User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Do we have the official word on the RCSS/Loblaw's coupon policy? I tried to use an in store coupon and a manufacturers coupon today to buy more of the Melitta coffee and the cashier said I could only use one on each can. Then when I said I didn't want the coffee then she didn't know how to remove them from my transaction because she had put in the in store coupons already. So I just paid for the coffee but I'll probably go back and return it tomorrow. I asked at customer service and she also said, no I could only use one. I've emailed RCSS to see what they come back with but I'm curious if anyone else knows for sure?

Thanks

I have received a response back from Customer Serivce West for Loblaws and we are allowed to use an instore coupon and a manufacturers coupon on an item as long as it does not exceed the value of the item. See below for full response. I can forward it to anyone who wants to print it off and carry it around as I intend to do!!

Thank you for taking the time to write to us regarding our coupon policy.

We currently do not have our coupon policy listed on our websites, however, essentially, a customer may use more than one manufacturer's coupon up to but not exceeding the retail price of the item only if the coupon does not state limit one coupon per purchase. In the event the coupon states something along the lines of “buy xx save $xx.xx” and does not indicate any limits, one coupon needs to be presented for each of the number of units indicated on the coupon to obtain the savings indicated. Also, where a retailer accepts a manufacturer's discount coupon for taxable goods purchased, tax is payable by the customer on the full price of the item unless the coupon entitles the customer to a free product.
    Both a manufacturer and an in store coupon may be applied to an item - however, the combined value cannot exceed the retail price. (i.e. the customer cannot receive cash in return).
    Online coupons should be accepted (as long as the coupon indicates the retailer will be reimbursed); the only time an online coupon is not accepted if there is communication sent regarding possible fraudulent coupons. Please note coupons that are photocopies are not accepted.
    Ms Roberts, if I can be of further assistance, please let me know and I will be more than happy to help you.
    Sincerely,

Geraldine Kearns
    Sr. Customer Relations Representative, LCL Customer Relations, Central Operations
    Loblaw Companies Limited<!-- / message -->
    This thread is currently associated with: Loblaws, Real Canadian Superstore RCSS
    Last edited by macgilma; Mon, Nov 9th, 2009 at 05:03 PM. Reason: Update

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I used both instore coupon as well as manufactures coupon last week @ Westwinds super store, no issues, maybe the cashier was on a power trip

Trading Score
    9 (100%)

I used the instore and the mfg coupons successfully, at the Prince George RCSS, as did two of my gf's who i told about the deal and we each purchased 6 tins.

Stacking ninja....Hija!!! nottinkerbell's Avatar
    Trading Score
    117 (100%)

I bought 10 cans last week at rcss. I stopped at CS on my way in to double check and the CS manager was there and said yes u can use both together. So I got my 10 cans and when I went thru the till the cashier said I could only use one. Luckily I had stopped on the way in so I was able to refer her to the CS manager. I would try again with a different cashier and check with CS first.

Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I had to have the cashier call the supervisor so I could use both coupons. The cashier was refusing to put both in. The supervisor had no problem with both being used. I think checkmate786 is right, your cashier was on a power trip.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    140 (100%)

my superstore here in Chatham, ON NEVER lets us coupon stack...I've tried lots of times & always get a really snotty response

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

I know, when they mostly did the diaper coupons, I never batted my eyes in letting people use both, but now that they have more products, I don't know, they've never said anything to us about it, and no one ever tried it on me while I was a cashier...so...I don't know? try and send an email to "[email protected]" they respond to every email within 7 days.

cheryls
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I've been using instore & manufacturers coupons together for years at superstore .. unless it's different from province to province I don't know why those cashiers are not letting you do it

Trading Score
    118 (100%)

Don't you have self checkouts? Go thru that and input all coupons yourself... and then it says hand your coupons to the attendent... usually have so much going on they won't want to go thru a stack of coupons to make sure they are all useable, lol.

Trading Score
    194 (100%)

at the self checkouts at the superstores over here, we aren't able to enter the coupons ourselves. the machine just tells you to wait for the attendant, she comes and collects your coupons then punches them in at her own computer thing.

Quote Originally Posted by SmackUTwice View Post
    Don't you have self checkouts? Go thru that and input all coupons yourself... and then it says hand your coupons to the attendent... usually have so much going on they won't want to go thru a stack of coupons to make sure they are all useable, lol.
    Want Amazon.ca or other gift cards? Join Swagbucks and Irazoo! $515 redeemed to date.

My blog: http://seapotato.blogspot.com/

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

What location did you have a problem at?? I use them all the time no problem.

Trading Score
    47 (100%)

Superstore here allows both instore and mfc. Extra Foods, at both locations had to ask their manager and both managers let me use them. Once the cashier knows that it is ok, I tell them to spread the word. Obviously they do not inform the cashiers of the policy until a customer asks about it.
    I LUV COUPONS

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    28 (100%)

I think it is all about the cashier. Last night I could not use my coupon on th St. Ives small bottle. Even though I used it the week before.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

At the Superstore here , I use the self checkout. First time I used and instore coupon, the cashier told me to push the 'super bucks ' button then scan the coupon. Works perfectly.

Trading Score
    118 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by seapotato View Post
    at the self checkouts at the superstores over here, we aren't able to enter the coupons ourselves. the machine just tells you to wait for the attendant, she comes and collects your coupons then punches them in at her own computer thing.
    Oh! Weird. At any store I've seen self checkouts at, that is what they do... except RCSS! So I thought maybe they were different, and more effeicent than the rest, haha. Guess that differs store to store too! Most self check outs bug me, but my RCSS ones, I really don't mind.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information