I don't personally like doing GC's or stamps in large amounts, but it can really help, and the boards are filled with those posts. I started on this website in a similar situation, I have a 4 year old daughter, mega amounts of school debt, and neither me or my husband can find jobs. But there's lots of hand outs everywhere on this site, just search for them or even traditional trades, those cost you almost nothing and you will surely find something if you don't have much.
    Judyhill and jasperandchar like this.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by nephora View Post
    This is about me. I am looking for my father to buy me a laptop before he quits his job. When he does the money is cut off for me and my mom. Which means we have no money and can't buy anything.
    I'm sorry but i'm not buying that story! If you cant work and you and your mom are about to have no money, common sense would say, you would ask your dad to give you that money to buy food.. silly stuff like that so you both can survive... last time i checked, you cant eat a laptop.
    Thumpersmom, aussie, KK7 and 13 others like this.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    79 (94%)

I don't think anyone is personally attacking you either. When I seen your post and MSG'd you, you weren't asking for handouts, you said you were in a bad situation and really needed to trade. There's such a difference between that and saying you lost all your coupons so you need everyone to send you some.

Trading Score
    0 (50%)

If I ever hit the $$$ I'd STILL Coupon!

Quote Originally Posted by angel_2011 View Post
    i am so tired of reading about why we should trade with other members because they are "poor" or "struggling" or "broke". Not to be rude, but none of us are rich or millionaires which is why we coupon - so it's annoying to see these posts especially in the trading section.

Teachers Have Class
    Trading Score
    520 (100%)

A little suggestion for those who are posting "hard luck" stories and looking for help:

I hope this isn’t perceived as cold-hearted but rather an as alternative to asking for hand-outs via the trading section. Most of us who coupon use the savings for our own family needs as well as donating to neighbours and food banks in our own areas. Most SCers give generously to those we know are in need.

There is a saying that goes something like, “Give a man a fish and he will have food for a day. Give a man a fishing pole and teach him to fish and he will have food for a lifetime.”

Rather than asking for one-time hand-outs, scan through the various sections of SmartCanucks. You will discover so many ways to save money through sales, coupons, mail-in-rebates, freebies, etc. Using the “fishing pole” of SmartCanucks will enable you to make the best use of the income you receive . . . for a lifetime.
    Thumpersmom, aussie, KK7 and 19 others like this.

Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 LastLast

Thread Information