Thread: Wierd Topic lol Tube Ground Beef

Sexy Canadian Genius Miss_April's Avatar
    Trading Score
    11 (100%)

KK7
    Female
    Trading Score
    618 (100%)

phew I got so confussed the thread got moved could not figure out where it went I guess they think it is better here then the tea room???

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

I didnt have a problem with beef in a tube before...but now after reading this Im a little grossed out LOL

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by miztia View Post
    I didnt have a problem with beef in a tube before...but now after reading this Im a little grossed out LOL

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

i eat it all the time yummy join us bub

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Miss_April View Post
    Im eating it in my chili right now, tastes good to me!

The tubes I find are more convinient.
    LMAO right after the Dr Oz reference lol!^.^

The only different is the tube stuff is more.. erm.. flat and the store packaged stuff is ground and "ribbed"[pushed from side to side than packaged for a ripple effect.. lmao]

If you cook the tube stuff too high or forget about it.. it'll be very hard to break apart [much like store packaged meat that was frozen and thrown into the pan, lol]

I like the store brand though.. The last tube meat I bought from food basics smelt like bleach and I felt ill right afterwards [about 30-60 minutes later]

I cook my food by eye and internal temperature.. I'm paranoid these days..

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

remember when Becky and Mark move to the trailer park, and they serve Dan and Rosanne "ground meat" for dinner

haha
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

Sexy Canadian Genius Miss_April's Avatar
    Trading Score
    11 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Evil.Kitten View Post
    LMAO right after the Dr Oz reference lol!^.^
    Dr. Oz can kiss my butt!!

Everything is bad for you according to him, the only thing I should apparently eat is seeds, nuts, and vegetables.

Im stickin' with my tubular meat, thank you!
    PurpleBunny89 likes this.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    152 (100%)

Everything is bad for you according to him, the only thing I should apparently eat is seeds, nuts, and vegetables.

Well for one, the USA has very poor hygeine when it comes to meat packing plants compared to Canada, and I know this for a fact because my father was a meat inspector in a butchering plant in Quebec and Ontario in the 70's and 80's,( For Canada Food Inspection Agency) and secondly, my DH used to deliver meat carcasses to butchering plants in the USA when he was a line-haul driver...the taste of a hamberger in the USA tastes different from Canada, that is a fact.

Also, after this post while at WM again tonight, I once again checked the packaging and asked the girl there in the meat department, she said what I told you guys before...the meat in the tube is EXACTLY the same as the ones in the package, it's even made at the same plant..the only difference is the weight.

Here is the info from the canadian Food Inspection Agency website...and you have just as much chance of contacting ecoli from ground beef not being cooked properly, as you do not washing your cantalope from mexico and cutting into it with a knife, contaminating the inside of the fruit...
    http://www.inspection.gc.ca/english/...e/ecolie.shtml

How does the bacteria spread?

<ABBR title=escherichia>E.</ABBR> coli bacteria can sometimes contaminate the surface of meat when animals are slaughtered, despite precautions. In highly processed or ground meat, the mechanical process can spread the bacteria through the meat. Raw fruits and vegetables can become contaminated with pathogens while in the field, by improperly composted manure, contaminated water, wildlife and poor hygienic practices of the farm workers.
    <ABBR title=escherichia>E.</ABBR> coli bacteria are most often spread from person-to-person. Both animals and people infected with the bacteria can be carriers. Therefore, proper hygiene, safe food handling and preparation practices are key to preventing foodborne illness. If you think you are infected with <ABBR title=escherichia>E.</ABBR> coli bacteria or any other gastrointestinal illness, do not prepare food for other people. It's also a good idea to keep pets away from food storage and preparation areas.
    Foodsafe tip: Gloves can pick up bacteria too. Change gloves frequently and wash gloved hands as often as bare hands.
    Where has <ABBR title=escherichia>E.</ABBR> coli O157:H7 been found?

Food can become contaminated with <ABBR title=escherichia>E.</ABBR> coli during the slaughter and processing of an animal, when food is handled by a person infected with <ABBR title=escherichia>E.</ABBR> coli or from cross-contamination because of unsanitary food handling practices. The following listed below have been responsible for foodborne illnesses:
    • ground beef
    • raw fruits and vegetables, including sprouts
    • untreated water
    • unpasteurized (raw) milk and (raw) milk products, including raw milk cheese
    • unpasteurized apple juice/cider
    • petting zoos

Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

I do believe you need to watch out, some of the "white" tubes are dairy cow beef and not that great. For the most part they are fine.

Also, just make sure you cook the hamburger WELL thats the biggest thing, cook it well and you'll be fine.

A lot of butchers use this tube packaging when u order beef or part of a cow from them

* lites and sirens, quite often we don't know where the meat it from even zehrs has a ton of grade a canada OR usda grad A on the package.
    Last edited by Sally888; Thu, Nov 12th, 2009 at 10:39 PM.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Muhahaha! My thoughts exactly. My mother [nurse] and sister watch it religiously. I can't watched it because my mother has [over the years] turned me into a hypocondreact[can't spell it right ever, haha] So I'll start to worry about EVERYTHING.. ugh.. She gets mad at me because I don't want to watch the show..

I can't eat nuts anyways! My nephew is allergic. I can't eat his nasty salads either bleh.. My salad is just shredded lettuce, sliced mushrooms and some vinegrette.. .. .. and some meatloaf!

I took a "Food safe handler" course about 2 years back now. Ever since I've been all paranoid about my food and I sanatize my used plates etc in how water and bleach for about 60 seconds.

Also if anyone is allergic to medicine containing sulfer/sulfa [like me] be careful with meat or burgers, especially those from fast food joints. Since slaughterhouses will vaccinate the livestock with medicine before killing so.. lol.. I had a mild reaction at mcdonalds last year and haven't eaten there since. and my mom's friend from work had a very bad reaction, her throat was itched than closed up, thankful the hospital was 2 minutes away.
    Last edited by Evil.Kitten; Fri, Nov 13th, 2009 at 09:34 AM.

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

yech!!

Hmmmmm
    Trading Score
    63 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by anisa View Post
    not the falsely low cost of cow bum (might taste poopy? ;p)

I am just DYING laughing at this thread!

I've never seen any tubes in these parts, so I guess I'll have to stick with my styrofoamed cow bum.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by AmberLab View Post
    I am just DYING laughing at this thread!

I've never seen any tubes in these parts, so I guess I'll have to stick with my styrofoamed cow bum.

Styrofoam cow bum,

Food basics is the most common place to find the tube meat. I find it too slimey and bleachy smelling.. plus [I was discussing this with my sister jsut now on the phone lol] my sister told me she opened one of the tube meats and the meat was green [yes GREEN!!] in places so she hasn't bought it since 2007, lol

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

omg I cannot come back to this thread again lol.
    I'm gonna hurl

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread Information