User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jaba View Post
    I completely agree with Daphne 100%. A SDM that I usually go out of my way to go to (it's way bigger, food section etc) stopped taking printed coupons, you know why? Apparently some greedy selfish person "bought" ALL of the glade tins with resized printable fpc's. This SDM was refused redemption by the company and so now because of this incident this particular SDM no longer takes printables. Can you blame them?!

Just another reason why we should not be using these coupons. Perhaps we didn't know, at first, that these coupons are not legit (stores are not getting reimbursed for them!), but if you've read this thread, you know now!! It is unethical! - yes, I dare say.

Trading Score
    120 (100%)

omg ! my sdm (pharmaprix) also stopped taking printables. actually theyll take 1 per purchase thats it because someone abused. i tried the skintimate 2$

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

i also agree with Daphne about not going over board with the printable coupons i've already had a problem with the natrel coupon as some already know my wm flat out refused to let me use it because they were not getting reimbursed and i was only trying to use 2 now i'm actually afraid to use printed coupons just in case i run into another problem using them i think what daphne is trying to say is don't abuse it so you don't ruin it for everyone else she puts alot of work into the pdf something that i don't know how to do and it saves me ink and paper but i don't use a ton of them at 1 time

Trading Score
    9 (100%)

None of the stores in my area take printables

Shoppergirlz
    Trading Score
    19 (100%)

I totally agree with you....print a few use them. It ruins it for everyone else when people abuse it.

Trading Score
    15 (94%)

I agree Daphne and Sandra: let's be responsible!
    Lynn

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

You know what's awful. I went yesterday to Sobey's and I had two FPC's for the Clover Leaf flavored tuna and spitz seeds. The cashier warned me that in a couple weeks they will no longer be accepting even those coupons. Which I don't think they were legit. WHY? cause some one decided to use those Natrel milk coupons and abuse it. But really these coupons I had came directly from the company on high gloss paper. These are not printed straight from the company. I told her that and the cashier said they are making fakes that look very good!
    Last edited by Dolce; Sun, Oct 11th, 2009 at 01:08 PM.

Trading Score
    44 (100%)

I agree that people should not be abusing the printables either. I have seen brags with piles and piles of the same free items. I'm sure that in the end this will lead to stores not accepting them and companies not producing them once they realize that they are all being used by the same small crowd. Coupons are there to be used but let's be reasonable...we're here to save, not to scam!

Trading Score
    38 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Dolce View Post
    You know what's awful. I went yesterday to Sobey's and I had two FPC's for the Clover Leaf flavored tuna and spitz seeds. The cashier warned me that in a couple weeks they will no longer be accepting even those coupons. Which I don't think they were legit. WHY? cause some one decided to use those Natrel milk coupons and abuse it. But really these coupons I had came directly from the company on high gloss paper. These are not printed straight from the company. I told her that and the cashier said they are making fakes that look very good!

That's sad....and disappointing...
    LF: Colgate Toothpaste $1.50, Huggies & Pampers Coupons

Loving sales and coupons
    Trading Score
    26 (100%)

Good post, Daphne. It makes sense although I don't really use printables.

JAMs Wife
    Trading Score
    10 (100%)

agreed!, very well written. We are not here to judge, but just be careful what you post. This is an open site for everyone to see.
    Like FREE and EASY?!? Join Swagbucks and start earning free stuff (amazon gift cards, pay pal, the list is endless) NOW
    My blog - Little Miss Kate - Blogging about life as a mom, reviews, giveaways and everything in between

Alf
    CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I completely agree with you Daphne. Seeing people abuse the printable coupons on this site is what makes me very uncomfortable to use them. I have NEVER used a printable coupon because I feel that everyone who prints dozens of them and use them make it a lot more harder for me to be able to use them without feeling under the microscope by the cashiers.

Trading Score
    239 (100%)

I totally agree with Daph... And I'm also one of those people who are leery (sp?) about using printable coupons because I'm not sure whether or not I will be turned away or not.

Nobody is here to judge, and I hope I'm not being rude here, but the comments I read about hoarding are kind of out of line. Not one person here should be made to feel as though they have a disease. IMHO

Allergic to Stupidity
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

I totally agree, Daphne. Tried to give a thumbs up, but couldn't.
    Better to remain silent & be thought a fool than to open your mouth & confirm it.
    $15 Paypal, $100 Amazon since July, and counting! http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Kaldirris

Trading Score
    39 (100%)

I absolutely agree that printable coupons should not be abused. Maybe only coupons with active links to manufacturer websites should be posted? That way, manufacturers would retain more control over their coupons being issued.

I rarely use printables, unless I can get them directly from a manufacturer's website. That way, I know that I'm using a valid coupon that the manufacturer is willing to let me have. The Glade scented oil candle was nice. I'm buying a lot of things that I don't normally buy lately because I'm working on the Christmas bags (put on the table for Christmas dinner like big Christmas crackers) for all my family members (I've been making them for more than 11 years). Since getting more into coupons, I've realized that there's the opportunity to get some really nice stuff for the bags by combining coupons and sales. So, I might use a couple of the $5 Brandsaver Gillette coupons and a couple of the Old Spice ones. I kind of figure, though, that my coupon use in this case might actually HELP the manufacturer. For new products, manufacturers want people to try something so they get hooked, since most things tend to get used up! When refills need to be purchased to continue using a product (eg. razors, electric toothbrushes, air freshener holders), the manufacturers make money. Sure, they're not making money on what I've bought with the coupons, but if I'm giving those products to five or six of my male family members, they just might try it, like it, and buy it later at full price. They don't use coupons, so they wouldn't buy it to try it because they happened to have coupons and there was a great sale on. But if they tried it and liked it, they'd look for it and not worry much about the price.

Anyway, I'm rambling here. Sometimes we do use more than one of a coupon, but it's not right to abuse printables. I feel a little bit sick when I look at some brags, thinking about how much the manufacturer is going to have to pay out as the result of one person's use of printable freebies. I kind of wonder if maybe prizes shouldn't be given for top braggers, because I wonder if it only encourages and normalizes excess. (Of course, I don't know what the criteria are to win).

I really don't think that SC is about abusing coupons. I've really enjoyed reading some of the feel-good brags, like those about giving a crib to someone who can't afford it, about a five-year-old bringing breakfast in bed, and about the perfect cake for a three-year old. I think brags should reflect wonderfulness like that, or, alternately, skill, like when someone skillfully combines coupons with a great sale or clearance. Brags involving a bunch of printable coupons for freebies seem a bit like shooting fish in a barrel.

Just my two cents. Hope you all have a happy Thanksgiving.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information