User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Okay..so the other day I wandered into Shoppers Drug Mart to find a new foundation and the gal from the 'better' cosmetic's department met me and long story short....I bought a new foundation, mascara and 'highlighter'.

And yes, they were expensive, but if you ever want to treat yourself to something lovely, or put them on your Christmas wish-list, I don't think these would disappoint you.

Dior "Forever" foundation...what can I say? I have 'aged' skin...getting a little drab looking, not many wrinkles, but I'm beginning to notice a few large pores, and when I put this on, I look flawless! I've actually caught myself in a mirror and said...oh! that looks goooood! She matched my colour perfectly and really...all you need is two 'squirts' of it to cover your whole face, so I imagine this will last a long time. It's not shiny, you don't feel like you're wearing a mask...and it's not irritating my sensitive skin.

Dior "Diorshow" mascara: The other day we went to our daughter and hubby's place and she looked at me and said..."Are you wearing false eyelashes?!"....nope, I said...it's just my new mascara....to which she replied..." Omg...I want one!". So it'll be in her Christmas stocking. I have to cut back a little on using it, because it makes my lashes so full and long that they bang up against my glasses! lol!

Dior "Skinflash": So every so often I see someone in the stores who's my age, and yet looks so ... refreshed! Awake! Well...this is probably the product she's using. It's a skinny little tube with a brush on the tip..you rotate the bottom to 'load' the brush, and pat it under your eyes, in the corners of your eyes near your nose...under and over your eyebrows, and wow! Instant lift! I wear glasses, so my eyes tend to get lost in them, and this just pops my eyes! Even without glasses, this is a gem!

The best part, is that, except for the mascara, you can try these products before you purchase them and see for yourself how they can transform you!

I'm SO glad I found these, even if they are a little on the expensive side, and I won't let go of any of them, ever!

Hope you get to enjoy them, too!
    This thread is currently associated with: Pharmaprix, Shoppers Drug Mart

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Lynn, that sounds awesome, and glad you got the lift you wanted!
    Almost makes me want to start wearing makeup again!

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

if you exfoliate with a reliable BHA or AHA you will be even more amazed.

ditto Natalka haha! ;p
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Yup, Dior is worth every penny.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by anisa View Post
    if you exfoliate with a reliable BHA or AHA you will be even more amazed.

ditto Natalka haha! ;p
    That I do, anisa!

And ladies....wearing makeup protects your skin....!! OMG...if I ever step out of the house without full makeup on....well....I just never will, that's all! LOL!!
    You know that question about what would you bring to a deserted island? My answer would be 'mascara'! {{{{blink-blink}}}}

Banned
    Trading Score
    93 (100%)

I love reading posts like this, makes me happy to see people spend money on GOOD products. Way to go and

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by View Post
    I love reading posts like this, makes me happy to see people spend money on GOOD products. Way to go and
    Thanks, Sweetie!!! We all have to spoil ourselves sometimes....okay...quite often, actually...

Trading Score
    9 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by View Post
    Same!

SDM Optimum Queen Wannabe julie.leeds's Avatar
    Trading Score
    23 (100%)

I love my MAC cosmetics, sure my clothes come from Wal-mart but I'll be damned if my face does *lol* The Dior sounds really nice too. MAC usually offers free shipping on their site and they always offer to put my "face" on for me when I go to The Bay. They let me try new colours, types, even mascara.(They use disposable wands for the mascara) My must haves are the ZOOMLASH and the lip glass. Amazing! (And if you buy it from the Bay you get HBC points)

Follow the elephant...
    http://thestthomasblog.com

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by julie.leeds View Post
    I love my MAC cosmetics, sure my clothes come from Wal-mart but I'll be damned if my face does *lol* The Dior sounds really nice too. MAC usually offers free shipping on their site and they always offer to put my "face" on for me when I go to The Bay. They let me try new colours, types, even mascara.(They use disposable wands for the mascara) My must haves are the ZOOMLASH and the lip glass. Amazing! (And if you buy it from the Bay you get HBC points)
    Sounds like a nice brand, too, Julie. I'm nowhere near a Bay, and I'm not certain Sears carries that line...no Sephora here, either....sigh...
    Geez....and all I thought we were missing was an Ikea!! Sephora must come here!! hah!

Boo Radley Conspirator roseofblack25's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

ahh everything sounds nice wonder what they would have for my skin...young and greasy teen like skin LOL I dont really need mascara though my lashes are very long and dark to begin with...I can only wear mascara when I wear contacts because if I do when I wear glasses my lashes always hit and it annoys me so this is the first time ever that I have been wearing mascara regularly

Search and win with SWAGBUCKS!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    78 (100%)

lynn, how much do these products cost?

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Dior isn't cheap. Lip glosses start at around $24 a tube but the colours and texture are fantastic. Foundations are in the $50-70 range.

I've always rationalized my purchase by the old "I know I'll use it because I like it". How many times have you bought a $4.99 lippie and found out it wasn't the right shade or you didn't like the way it smells? Through away two Revlon glosses that you think "might work" and you could have bought the Dior one you loved and tested.

Banned
    Trading Score
    93 (100%)

I got a bunch of lipglosses through the elle grand prix recently, they are high end brands and they are fabulous, better than anything I have bought in the drugstore. Yes, there are good products in the drugstore. But as you get older, you realize that it's better to buy LESS stuff but BETTER quality.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information