User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    59 (100%)

Expired
    Hi All,

This is just a request for those that uses multiples and multiples of the printable coupons (particularly the SCJ ones) to refrain from posting too many brags for their hauls.

Firstly, a member recently booted by Boo (a second time) posted on SC that she's emailed manufacturers with links about all the brags on this forum. Secondly, it is still not quite clear how many copies of the SCJ coupons one is supposed to use - some say 1, some say as many as you want. Regardless, how do you think the manufacturers are going to feel seeing all these brags, even if the intial intention was such that there's no limit as to how many copies you can print off? Do you think they will offer the same coupons again the next time around?

Manufacturers are not stupid and they are out there to make a profit. Coupons and promotions are investments they make in order to do so. They are not in the business to provide to us freebies FOR LIFE.

I can't say all the bragging going on here on SC are abuses of these deals, and there's nothing wrong with hoarding (IMO anyways). But please be reasonable and rational with what you stockpile on and what you post and brag about. Personally I stockpile on things on sale alot, but I use mostly manufacturer or insert coupons that the manufacturers issue only so many copies of. With these coupons they know what to expect in terms of redemption rate (i.e. max how many will comeback). With printables, there is no control and therefore it is up to us to discipline ourselves how far we want to go with using them. Obviously there's the arguement that "Well they shouldn't have issued it if they can't affort the loss". But come on, if they don't see a gain in sales from these promotions and instead, they lose out on giving out freebies, do you think the same deals will get offered again? When you use 2, 3, 4 copies of one coupon, its probably still acceptable. But when you use 20,30,40 of them per trip, its a little excessive. Not only does it make manufacturers not want to issue coupons, large retailers like WM and RCSS will also react by turning down these coupons because they are not sure about their validity. When they get hundreds of these print-at-home coupons redeemed a day, they've gotta be more cautious, especially after the Maple Leaf fraud - and I guess after some dude allegedly tried to use 40 copies of the Tylenol $2 coupon on 40 bottles of Tylenol on sale for $1.99 ALL IN ONE TRIP.

Everything that I've said is just common sense. Don't want to be a party pooper and spoil your fun excitement about your bargains but please please please be reasonable and be considerate about our future as "professional couponers" when you are urged to super-coupon with the printables at the store or when you are urged to post a brag about your mega-printable coupon haul.

Thanks!

D.
    This thread is currently associated with: Guess, Real Canadian Superstore RCSS
    Last edited by daphne010180; Sat, Oct 10th, 2009 at 08:28 PM.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    10 (100%)

Do you feel better?

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by maplegirl View Post
    Do you feel better?

I hope you are just joking?! - I must say, I have to agree with Daphne.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    59 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by maplegirl View Post
    Do you feel better?
    I don't know why you feel offended. As I've said in your thread I wasn't picking on you or anything. I just feel this is something that needs to be brought up and discussed, particularly after all the negative comments left by Hoardemall. If you disagree with the view I've presented here you are more than welcome to comment in this thread.

freebie shopoholic
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Daphne,
    I see your point, but don't you think your glaring title is making it even more obvious for manufacturers if they ever check this site out? Perhaps consider toning down the title a tad? The more attention it garner, the worse this will get.
    Last edited by lisalovlee33; Sat, Oct 10th, 2009 at 08:45 PM.

Trading Score
    120 (100%)

Agreed. Its plain common sense. I dont think daphne is trying to offend anyone btw, but just opening a topic of discussion and making a clear point not to exagerate because in the end, she has the thread with all the printables.
    Thanks daphne

Trading Score
    120 (100%)

and i dont think the title would offend manufacturers either.. it just shows them we dont abuse and are not here to scamthem.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    15 (100%)

Totally agree!!

Trading Score
    32 (100%)

Here's my two cents...
    On one hand you're telling people not to go overboard, but your thread actually makes it much more possible for people to do just that. Some of the coupons are in PDFs where four or more are on one page for easy printing (and subsequently easy misuse). I understand exactly what you're trying to say in this thread, but the PDF thread contradicts it.

And for the record, I completely agree with what you're saying (does anyone actually need like 398 scented oil candle tins?) I just think there's a little bit of a discrepancy here.
    Last edited by bellissimarobotica; Sat, Oct 10th, 2009 at 09:34 PM.

Trading Score
    96 (100%)

Pony girl
    Trading Score
    10 (100%)

I have no ink in my printer, so i cant ever print again. LOL

Trading Score
    22 (100%)

Totally agree =)

Trading Score
    120 (100%)

4 coups a page ok.. she doesnt say anywhere on her thread to print 16 pages ..

Trading Score
    304 (99%)

I completely disagree with your opinion and posting it on this site, stating "But please be reasonable and rational with what you stockpile on and what you post and brag about"

Honestly what someone wants to buy and STOCKPILE is no ones business!

But posting that you bought 100 glade tin candles using 100 printed free product coupons is a bit much and might hurt everyone who uses these printable coupons in the future.

Couponing Princess!
    Trading Score
    284 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by kittyc View Post
    Totally agree =)
    Same here. I think daphne makes the printables available as multiples on a page to cut down on waste. Not so that someone can redeem for 100 candles in one shot or whatever it is that folks are doing these days.

Multiples per page doesn't mean you HAVE to redeem ALL of those coupons in one shot... and I think that's the point she's trying to make.

Folks can continue to disregard her advice in this thread, and really that's your prerogative, as long as these folks remember that in the end everyone will pay a price when the manufacturers stop offering these deals.
    Last edited by Sunraven; Sat, Oct 10th, 2009 at 09:27 PM.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information