User Tag List

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Expired
    Not sure if this is in the right section, so please move if needed, thanks.

I've been told by about 4 different cashiers at WM over the past few months that we do not have to have the competitors flyer with us when PM, we simply have to tell the cashier what the price is. The cashier I had yesterday was quite insistent and repeated it a few times. Imade a comment to the effect what if I happen to know the sale price of an item at the competitor but it isn't a flyer advertized sale price...I could potentially just pick up that item at WM and tell the cashier the price to match? she didn't really have a comment or answer and I left forgetting to go check with CS about this.

Has anyone else been told or heard about the fact that you do not have to have the flyer to present the cashier when PM but simply can tell them the price to match???
    I'm curious.
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Trading Score
    297 (100%)

I tried to PM at WM for Tenderflake that NF had on sale but was not in the flyer & they would NOT give it to me! I always bring my flyers with me...so not sure, but good question...

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    11 (100%)

i have never price matched at walmart.But at zellers you have to have a flyer not even internet printed flyer.It works out very well for me as zellers is 5 mins walk from my home and i get hbc points plus i get 10% off.
    I am getting gift card just for searching on swagbucks $235 till now
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/humair
    The best survey site everhave recived $50 cheque from them.http://OpinionOutpost.com/join/8174463
    send me pm so that I could send tips to earn fast and free money!!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

It has always been my understanding that you have to have the flyer with you.

kelly

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

when i did price match at WM, i had the flyer with me and she kept it
    Thank's to DH who told me the grumpy Garfield was not at all representative of who i am

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by frugal_gal View Post
    Not sure if this is in the right section, so please move if needed, thanks.

I've been told by about 4 different cashiers at WM over the past few months that we do not have to have the competitors flyer with us when PM, we simply have to tell the cashier what the price is. The cashier I had yesterday was quite insistent and repeated it a few times. Imade a comment to the effect what if I happen to know the sale price of an item at the competitor but it isn't a flyer advertized sale price...I could potentially just pick up that item at WM and tell the cashier the price to match? she didn't really have a comment or answer and I left forgetting to go check with CS about this.

Has anyone else been told or heard about the fact that you do not have to have the flyer to present the cashier when PM but simply can tell them the price to match???
    I'm curious.
    I think you would have to show the competitors flyer at Walmart to PM.Anyone could tell a cashier any price for anything they bought.For example I could claim Herbal Essences shampoo was $0.99 at Shoppers Drug Mart to PM at Walmart when at Shoppers Drug Mart it was actually $2.99.A cashier should want and need proof of a competitors price to PM.
    Last edited by Poirot; Wed, Oct 28th, 2009 at 03:40 PM.

Trading Score
    124 (100%)

I tried to pm at Zellers one time and the cashier asked me if I still need the flyer so I replied yes. She got a pair of scissors out and started to cut the flyer out (just the product the she's pm-ing). I just froze and was like "huh?" another cashier saw that and told her she didn't have to cut the flyer out but she insisted that she was told she has to cut the flyer.

Don't know, maybe each cashier makes up their own rules as they go.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

You definitely do need a flyer to price match at WM - and it's unnecessary for them to keep the flyer.
    They may insist, but if you want to keep the flyer, you can keep it.
    When they're overriding the price to match the flyer, the cashier has to input why the price is being changed and one of the reasons is a competitor's price.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thanks for the replies and I agree with everyone. Makes sense to me that I should at the very least have the competitor's flyer with me if I want to price match.
    I was just curious as yesterday the cashier was really making a point of letting me know I didn't have to have the flyer but simply could tell the cashier the price. I jsut thought I'd ask because this was not the first time a cashier at WM was informing me of this; and by the way they were providing me with that info spontaneously and without my bringing up the topic of flyers at all.

As for cashiers taking flyer or cutting out PM item ad that has happened to me once. I PMed twice at RCSS (they price match on certain items; read fine print on side of flyer for details) and on one occasion the CS cashier wanted to keep my flyer; I told her I wanted it back so she said she had to cut the ad out to keep; I was a bit bummed b/c I could have used the flyer and possibly PM at WM later that week if I had more coupons. At WM no one has ever asked to keep my flyer or cut out ads. I have yet to PM at Zellers so have no idea what cashiers there do.

Trading Score
    48 (100%)

The last time I price matched at Walmart I was told they didn't need to *keep* the flyer anymore... that we could just show it and then keep it.

Anyone know if Walmart will price match printed flyers? I tried asking customer service (phoned) and after getting an uncertain answer and being on hold for 30 minutes I just hung up.
    I'm always open to trading for pet product coupons (especially free products and high value coupons) - I donate these items to shelters and rescue groups.
    My motivation - My Dog. Read his story here: www.freewebs.com/michelle_and_dinglehopper

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Purdee View Post
    I tried to pm at Zellers one time and the cashier asked me if I still need the flyer so I replied yes. She got a pair of scissors out and started to cut the flyer out (just the product the she's pm-ing). I just froze and was like "huh?" another cashier saw that and told her she didn't have to cut the flyer out but she insisted that she was told she has to cut the flyer.

Don't know, maybe each cashier makes up their own rules as they go.
    At my nearest Zellers, they are also inconsistent with keeping (cutting of course) or not keeping the flyer. Recently however, they just need to see the flyer to verify the price and then return the flyer to me. I am so curious because how can they be sure that the price that the cashier entered is the competitor's price to match without a black and white proof. Even when they cut out the picture and price from the flyer, I am also curious because how can they verify later that the price is from which competitor and for which duration of promotion?

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Most retailers keep a copy of the weekly flyers on hand so that if they do price match, they have that information available to them.
    Doesn't mean you don't have to bring your flyer in to price match, just means that they do have ways to resolve the issue of an expired promotion or an incorrect price if it arises.

WM should price match any printed ad as long as the item (type and size) and date that you are price matching are clear in the ad.
    Their signage behind the customer service desk is 'Satisfaction Guaranteed' and they need to stand by that.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Stopped at the WM SC desk and asked if in fact what I had been told by a handful of cashiers was true. I was told that in fact you did not have to show/have the competitor's flyer with you but simply could tell the cashier the competitor's price; if the price seems unreasonably lower than WM then the cashier may/will call the manager who then will have to look into it.
    That being said the CS cashier indicated that her preference is that the customer has the flyer to show but it is not required that you do.
    I did not ask about the fact that this could potentially open the door to ppl quoting instore sale prices that might not necessarily be in the flyer when PM at WM and how could they verify that.

Thread Information