User Tag List

in the Ghetto of Richmond...apparently :rolleyes:
    Trading Score
    111 (100%)

...I don't know maybe it's just me or just Greater Vancouver in general, but prices have gone up! Seriously someone is selling 640 g of formula for 25$, another person selling a used bumbo seat for 50$, a used gymboree shirt and matching pair of pants for 25$.....maybe I've become cheaper (smarter) since joining this site but a lot of the prices on CL are nuts. Things on sale and/or with coupon are cheaper NEW plus you can actually return them (minus the formula) if needed. I don't even want to talk about the overpriced damaged or plain ugly products I've seen.....
    This thread is currently associated with: Gymboree
    :pottytrain2: :pottytrain2: :pottytrain2:

Trading Score
    124 (100%)

Some people just think their stuffs are gold.

Trading Score
    153 (100%)

50$ for a bumbo seat is the rate around here & I'm a rural area
    My Queen passed out from pure bliss thanks to her secret Santa. Bless you kind angel

Trading Score
    111 (100%)

I know they are 60$ brand new, but at least brand new you can return it and also not have to worry about scratches, crayon marks or whatever on it, IMO used should be at least half price of what was origionally paid, depending on the condition of the product. Of course people can charge whatever they want but if enough people refuse to pay ridiculous prices then maybe sellers would lower their prices

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

You know I agree with you but not just craigslist kijiji too people is just crazy with high prices like a old dining set 20 years old for 2000 dollars with that money I would go to a fancy store and buy a new one with warranty.........

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    117 (100%)

Prices at kids swap meets are crazy! Why do they want so much money for their used stuff?

Trading Score
    111 (100%)

completely agree, swap meets are generally hit and miss with good deals. I usually go to the ones that don't charge admission fees, so that way I don't feel compelled to buy something just because I had to pay to enter the door.

coupon-holic
    Trading Score
    304 (100%)

$50 for a bumbo is actually OK in my opinion...why? because Bumbos have gone up in price at Toysrus..I got mine for $59.99 two years ago, but didn't get a tray (I think it was selling for $14.99). Now, TRU is selling the bumbo for $64.99 and the tray is $16.99. Which makes a combo over $80!!!

if the $50 is for a bumbo + tray, I'd say is a good deal. Personally, I regret getting a bumbo because my kids have barely used them. My son was in it for probably a month and my daughter can't even last a minute without taking apart the tray and trying to jump out.

But about a year ago, there were a bunch of bumbos on CL that were selling for $25 - $30 without a tray.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    19 (100%)

50 bucks for a bumbo used ?? that nuts ... but i agree people want so much money for there used stuff ... my mother went to a mom to mom sale and people were asking like 30 dollars for a stained snowsuit and 15 bucks for beaten up and peeling robbeeze .... i bought my bumbo a few months ago used for 30 bucks with out the tray ... greatest money i ever spent ... it really helped teach my DD to sit up on her own ... now the cat sleeps in it lol ... but it was a great deal ... but on the other hand i see people on kijiji looking for those jj cole urban bundle me and they want them in new condition but are only willing to spend 30 bucks ... where every where in my city they are 79.95 (for the urban) ...

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    55 (98%)

I bought my bumbo used on kijiji for $20, and then sold it when I was done for $20.
    They don't show much wear.

Trading Score
    123 (99%)

I agree that people are charging a lot more for their used items than even last year this time...

Has anyone looked thru the best of craigslist? Its funny what people what... I think its all american tho... But if in need of a laugh then go check it out.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lady_arianna View Post
    I agree that people are charging a lot more for their used items than even last year this time...

Has anyone looked thru the best of craigslist? Its funny what people what... I think its all american tho... But if in need of a laugh then go check it out.
    I agree, one of my favorite time-wasters is scrolling through. There are Canadian ones from time to time, usually TO and Vancouver.

Thread Information