User Tag List

Trading Score
    41 (96%)

I'm from Ontario so when the offers of other members who would shop at LD for me was very appealing.
    I had a very smooth experience and think that both they and myself have benefited from it.

I do however hear a lot about other members who also would like the items purchased for themselves, and yes willing to pay postage, but hesitant when it comes time to pay for their time. I like to treat it as a work environment. If you go to work, you get a paycheque for your time and effort. This should also apply to the kind people offering to shop for us. It is their gas, their time, and their effort. Not just buying and mailing.

Sorry if I'm being rude about it, but I don't want honest people such as who I dealt with in my trade to go sour, or disuade them from providing this service.

Please be kind, and pay for the time.
    This thread is currently associated with: London Drugs
    Everything is Possible

Trading Score
    32 (100%)

I am sure if they wanted something for their work they would probably ask.
    Last edited by Meg1112; Tue, Nov 3rd, 2009 at 07:17 PM.

Trading Score
    41 (96%)

Quote Originally Posted by Meg1112 View Post
    I am sure if they wanted something for their work they would probably ask.
    From the gossip trail....they do ask to be compensated and get a NO, after the purchases are made on their behalf. Although you are correct in one way. The person should dictate the price for their time before beginning the transaction
    Everything is Possible

Hmmmmm
    Trading Score
    63 (100%)

This is actually an occupation, it's called a professional shopper. For something like this where someone is going out of their way for you, I personally think you (general "you") should be considering giving them something for their time and effort, preferably arranged before any shopping is done.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

common courtesy should prevail, greedy-pants shouldn't get rewarded
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

Personally I wouldn't pay someone to shop for me this way. Not that people don't deserve to be compensated, but I enjoy the shopping part myself!

I wouldn't want to pay money only to lose the thrill of the bargain chase! The brags! The deals! Not nearly as much fun to say, hey, look what someone bought me when I sent them money!

Z

smartmama
    Trading Score
    82 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sandiecoop1 View Post
    I'm from Ontario so when the offers of other members who would shop at LD for me was very appealing.
    I had a very smooth experience and think that both they and myself have benefited from it.

I do however hear a lot about other members who also would like the items purchased for themselves, and yes willing to pay postage, but hesitant when it comes time to pay for their time. I like to treat it as a work environment. If you go to work, you get a paycheque for your time and effort. This should also apply to the kind people offering to shop for us. It is their gas, their time, and their effort. Not just buying and mailing.

Sorry if I'm being rude about it, but I don't want honest people such as who I dealt with in my trade to go sour, or disuade them from providing this service.

Please be kind, and pay for the time.

This is news to me. Is it really worth having someone buy something at LD plus pay the shipping, etc?

Trading Score
    32 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by smartmama View Post
    This is news to me. Is it really worth having someone buy something at LD plus pay the shipping, etc?

Good points. It wouldnt be a great deal then?

Trading Score
    52 (100%)

If someone is willing to go to the trouble and time to go shopping on your behalf, then I definitely think they should get paid for it. I used to live in Nunavut and used a service that someone in Ontario would shop for me and mail up a box of goodies every few months. It was worth it to me. Its an individual choice - if you want to pay for that kind of service - go for it. I wouldn't expect anyone (unless they were a personal friend) to go to that kind of trouble to shop for me, box it up, mail it for free!?

Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

In the same argument though Smart Canucks members aren't really spose too be transferring monies either.

If someone offered to stack for me great, but I would not pay for it as this is not a business, and well it wouldnt make it worthwhile to me. 5 bucks for gas or somemthing..that would be the highest I'd ever ever go (plus the cost to ship)
    Last edited by Sally888; Fri, Nov 6th, 2009 at 12:23 PM.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

At the moment SC does not support the exchange of money in trades due to the complexities associated with having to manage something like that. However I have been thinking of how we can have a more professional system that supports these kinds of transactions... it's not easy but it's possible.

That being said, in this case (not for other coupon-to-coupon trades) if the shopper is expecting to be compensated for their gas and time they need to make that clear BEFORE the deal is initiated.

They need to clearly say "I want to be compensated $x for my gas and time"
    Otherwise they shouldn't be expecting anything.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    10 (100%)

I decided against it when I had discussed doing this. They didn't say a set amount but stated that they wanted to be paid or have a GC for their troubles.
    It just really wasn't worth it to me for how little I actually wanted.

I was more than willing to send extra coupons including some free products but they didn't want that.

Just Jez
    Trading Score
    586 (100%)

I have done these but look at it as a trade...I am shopping p'm, stacking ect and in return for doing this am getting a g.c or stamps or coupons from my wishlist....everything has been very smooth for the most part..only had 1 hiccup that has been resolved....generally ppl are paying taxes(I pay first) and shipping(I pay first) so they are pretty much reimbursing me...most of the trades ppl are still after taxes and shipping($12-$15) still saving $150 plus by me stacking for them one person after her expenses(approx $30) still saved almost $300 I really don't see it as a business to me it is a trade I get stamps,g.c or hv coupons ...they get the items they want....

Just Jez
    Trading Score
    586 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sarajk View Post
    I decided against it when I had discussed doing this. They didn't say a set amount but stated that they wanted to be paid or have a GC for their troubles.
    It just really wasn't worth it to me for how little I actually wanted.

I was more than willing to send extra coupons including some free products but they didn't want that.
    just wanted to clarify for ppl reading this thread this was not with me but another member....

Thread Information