User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Trading Score
    71 (100%)

Expired
    To reach the Shoppers Optimum Plus, you have to have 10000 regular points, right?

Does that mean you have to spend $1000 dollars without bonus points, or transferred points?
    This thread is currently associated with: Pharmaprix, Shoppers Drug Mart
    I Love you; not for what you are, but for what I am when I am with you.

Tradelist: http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/102892-...t-12th-canada/

Trading Score
    194 (100%)

yes. but you can also buy $500 in sdm gift cards, then use that GC to buy $500 of stuff at sdm - basically getting double the base points!
    Want Amazon.ca or other gift cards? Join Swagbucks and Irazoo! $515 redeemed to date.

My blog: http://seapotato.blogspot.com/

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

isn't it 75,000 pts?
    SWAGBUCKS ---- Want to earn FREE Gift Cards for searching the web?
    JOIN Swagbucks FREE Join me in earning Amazon Giftcards

Trading Score
    194 (100%)

75,000 pts is just the maximum redemption level.

to be a Plus member, you have to earn 10,000 regular pts (spending $1000). Then when you redeem 75,000 pts, you get 10,000 pts back!!
    Want Amazon.ca or other gift cards? Join Swagbucks and Irazoo! $515 redeemed to date.

My blog: http://seapotato.blogspot.com/

Blessed with 4 children
    Trading Score
    347 (100%)

Is the Plus program in the west only? Or is it nationwide?

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by IRefuseToPayFullPrice View Post
    Is the Plus program in the west only? Or is it nationwide?
    nation wide at Pharmaprix and Shoppers Drug Mart

Trading Score
    726 (100%)

I'm confused. I only have 61,000 points and it says that I just need 4000 points to become a plus member on my last receipt.

My DH bought me a 100 GC and used the optimum card. Do I get more optimum points when I redeem the GC?

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by bargain_hunter_lola View Post
    I'm confused. I only have 61,000 points and it says that I just need 4000 points to become a plus member on my last receipt.

My DH bought me a 100 GC and used the optimum card. Do I get more optimum points when I redeem the GC?
    You do get points when you redeem your GC too.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by bargain_hunter_lola View Post

Yes, you will get points AGAIN when you spend the GC that DH bought you.

It is possible to have 61,000 points and need 4,000 to be a Plus member. Those 61,000 points are probably mostly BONUS points (which don't count towards Plus status)

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Poirot View Post
    You do get points when you redeem your GC too.
    Spend $400 in Shoppers GC's and merchandise before December 31,2009 then you have Plus status for 2010.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

do you think i will set myself for failure if I ask to put $400 on a gift card? ...do you think they will speculate something? will i get looked at?

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by sampler View Post
    do you think i will set myself for failure if I ask to put $400 on a gift card? ...do you think they will speculate something? will i get looked at?
    I think the maximum you can put on a gift card is $200 so buy two gift cards and put $200 on each gift card.

Trading Score
    394 (100%)

Make sure that the SDM Optimum points program serves YOUR needs more than SDM. They've concocted an amazing points program that is full of little pitfalls and hooks.

They won't steal your money but they will try to get you to spend it, of course. There's a lot of last minute eagerness to achieve PLUS status either before the next bonus redemption day or at least by the deadline at the end of the year. If you're buying merchandise to get PLUS status, is it stuff you would normally be buying? One way of avoiding being buffaloed into buying a lot of stuff is to just buy the SDM gift cards and rack up the regular points you need that way. It would require a bit of a cash layout but your "money" will always be there on the card waiting for the RIGHT time to be spent. And you can take up to a year to use a SDM gift card before they might start to assess some small service charges (depending on local laws).

I learned my lesson a couple of years ago that the easiest way to get to PLUS status is to plan ahead and consistently buy and use the SDM giftcards right from the beginning of the year. Then, you'd only need to spend an average of $9.62 each week to achieve PLUS status that will be good to the end of the next year. I'm as eager as anyone to get more points but I can't tell you how many times I've refused to give in to temptation and said no to yet another bonus points event because it just didn't make sense for me.
    Last edited by mcminsen; Sun, Nov 1st, 2009 at 09:44 PM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by mcminsen View Post
    One way of avoiding being buffaloed into buying a lot of stuff is to just buy the SDM gift cards and rack up the regular points you need that way. It would require a bit of a cash layout but your "money" will always be there on the card waiting for the RIGHT time to be spent. And you can take up to a year to use a SDM gift card before they start to assess some small service charges.

If I understand, you have 1 year to use up the gift card?

Hard to take advantage of bonus days, etc as I don't buy enough at once to get the extra points; I'd end up spending money on stuff I don't need or want just to reach the minimum required to spend to get points. But getting a GC for say $50 to earn bonus points this Tues/Wed and then use that card over whatever time frame would make total sense for me. Earn a few extra points on occasion to add to the few regular points I get when I need something at SDM.

Trading Score
    394 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sampler View Post
    They should be DELIGHTED to take as much of your money as you want to give them for giftcards. You know what they do with all this advance cash they get? They put it all in a big account somewhere and make a heap on interest on it!

Some cashiers don't know how to put extra money on a card and it can be a bit of a hassle, so another option is to just buy four $100 SDM gift cards.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information