User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by mcminsen View Post
    The SDM gift card is an "electronic gift card" (funny old terminology, isn't it?) and it's not one of the things you can buy to get the BONUS points.

But let's not confuse these two separate transactions:

-buy a SDM gift card and get regular points (that helps get you to PLUS status) and you can use it whenever you have to pay for anything at SDM (it's as good as cash)

-the USE of a SDM gift card to pay for your bonus points deal purchasing is fine.

It's the PURCHASING of any electronic gift card that is (usually) excluded from the bonus points deals. Capiche?

Thanks so much! I'm a little slow catching on to this Optimum points thing but I think I get it now! lol
    I am now equipped with the information and knowledge I need to make the most points with the few dollars I seem to spend each shopping trip at SDM. Then I'll just keep my eyes peeled for the bonus redemption days to treat myself to a something special!

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I was in Shoppers today and tried to buy a Chapters gift card with a SDM card and they wouldn't let me. That is the first time that has happened to me. I told the cashier that I had done it before. She just shrugged and asked if I wanted the card or not.

Don't know if it is just this store or a change to the program. Will try again with a different cashier another time

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Alberta_Girl View Post
    I was in Shoppers today and tried to buy a Chapters gift card with a SDM card and they wouldn't let me. That is the first time that has happened to me. I told the cashier that I had done it before. She just shrugged and asked if I wanted the card or not.

Don't know if it is just this store or a change to the program. Will try again with a different cashier another time
    Maybe buy another item when you buy the Chapters gift card with the Shoppers gift card they can hardly refuse a sale then.

Trading Score
    394 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Alberta_Girl View Post

Please let us know how it goes. Just as we think we've got some idea on what you can or can't do and then maybe they're changing. Could just be that store or that cashier.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    170 (100%)

I know that the one time they wanted to refuse me the cashier finally tried it and the system let her do it. She had refused because she figured that the system would not allow her to do it.

I say try again another time. I sure hope they have not changed it because I want to do that with a few of the SDM car i bought before.

Does anyone know if we can pay for things at the SDM homehealth stores with the shopper gift cards?
    Swagbucks- http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/mom2teens

Carrot Rewards Promo Code: kerryj6770

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information