User Tag List

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by runningmom23 View Post
    I just got off the phone with Shoppers. It was from them ...so legit....but they were suppose to send it out only to VIB members not everyone - so they have shut the link down. She said all optimum pts are safe- and apologized for the scare.
    In the first page, main post...this should be included...so no one get panicked anymore

@Zonny...thumps up!!
    Tech Mojo: SoftConnect

Trading Score
    726 (100%)

I also called them and they told me it is a legit email and not to worry about your points.

This thread had me worried!

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

It would be nice if they sent out a bonus coupon for those on their list who were first exciting thinking they won something, only to be disappointed.

Now I am wondering how secure there system is when it comes to keeping information safe.
    Try out the maven box by julep And code FREEFB, and get your box for one cent:
    Use this link
    http://www.julep.com/rewardsref/index/refer/id/2287/

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

All I know is that I'm ticked that they didn't send a follow-up message to apologize for their mistake. What a joke...I'm get people's hopes up and then only tell them you made a mistake once you click on the link. They could have easily sent a message after they realized their mistake to everyone to explain the mix-up and to say sorry. And yes a bonus coupon or something to that effect would be a nice way to apologize!

Does this remind anyone of the Activa Yogurt survey from months ago(promising free yogurt if you did their survey trial)

---Technical Glitch my @ss!

Trading Score
    118 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by kiwis-mom View Post
    All I know is that I'm ticked that they didn't send a follow-up message to apologize for their mistake. What a joke...I'm get people's hopes up and then only tell them you made a mistake once you click on the link. They could have easily sent a message after they realized their mistake to everyone to explain the mix-up and to say sorry. And yes a bonus coupon or something to that effect would be a nice way to apologize!

Does this remind anyone of the Activa Yogurt survey from months ago(promising free yogurt if you did their survey trial)

Good point. I was pretty excited about Today's Parent. Didn't click any links cuz I saw this thread first.

SDM Optimum Queen Wannabe julie.leeds's Avatar
    Trading Score
    23 (100%)

Maybe if we sent a form e-mail to them, and anyone who is interested in pursuing it all send them the same e-mail, or just send one mail with a large number of e-mail addresses on it so they see it has upset people.(maybe upset isn't the right word) Who knows maybe something will come out of it

It seems to have got a lot of people's hopes up.

Follow the elephant...
    http://thestthomasblog.com

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    98 (100%)

all i know is that i'm ticked that they didn't send a follow-up message to apologize for their mistake....

---technical glitch my @ss!

lol!!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    10 (100%)

omg mistakes happen!

Yes, they probably should've sent a follow up email stating it was an error.
    But to send thousands of people something because of a little email is rediculous.
    Its not like they compromised your points in anyways.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by julie.leeds View Post
    Maybe if we sent a form e-mail to them, and anyone who is interested in pursuing it all send them the same e-mail, or just send one mail with a large number of e-mail addresses on it so they see it has upset people.(maybe upset isn't the right word) Who knows maybe something will come out of it

It seems to have got a lot of people's hopes up.
    I'm happy I won't get a Today's Parent subscription.

Karen
    Trading Score
    184 (100%)

This just came in my email:

Dear Valued Shoppers Optimum Member,
    We would like to extend our apologies in regard to a technical issue that occurred on Monday, November 23rd 2009. As a result, an e-mail that was intended for a select number of Shoppers Optimum v.i.b. (Very Important Baby Program) members was delivered to e-mail addresses that were not intended to receive this communication. We ask that you kindly disregard and delete the e-mail, as those whose names were drawn as eligible winners of the Shoppers Optimum Today’s Parent Subscription contest will be notified by a separate communication.
    We apologize for any confusion or inconvenience. Please be assured that your Shoppers Optimum Account has not and will not be affected and your personal information is completely secure.
    Thank you for your understanding.
    Shoppers Optimum

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Just got this email:

Dear Valued Shoppers Optimum Member,

We would like to extend our apologies in regard to a technical issue that occurred on Monday, November 23rd 2009. As a result, an e-mail that was intended for a select number of Shoppers Optimum v.i.b. (Very Important Baby Program) members was delivered to e-mail addresses that were not intended to receive this communication. We ask that you kindly disregard and delete the e-mail, as those whose names were drawn as eligible winners of the Shoppers Optimum Today’s Parent Subscription contest will be notified by a separate communication.

We apologize for any confusion or inconvenience. Please be assured that your Shoppers Optimum Account has not and will not be affected and your personal information is completely secure.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Shoppers Optimum

Boy! They screwed this up royally!!!

Trading Score
    118 (100%)

Ah, well, mistakes happen. I accept apology!

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

got the same apology

Trading Score
    86 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by khipson View Post

I am a VIB member, so I didn't think anything of it... the only thing that threw me was they expected you to multiply 28x12 without using a calculator.
    Quote Originally Posted by just_for_ipod View Post
    And whats wrong with 28x12 ??
    Its the same as
    28x10 + 28 +28= 280+28+28 = 280+56 = 336

Simple
    or 28x12/14 is the same as (14x2)x12/14 which is just 2x12!

Even simpler!

Quote Originally Posted by thecountess View Post
    I signed up for VIB, I'm not a parent but I'm an aunt many times over and recently a great aunt!

Hmmmm I like the sound of that.
    I'm a Great Aunt.
    My uncle says that ALL the time. "I've always been a Great Uncle"

Got an apology email tonight. Glad it was all a glitch. Too bad, would have loved a subscription. Might ask for it for christmas!
    You just proved Signature Advertising works!

Earn FREE money just by searching! Ask me how to get a $5GC using my referral.
    Get $10 off $40 for new customers at well.ca using the code springhascome

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

At least they apologized (though how many people contacted them to complain about the mistake in the first place before they thought to send it out?).

And yes mistakes happen...but they are in the business of making money and to do that they need to treat their customers with respect, otherwise they run the risk of losing business. And a simple email apology to all involved is all anyone could hope for. Letting people know it was a mistake by having to click through links that say you won something is lazy. The follow up email is nicely worded and much appreciated and I'm glad that SDM sent it out to everyone to apologize for the mistake. Nicely done.

Congrats to whom ever actually won the subscription though!

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10

Thread Information