User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Trading Score
    15 (100%)

This is SO funny, I just had to post again... I got a new phone call from Ramada Plaza Resorts with the same offer.

Cut off the girl on the phone before she got halfway through her spiel about "survey on vacation habits".

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

My brother purchased one of these Orlando/Fort Lauderdale/Bahama's cruise/car rental deals from Ramada Plaza Resorts.

He didn't research this and thought it was a great deal. Now it turns out he is unable to go so was very generous and gave it to me for Christmas. However, reading all of these reviews I don't think I want anything to do with it. My vacation time is very valuable to me, and I don't want to risk going on this and have it ruin our holiday

Is there anyway for him to get a refund? I believe he purchased it about 6 months ago, so I am thinking he may be screwed?

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I'm glad I found this website and message board. I also got that exact same phone call from Ramada asking if I would answer a short survey. I don't mind answering surveys so I said sure. I gave them my mailing address and email address but nothing else. I was given a registration # and they told me I'd be contacted again if I won a trip. They did indeed call back the next evening at the same exact time... asking for that registration #. I told them I couldn't find it and they hung up on me. LOL

I also got an email from them but before going to their website, I decided to look it up to see if it was a scam. And then I found this discussion board.

Friggin s eh?!

For me, the red flag came when I asked the girl how she got my name and phone number. She said that I must have recently stayed at a Ramada... which isn't the case. I usually stay at Intercontinental Hotels (Holiday Inn, etc). So anyway... so much for that eh! I just hope they don't call back or send me anything in the mail. At least they don't have my credit card information.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

We just returned from one of these vacations. What a nightmare to deal with these people. Glad to hear that they are NOT a part of Ramada. (alajen)
    First of all it wasn't a free vacation by any stretch of the word. Once we got there we had to pay a $12.00 a day ammenities fee. Our room was very outdated and dirty. We had no alarm clock, iron or ironing board and no coffeemaker. As we had gotten in after midnight I asked for these items to be replaced then next morning. We returned late that night and still this had not been done. I called the front desk and security brought us up an old alarm clock and two more trips later I had a coffee maker and iron and board. So the alarm was set for 7 a.m. and went off at 4a.m. The iron leaked when I was using it so I had to turn off the steam. I again asked in the morning for a new clock but to no avail. I ended up using my cell phone alarm.The bathroom had very dirty floors, doors and the paint and wall paper were peeling. I have pictures. The restaurant was another story. Breakfast was buffet style. I had order coffee but it was served to me in a styrofoam cup, I did ask for a mug and the waitress brought me one. I noticed several other people with styrofoam cups too. The next morning again I was given a styrofoam cup. I gave up asking as it was pointless. The morning (our fourth) I got my nice styrofoam cup but noticed that people who had arrived later than us were being given plastic cutlery as they had run out of regular cutlery. Not a "gold key" establishment in my eyes.
    So, we knew that we had to attend a time share presentation. A beautiful resort we drove to as were taken by a representative in her truck to the resort and sat in on the presentation whick took about 2 hours. Then we were shown different purchasing plans we could buy. Once we said no we were not interested then we were told that a gentleman would come over to ask 5 questions and we would be on our way, well.....it was to try to sell us a cheaper version of another time share closer to Disney. We again said we were not interested and they finally let us leave BUT we had to wait for a drive back to the welcome centre and they were not very friendly anymore.
    We then had to head to Fort Lauderdale the next day to pick up our boarding pass for our cruise (thank goodness we upgraded to a Carnival Cruise) we were supposed to return to Fort Lauderdale after our cruise to sit in on another presentation and stay at the Inverray Resort so they asked us for a $40.00 deposit until we got back to ensure we came back for the presentation. Our money would be refunded however we refused as we had already spent more money than was said. Do not fall victim to one of these "fabulous" vacations as it was a nightmare dealing with this scamming company. Just a side note, there is a correctional institution about a block or two from the Ramada Plaza Resort. I found out from the female timeshare presenter that they buy our names from Ramada Plaza resorts. So Ramada plaza resorts reels people in and then sells our names to the vacation time share people for between 400.00 to 600.00 dolllars. Not worth the insanity. I would go through a reputable travel agent. In this day and age there are so many great deals on travel if you take the time to research! Happy travels.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

GO to trip advisor....hold on I will post the link here. There was a gentleman that posted on how he got his money back. It was a lot of work but he got it.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserR...o_Florida.html

And just in case I will cut and paste it here too!
    How to get your money back
    Ramada Plaza Orlando Resort East Universal Studios

CanadianBrit1
    Ottawa
    Aug 18, 2008

2/2 found this review helpful
    I fell foul to what I believe is a widespread timeshare scam which uses this hotel. I was sold, by telephone, a promotional 70% discounted holiday for $798.
    5 days later I contacted the company ‘Travel Center Orlando’ after reading the plethora of negative publicity on the Internet. The travel Company use substandard accommodation in Orlando, Fort Lauderdale and a cruise ship to the Bahamas and use the captive audience to try and sell them Time Shares. They initially refused a refund based on the verbal agreement during the telephone sale for no refunds.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Search?q=...ort+Lauderdale
    http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberre...?EntryID=43652

I have though now managed to get my money back. If you are in the same situation I advise you do the following:

1. Inform your Credit Card service that you believe you have fallen foul of a Scam. (CIBC Canada were less than helpful, as they said I had volunteered the CC information).

2. Send a certified letter* demanding the return of your money immediately to:

Travel Center
    250 South Ronald Regan Boulevard
    Suite 116
    Longwood
    FLORIDA 32750
    USA

3. Upon receiving the Marketing Paperwork return those documents* by certified post requesting that the contract be cancelled in accordance with their own policy (i.e. within 30 days of date of purchase) to:

Meridian Marketing
    Suite 116
    250 South Ronald Regan Boulevard
    Longwood
    FLORIDA 32750
    USA

4. Report the scam to the Royal Canadian Mounted Police or your relevant police authority.

http://www.rcmp.ca/scams/index_e.htm

5. Report the scam to as many travel web sites as possible, including:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/
    http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/...Off0148486.htm

*6 Most importantly copy all paperwork to the Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services. They were excellent and most proactive.

http://www.800helpfla.com/complnt.html

Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services
    Division of Consumer Services
    Terry Lee Rhodes Building
    2005 Apalachee Parkway
    Tallahassee, FL 32399-6500

This scam appears to have been in effect for 4 years and it would seem that the Travel Center Orlando has found a loophole in the law to keep trading so long. Good luck getting your money back.

• Date of Stay: July 2008
    • Visit was for: Quality time with family
    • Your age range: 35-49

• Would I recommend this hotel to my best friend? no way!
    • I do not recommend this hotel for: Young singles, An amazing honeymoon, A romantic getaway, Girlfriend getaway, People with disabilities, Older travelers, Great pool scene, Pet owners, Families with young children, Families with teenagers, Tourists

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by cindymwood View Post
    I just got the call tonight, it showed up Ramada ORL FTL on the caller display, and the number is 1 905 595 0659.
    They have been calling all week, and I finally answered tonight, I had a feeling it was a scam, but I answered the questions anyway...

She said her name was Felicia and that if I chose to answer a quick survey I would be entered into a contest to win some sort of Vacation.

I agreed.
    By they way, she already knew my name, and my husbands name, must me from the phone book I suppose...

When was your last vacation?
    How much did you spend on that vacation?
    Did you go with Family or Friends?
    What type of Credit Card do you Use?

I then gave her my mailing address, and email adress and she gave me a code number to remember and the website address www.vacationmoments.com
    The number I was to remember was S-06SV-03

I was told I would be contacted by email in the next 48 hours if I had won, and that I would need that confirmation number.

The date today is March 6 2008 and the time of the call was 7:56 pm.

I should have known better than to give ANY info at all to these people, but I didnt really realize until after the call, and I looked it up on the net. I had a gut feeling that I didnt follow and I should have.

I am very nervous, can they do anything with the info I gave them? (name, address, email addy?) I did not give my credit card number, they didnt ask for that on the phone, but they do know the type of card it is. I am still waiting for my e-mail, I am sure it will be here soon, I just wanted to post this after I read this thread.

I would really appreciate it if someone with a similar experience would contact me,...thanks a lot
    Cindy

NEVER did she say it was a contest and NEVER did she say the word "prize" or "win"

IT said

"hi Mrs _____? My name is felicia ____ from Ramada Plaza Resorts. Each nYear Ramada Plaza Resorts choses and area in Canada (or whatever) and just for answering a couple of quick questions in regards to your vacation habits you can be SELECTED to recieve and florida bahamas vacation OFFER, NOW this will only take a moment out of your time"

QUESTION ONE "when was your last vacation?" (then they prob. ask a couple others ie : did you travel with family? just to make conversation.

2: Are you over the age of 21

3: when u are traveling what type of card do you use vis MC AMEX or discover

4: arae you single married com. law or enguaged..

i can tell you EXACTLY what is said WORD for WORD

and no where does it say its a prize

AND for the RECORD.. in the USA NOTHING IS FREEE!!! if you win the lotto or gamble etc.. there are gambling taxes of something nuts like 30%!!! and here they are offering a FAM TRIP - nottttt a prizeeee

a FAM TRIP is a FAMILIARIZATION TRIP
    its where the sponcors like RAMADA and whichever other company is involved picks up most of the trip expenses(and honestly its a whopping 75%) and the only t hing you have to pay for is a SMALL PROMOTIONAL FEE OF $600 and something bucks. And thats so the people who work fofr the promotion or handle the promotion can get PAID & pay the company phone bills (LONG DISTANCE).. as for flights

NOT included.. sorry people wont do everything for you. do you have any idea how many people ARE SELECTED? since they SELECT people demographically (you were selected demographically, not drawn out of some hat) biut since they are selected that way there are SOOOOOOOOO many people who arae SELECTED (not people who won)

those who are targeted and SELECTED are those who are 21+ (cuz its only valid to you if you are 21+ hense why the Q is asked.) people who are married and with children.

why? cuz its a family oriented trip.

they want you and your kids to tell everyone (_PROMOTION_WORD OF MOUTH) how awesome the trip was. word of mouth is very powerful in this industry!! and in any industry really.

anyway. ramada then survives on whatever money is spent on the resort. just like the other places.

a lil over 600 bucks for 4 people for a trip and a couple bonus trips where you have 18 months to figure out sounds like a good deal!

radisson is offering the same kinda thing right now and its EVEN BETTER..

I just had to get it out.

If you get a call like this listen to every word that is said
    cuz its a known fact that people dont listen to market researchers!
    & the survey is just like 6 questions.. its quick.

Later.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Apeman View Post
    My brother purchased one of these Orlando/Fort Lauderdale/Bahama's cruise/car rental deals from Ramada Plaza Resorts.

He didn't research this and thought it was a great deal. Now it turns out he is unable to go so was very generous and gave it to me for Christmas. However, reading all of these reviews I don't think I want anything to do with it. My vacation time is very valuable to me, and I don't want to risk going on this and have it ruin our holiday

Is there anyway for him to get a refund? I believe he purchased it about 6 months ago, so I am thinking he may be screwed?

next tiem ask if there is a refund policy

cuz there isnt.

no REFUNDS

however

its transferable and EXTENDABLE!!! give they away as gifts or selll them.

the trip is good for 18 months
    you can extend that

they ARE open dated tickets.. just chose your date and youve got months to do so...

chill out, yo.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Allison View Post
    I'm glad I found this website and message board. I also got that exact same phone call from Ramada asking if I would answer a short survey. I don't mind answering surveys so I said sure. I gave them my mailing address and email address but nothing else. I was given a registration # and they told me I'd be contacted again if I won a trip. They did indeed call back the next evening at the same exact time... asking for that registration #. I told them I couldn't find it and they hung up on me. LOL

I also got an email from them but before going to their website, I decided to look it up to see if it was a scam. And then I found this discussion board.

Friggin s eh?!

For me, the red flag came when I asked the girl how she got my name and phone number. She said that I must have recently stayed at a Ramada... which isn't the case. I usually stay at Intercontinental Hotels (Holiday Inn, etc). So anyway... so much for that eh! I just hope they don't call back or send me anything in the mail. At least they don't have my credit card information.
    she messed up. she didnt use her proper rebuttle which would have stated

theres a number of ways and lists that market researches can get your number from, inc. the internet..

and htey are all legal

i cant remember the list names.. bj hunters directory is one of them i think. may have got it a little wrong.

even if you arae on the do not call list it doesnt matter
    do not call lists are not for blocking news paper subscriptions, charities, MARKET RESEARCHERS..

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by PLK70 View Post
    We just returned from one of these vacations. What a nightmare to deal with these people. Glad to hear that they are NOT a part of Ramada. (alajen)
    First of all it wasn't a free vacation by any stretch of the word. Once we got there we had to pay a $12.00 a day ammenities fee. Our room was very outdated and dirty. We had no alarm clock, iron or ironing board and no coffeemaker. As we had gotten in after midnight I asked for these items to be replaced then next morning. We returned late that night and still this had not been done. I called the front desk and security brought us up an old alarm clock and two more trips later I had a coffee maker and iron and board. So the alarm was set for 7 a.m. and went off at 4a.m. The iron leaked when I was using it so I had to turn off the steam. I again asked in the morning for a new clock but to no avail. I ended up using my cell phone alarm.The bathroom had very dirty floors, doors and the paint and wall paper were peeling. I have pictures. The restaurant was another story. Breakfast was buffet style. I had order coffee but it was served to me in a styrofoam cup, I did ask for a mug and the waitress brought me one. I noticed several other people with styrofoam cups too. The next morning again I was given a styrofoam cup. I gave up asking as it was pointless. The morning (our fourth) I got my nice styrofoam cup but noticed that people who had arrived later than us were being given plastic cutlery as they had run out of regular cutlery. Not a "gold key" establishment in my eyes.
    So, we knew that we had to attend a time share presentation. A beautiful resort we drove to as were taken by a representative in her truck to the resort and sat in on the presentation whick took about 2 hours. Then we were shown different purchasing plans we could buy. Once we said no we were not interested then we were told that a gentleman would come over to ask 5 questions and we would be on our way, well.....it was to try to sell us a cheaper version of another time share closer to Disney. We again said we were not interested and they finally let us leave BUT we had to wait for a drive back to the welcome centre and they were not very friendly anymore.
    We then had to head to Fort Lauderdale the next day to pick up our boarding pass for our cruise (thank goodness we upgraded to a Carnival Cruise) we were supposed to return to Fort Lauderdale after our cruise to sit in on another presentation and stay at the Inverray Resort so they asked us for a $40.00 deposit until we got back to ensure we came back for the presentation. Our money would be refunded however we refused as we had already spent more money than was said. Do not fall victim to one of these "fabulous" vacations as it was a nightmare dealing with this scamming company. Just a side note, there is a correctional institution about a block or two from the Ramada Plaza Resort. I found out from the female timeshare presenter that they buy our names from Ramada Plaza resorts. So Ramada plaza resorts reels people in and then sells our names to the vacation time share people for between 400.00 to 600.00 dolllars. Not worth the insanity. I would go through a reputable travel agent. In this day and age there are so many great deals on travel if you take the time to research! Happy travels.

its not time share
    its tier 3

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by ottawagurl View Post
    OK, so I actually went on one of these BUT I went actually doing research and finding out it was a Time Share Vacation thing AFTER my boyfriend paid them 500.00.... But we went on it and had a friggin BLAST! it was seriously the best vacation I ever had that were actually going again this year. We went 2 yrs ago and had 3 nights in 3 different places in florida. We knew we had to go to 2 seminars where they tried to selll us a time share but we just told them we cant afford it and were super nice about it about it. The meetings only lasted an hour and half and the second meeting was optional IF you wanted FREE tickets to orlando? Umm why would you NOT?!?! You get a car for 7 days, mileaged paid for.. a really nice hotel room, and you can friggin drive your ass anywhere you want? Your paything pretty much the same amouth though if you were to go on an all expense paid trip to somewhere hot.. but with this trip we got our own car to go to amazing beach's and orlando, and shopping, etc, etc. we got free tickets to orlando, food IS! included but not drinks or alcohol so bring your own... so yeah - I would MUCH prefer this kind of trip then being stuck in a resort for a week... going to 3 different parts of florida and exploring them was just so much fun. so to the millions and millions of letters and complaints I have read.. you have to KNOw that it is a time share vacation you are going on and you do need to go to 2 seminars - peoople dont know this and it ruins there vacation when they get there cause they think there getting ripped off.... anyways, if any of you have questions you can write to me here.

i work for ramada & radisson
    and now im working on the radisson campaign
    and its even better
    so i hope you get a call from us!!!
    since my name is not disclosed ill give you a sneak peak!
    www.astarfun.com

i just logged onto this website today and ive been fighting back with these ignorant people.

they dont listen! cuz nowhere did we state it was free, a prize, contest, winner etc.

i basically wrote out half of the market research script in reply to someone lol!! i know it off by heart!

anyway im glad you found ramadas trip a lot of fun.. im still on 3 month probation at work so i cant go.. i cant wait to take advantage of the new one we've just launched!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

ps its not time share
    its tier 3.

we dont do timeshare crap.

Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Can you twist the truth anymore Retrochic? I've gotten these calls before and I completely back the other Sc'ers.

Sounds like someones pretty biased that works for them.

I get the calls monthly and i'm ALWAYS told I've won a prize or a contest.

But it makes total sense that you work for them because I bet you fit right in ''yo''

I don't appreciate the rude tone youve used in all your posts so I'm returning the niceness right back at ya.
    Last edited by Sally888; Thu, Mar 12th, 2009 at 12:13 PM.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

i actually worked for one of these places.. and it is a scam.. i know people who worked on the other side of the office where they try to get all your information... and they literally have pages upon pages of ways to avoid answering your questions... and some times when people ask you not to call back they click call back on the phone and thats why the repeat calls keep coming... i had a moral dilemma and had to leave there it just didnt seem right

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

BTW..

zero liability on credit cards
    meaning
    if it is a scam (which it is NOT.. )
    you are not liable for it what so EVER!

for a bunch of adults you guys seem to be pretty damn ignorant and uneducated.

im not even a credit card holder, home owner, im not on the do not call list ETC.. and i know how it works. its called LISTENING!! and learning.

educate yourselfs. open your ears.

ignorance makes me so sick!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

if people say dont call back we are to cick on the do not call list.

if we don't we ARE penalized. everything we do or click or say is recorded and monitored bu ramada (or which ever hotel we are working for.)

if it was a scam itd be shut down long ago. its not that hard. this isnt some crazy nigeria scam carp. besides. people have commented about how theyve been on the trip and how they liked it.

i am a mother. a wife. and i have a lovely home. i'm a student right in the middle of career studies. why would i give that up on working for a company whos only interest is fraud.

seriously.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information