User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Trading Score
    252 (100%)

Thanks for the give away.
    About me: I'm a young girl, single no children, trying to get further in life by using coupons to save. I work at a nursing home taking care of the old ladies, mostly on the night shift due to two car accidents which prevent me from doing heavy lifting on days.

I go out often, and because I live and dream coupons I always have them with me when I shop. I noticed a lady in the line up. ( an old lady at that ) who was buying many .. I mean almost every item .. that I had coupons for..
    so here I go start pulling out my coupon book trying to get all the coupons she had items for in time to give it to her before the cashier was ready to take her money.
    I ended up saving this lady over $30 bucks with the coupons. she was so happy.. she started asking me how I started this business.. LOL i said its not a business. I just trade online with others.. and find coupons when I am out.. and if I can give them away and help others I will.. which i did, she tried to say NO NO what if need them. I said oo no I have lots and i can share with you don't worry.. anyhow it made her day. and I was actually happy to be able to give away to others

I do it quite often. I did it once at a doctors office too
    It was packed I was not feeling so HOT, but I went in to see a doctor at a walk-in clinic. I was with my younger sister, she even helps me coupon search, we saw many magazines in the waiting area, i said to her .. lets look so we started to search .. ofcourse its 9am on FLU day.. ( recently ) and it was packed at least 20 people in the doctor's office. so I am going through the magazines trying to find coupons, ( i ofcourse have my coupons with me because this walk-in clinic was in the RCSS ) so I had to shop after just in case there were deals.
    so i am going through them and my sister said you really are crazy.. and people start asking me if all those books.. ( all 5 of them are full of coupons ) I am like oo YEAH..
    and then one lady saids I need cough syrup so badly do u actually have any coupons for it.. LOL ofcourse.. so the next thing u know i have a few different people asking me for coupons.. so I am going through my coupon booklet giving away coupons to everyone.. AGAIN another great day..

i even got stopped in the isle afterwards by a shy young guy asking if i had a coupon for condoms.. LOL.. I did too!!

too funny.. anyhow those are my stories

If i did get these coupons. I would keep ones that I dont have and add to my collection so I can give away Randomly to others and share my happiness by doing so

and some I would give away in a draw on one of my recent trains.. well my first train that was taken.. by one BAD sc'er..

thanks for reading!
    I really need 8 Dempsters PINS will need until FEB 15 and will trade for G.C $5 your choice where

Trading Score
    86 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by bargainlover84 View Post
    My 3.5 year old daughter has started to ask me how much everything costs lately. When we went to zellers today to pick up some of the 50% off glade scented oil tins she of course asked me how much it was. I told her they were free with the $2 off coupons.

She pats me on the leg, says "good job mommy now can I have christmas barbie cause you got it for free".

I thought it was amusing.

My 3 year old is obsessed with coupons (like mommy like daughter!) She gets to hold the coupons when we shop. She also gets to keep the expired ones (and those marked VOID that come from save.ca!). Well one day, we go to pay. One of the coupons is for popsicles and has a picture of Dora popsicles on it. My daughter screamed bloody murder!! Oh lord you thought we were torturing her. The reason- I gave the coupon to the cashier!!! She didn't care about the popsicles, but thought she'd hit the mother load with a Dora coupon! I had to take the coupon back and buy the popsicles without a coupon! I couldn't take away her "Dowa kupan"!
    You just proved Signature Advertising works!

Earn FREE money just by searching! Ask me how to get a $5GC using my referral.
    Get $10 off $40 for new customers at well.ca using the code springhascome

Trading Score
    86 (100%)

Some of these stories are absolutely hilarious!

Totally awesome contest! Thanks for the laughs!
    You just proved Signature Advertising works!

Earn FREE money just by searching! Ask me how to get a $5GC using my referral.
    Get $10 off $40 for new customers at well.ca using the code springhascome

Trading Score
    31 (100%)

Well--a while back I went to Walmart and as I was going through the check out the cashier said, "You have A LOT of coupons here! Are you that coupon lady from t.v?" I had to chuckle as I did have like 20 coupons and saved about $100. Really though, how many ppl use coupons...lol...I just thought it was cute how he thought I was that 'one coupon lady' that WM interviewed here in Winnipeg-I said, nope not me but maybe I should be her sister! He laughed and then the lady behind me pulled out a $3 Febreze coupon and said to me hey, maybe you can use this because I don't like Febreze and have been looking for someone to give it to! LOL and now everytime the guy sees me he laughs and says hi WM coupon lady!
    SC's Nurse

Trading Score
    202 (100%)

My story isn't so much on using coupons, but trying to find them. We live in a small town, not a coupon to be found unless in a magazine or smart source. When I first started with coupons, folks laughed at me, but now I have spies searching. The older lady who recycles in town will go thru all the paper in folks bluebins and digs me out the smart source, my brother who's 45 lives in a larger town scans the aisles while shopping, and a gal I know grabs them from another area. One day the hubby comes home proud as a peacock and throw down this wad of coupons, I said where did you find those? He just smiles and says, "The Beer Store where else"? So finally at the post office the two wonderful ladies that work in there started getting questioning about all my envies and little boxes that show up. The one at first was Wow this is great while the other thought, ya okay. Until the other day, I had 3 large envies and a P & G box in the mail. So she asked me, "Do you really save that much"? So I opened them up tho show her, we now have 2 new lurkers here on SC, who are now passing tips on to me of there finds. They have even asked me to get more coupons, when I asked why? They said, " Your the reason we can keep a part timer employed, lol."

Thanks for the stories on here they have been wonderful. I would raok the coupons to others, and start 2 bundles up for the ladies at my post office.

Tjeni
    Trading Score
    39 (98%)

My story...maybe not funny...but sure made me proud...
    I also live in a small town and have to travel around 50 km to go shopping so sometimes I'll carpool with my SIL's.
    About a month ago, on a shopping trip, my SIL and I went to SDM to get a few sale items. I had about 8 coupon items and wanted to pick up the Pringles that were on sale. I had a few of the B2G1 and B3Get Stix so I naturally handed a few coupons to my SIL explaining that I intended to use both coupons as neither coupon said "Cannot be combined with any other offer". When we got to the till there were a few people behind us in line. I was rung through (had to dicuss the coupon combinationn offer with the cashier) and then my SIL. When we got to our vehicle, she chuckled a bit and said that the guy in the line behind us had asked us whether we were reps with a company. I think I hooked my SIL on coupons then.....

BTW... I did end up getting this deal... I had two sets of coupons
    4 Pringles @ .99
    B2G1 = Free
    B3Get Stix
    = 6 Pringles + 2 Stix for $4.00

Trading Score
    186 (100%)

I don't know if you anyone will think my story is funny, but here goes....

My life is really like "MY BIG FAT GREEK WEDDING"...
    Recently after moving back from Croatia last year (we were gone for 12 yrs out of Canada, and I left single and came back married with 3 kids and 1 in the belly), my husband and I (he is from Nova Scotia, we met in Vancouver, and he moved to croatia to be with me and learned the language.....so anyways...when we finally decided to move back, we thought " where is the best place to move to, to make it easier on ourselves in the beginning with all the adjustment we will have to do????" and of course the answer was RIGHT NEXT DOOR TO MY PARENTS IN THEIR DUPLEX!!!

WHY WOULD WE DO SUCH A CRAZY THING!!????
    Well the answer was that I was about to have my 4th baby, and my husband had to go up to Fort McMurray to work 10 days in and then fly home for 4 days and go up for 10 days again...thats how it has been for 1 yr and he will probably do that for another 5 yrs... (don't tell him, but sometimes it's great ....makes the heart grow fonder LOL

So here we are, 1 yr after moving back from Croatia, my DH and I, with our 4 kiddlings live next door to my parents house! I love my parents, they really would give the world to me.
    They are exactly like those parents you saw in MY BIG FAT GREEK WEDDING....only they are Croatian. They think Moonshine (70% alcohol) will cure everything!!
    30 yrs later, They speak Boken Inglish to dis dey....

Ok, so here is really my story.
    Around May-ish i joined SC. At first it was my little dirty secret.. LOL!!
    then i started figuring out all these little things I can do to save...
    i couldnt help myself, i was spending so much time on here and reading and reading ....then the LD stacking thing started happening and then I was on a roll!!!
    Since my parents were next door, my mom offered to make dinner everyday for us, and I offered to buy the groceries....and thats what we have been doing since last yr...works out well...she thinks she is the best cook and...she really is...and my dad complains about my lasagne versus my moms....

so, when i started coming home with FREE things....(I think my first few items were SCOPS and 4roll Majesta)...
    MY DAD SAID "GO! GO!! get doze kupon avay from me!! dat iz no good!!! DEY TRIK U IN VEY ND DEY MAKEA U BUY AMOREA ZTUFF!!! GO! STOP-A UZING DOZE KUPNS!

my MOM said " I live in kanada for 30 yirz and I NEVR UZE KUPONS INZ MY LIFA AND NOW U UZE KUPONS, NO DATZ A TRIK END DEY MAKE U BUY MORE SO U UZE MORE MONEZ!"

so i didnt even bother getting into it with them...
    i still brought over the free toilet paper rolls and toothpaste and shreddies (My dads favorite!! ) and in the beginning i noticed they would just look at the stuff on the counter in the kitchen like it was poison...and then a few days later (YES! they would leave it on the counter for a few days) i noticed they put it away.....

when my husband started bragging to them I was saving in the 100's, my mom would non-chalantly come around and ask if she could "BORROWZ some olivia oil"?
    and I said, yes of course! here is my olivia oil that i got for $1 at LD! and she just looked at me, and came back later and asked if i had any pasta? and I would said, yes of course i had pasta, i got it for FREE!

she came back the next day and said "D U HAZ ANY KUPONS FOR MY FACE-A KREMA??

so low and be hold....my parents have switched over from believing coupons are part of a devil worshiping cult......to de kupons r-a good ding!

AND my poor dad (who has been a painter his whole life in canada) was laid off in february. he would buy his favorite shreddies jumbo box for $7!!! and when i told him he can get the same amount of cereal for $2 with coupons! he nearly fell off his chair....but he said "gud gud, du it then, vat r-a u veyting for!?" LOL

so, I hope u liked my story.
    I need these coupons to feed the family (literally, the whole family Buba and Dido (gramma and grampa), both are not working...so coupons make life easier....and help out with things around here financially...dh got laid off and went back to school in august and still looking for a job....( i think everyone secretly is so happy i found SC and have been able to save us so much money ) ..
    I dont plan on keeping everything to myself and regularily RAOK I love sharing

thanks for reading my story. i hope u enjoy it
    Everyone's stories on here are so funny and awesome!!
    Last edited by Sandra4; Sun, Nov 8th, 2009 at 09:19 PM.

Trading Score
    11 (100%)

only one day left!

Trading Score
    11 (100%)

TWENTY entries so far!!! You guys are so awesome! I'm loving these stories

Trading Score
    16 (94%)

I really am new to this and the last six months have been very funny indeed. But all laughs aside, I just can't help but think about all that $$$$ I wasted paying full price on anything! That is what boggles my mind! I came across this whole "coupon" thing while I was investigating ways to save money, how to become frugal. I am divorced with three teenagers, so learning how to save money was a necessity, not a hobby.

I guess the funniest thing is when I find more coupons, or get more in the mail. My kids and friends laugh at me! They say I am like a kid with a new toy. I am sure I am giggling maniacally while twiddling my fingers saying "excellent" to myself. I spend time cutting, organizing, re-organizing, and checking out sales. although this whole thing started as a necessity, it has certainly become one of the most enjoyable hobbies I have ever done!

My kids ask why do you spend so much time doing this? and I tell them "Well, some people play dungeons and dragons, some play video games, but mommy likes to play the coupon game!"

Trading Score
    132 (100%)

I think I deserve these coupons so bad since I managed to contain myself during the following story:

I went to pick up my 8 years old at Sunday school today. They had been doing some collage. Guess what they were using as cardboard?????

You will never guess!!! Cereal boxes ..... with all the $2 coupons behind! I could not believe it. I am not sure how many there were but I saw at least three complete pages of the $2 coupons. That is $30 worth of FREE stuff since you can get most of the products for $2 each during sales. I would have liked to get my hands on them but as there was other parents around and some kids were ready to cut into the cardboard I had to contain myself and look away. Broke my heart!!

Trading Score
    11 (100%)

UPDATE!!!!

I just reorganized my coupons and decided that....I have more to give away, $275 worth more! So here's the deal:

First place winner= +$300 envie (this baby is heavy!)
    Second place winner = $130 envie
    Third place winner= $68 envie

PLUS

THREE honourable mentions!! valued at $31, $27 & $17, accordingly.

BUAHAHAA!!! Giving away coupons is fun, so keep these stories coming, they are so funny! Don't forget you only have ONE more day left

Trading Score
    187 (100%)

OK, here's my story

I work in a daycare in a very needy area, and have set up a table with coupons for the children's parents. I often tell the parents about deals I find here, leave flyers, and explain how they can use their coupons for extra savings.

Well I know the children can see and hear me speak to thier parents, but I usually don't think they care what we're talking about. These are 3,4, and 5 yr olds.

About 2 weeks ago during 'Show & Tell' one little guy brought his back pack to the circle time area. When it was his turn to 'show', he reached into his bag and.... pulled out a handfull of coupons, and told the group "these are my coupons, and my mommy is going to buy these things for me".

My co-workers and I laughed so hard we were crying!! He had been listening to our coupon conversations.

The next week, another child brought a grocery store flyer for 'show &tell', and said "look chips are on sale", (It wasn't chips, it was mozerella cheese slices).

My staff and I think we have created coupon monsters!!!!!

Trading Score
    11 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by luisa_101 View Post
    ok, here's my story

i work in a daycare in a very needy area, and have set up a table with coupons for the children's parents. I often tell the parents about deals i find here, leave flyers, and explain how they can use their coupons for extra savings.

Well i know the children can see and hear me speak to thier parents, but i usually don't think they care what we're talking about. These are 3,4, and 5 yr olds.

About 2 weeks ago during 'show & tell' one little guy brought his back pack to the circle time area. When it was his turn to 'show', he reached into his bag and.... Pulled out a handfull of coupons, and told the group "these are my coupons, and my mommy is going to buy these things for me".

My co-workers and i laughed so hard we were crying!! He had been listening to our coupon conversations.

The next week, another child brought a grocery store flyer for 'show &tell', and said "look chips are on sale", (it wasn't chips, it was mozerella cheese slices).

My staff and i think we have created coupon monsters!!!!!

lol!!!!

Trading Score
    11 (100%)

One more day left !

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information