User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Trading Score
    19 (100%)

i find the sephora lash plumper does the same job as the dior show yet the sephora is cheaper

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    19 (100%)

I use the MAC lipstick and like it for the great colour range and that fact that it stays on longer than other brands.

I've used Dior pressed powder eye shadow for years and just love it. It blends very well, and is subtle yet effective. It's one of the few powder shadows I've tried that doesn't settle into the creases around my eyes and make me look older! Yes, it's pricey, but I've been able to get some great deals on ebay.
    French Lady

Banned
    Trading Score
    93 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Chantal Figeat View Post
    I use the MAC lipstick and like it for the great colour range and that fact that it stays on longer than other brands.

I've used Dior pressed powder eye shadow for years and just love it. It blends very well, and is subtle yet effective. It's one of the few powder shadows I've tried that doesn't settle into the creases around my eyes and make me look older! Yes, it's pricey, but I've been able to get some great deals on ebay.
    MAC makes lipsticks feel so yummy on your lips too. I only have one, creme d'nude (not much of a lipstick person) but i want to get more.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Has anybody sent in their Dior receipts for a Diva reward?

I got the colour pallette at Christmas and haven't tried it yet. I don't know what I'm saving it for but keep telling myself that I should take it on vacation, etc...

Sleep Deprived
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Does anyone here buy the expensive limited edition stuff and then not use it because your can't bring yourself to "spoil" its prettiness? Sounds crazy i know, but I do. For the last couple of years, I've been getting the Dior LE items like the Lady Dior face/lip palette and the Dior Cristal Shine lip palette, and I just take them out periodically to admire them, but can't bring myself to use them.

orv
    Female
    Trading Score
    77 (100%)

yep.. when it comes to makeup, you deffinately get what you pay for. if you buy 3$ eyeliner, its going to work like 3$ eyeliner......... i learn the hardway..... lol
    Niagara Falls for New years!!! YIPPY!!!!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Junerose View Post
    Does anyone here buy the expensive limited edition stuff and then not use it because your can't bring yourself to "spoil" its prettiness? Sounds crazy i know, but I do. For the last couple of years, I've been getting the Dior LE items like the Lady Dior face/lip palette and the Dior Cristal Shine lip palette, and I just take them out periodically to admire them, but can't bring myself to use them.
    Welcome to my world. We all collect something

But the lip pallettes if they fit in your handbag look really nice when you pull them out in the ladies room for a "fix up" on a nice date night.

Trading Score
    23 (100%)

Personally, I LOVE SDM Gosh! I came across it about 1 yr ago and have bought so many different itmes. Their colours are amazing and they have this mascara ( their most popular ) and it is fantastic!!
    If you have not tried it, give it a shot!
    Just my 2cents.....

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Ladies and men, to save money on expensive cosmetics, ask friends and family who are traveling internationally to pick you up products from the duty free shop.

This only works well if you know your exact brand, model number, shade colour, etc... etc...

Things like perfume, or a certain black mascara can be considerably more affordable and easy to select for a friend. Lipstick, eye shadow, blush is best tested before buying, but if you know your favorite products and the shades and numbers, then write it down and tell your friend to hand the list to the duty free shop keeper so your friend can spend their time buying booze.

And yes, I agree. You do get what you pay for with makeup. I've memorized my foundation colour. lol.

Duty-free it if you have the opportunity.

Good luck!

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

I have to agree that Dior makes perfect powders and foundations: they have the texture of pureed pearls and leaves the skin feeling soft and looking flawless....

but, I find Diorshow to be among the worst mascaras I have every used - thick and clumpy crap.

Join me at
    Swagbucks, earn free
    Amazon gift cards and never pay for DVDs or books again!

Banned
    Trading Score
    93 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by topbuy View Post
    wooh..glad to know this.. i would like to try one..
    what is it that you want to try?

Trading Score
    60 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Junerose View Post
    I used to do that alot! Not with Dior, but with Estee Lauder's products... Now, I just try to avoid the cosmetics department of the stores I go to... I am just too easily suckered into those pretty things!
    At the right time, a kind word from a stranger, or encouragement from a friend, can make all the difference in the world. Kindness is free, but it's priceless. ~ Doe Zantamata

"And it's always the right time!" ~ Woofy

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I'm starting to learn this lesson too...some things are worth splurging

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information