User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Trading Score
    118 (100%)

I've said it a couple times in here before and will say it again...

It's very sad when the people that should be the most honest... are the most dishonest.

At the end of my shopping trip at WM, I went over to the games aisle to see if they had any gooders to use the $10 game coupon. Didn't see anything I thought worth while at this point, but saw the "faster version Monopoly" was priced at $10. I remember this being that price a while ago and thought there is no way it could STILL be at $10. I scanned it... came up as $16.78!! SCOP... so I thought. I immediatly went down to pay for it, then to customer service. I could NOT have been more than 5 minutes. CS pages Toys, no one calls, then she calls them... someone answers and CS tells them how customer says it's $10 but scanned at $16.78. Lady on the phone immediatly said "it's $16.78." CS gets off the phone, repeats this again to me. I say the sign said $10... she told me to go show the lady working in the area and come back with her. I zipped down there... the price tag was gone!!!!!!!!! After finding only the manager (of the area, I assume) there, she said a BUNCH of BULLCRAP about "it was that price 2 days ago. I changed it 2 days ago. I've been over here organizng this shelf. No one else is in this area." BLAH BLAH! At this point, it was no longer an excitement to get something free, but a ticked off must get justice sort of thing, lol. I was SO upset. I had seen another young girl earlier when I was shopping in the area that I vaguely recognized cuz I graduated with her... and I think she is on my Facebook, LOL... so I told her that info and she said she is on a break... so I asked if I could ask her if she took off the price tag... so she called her and she said no.

Manager lady had GUILTY written ALL over her. She was SO quick to dismiss the price OOPS when CS called. She had it be known she was NOT at the "scene of the crime"... and said no one else was in the area... but someone had left about 6-8 minutes prior to my itteruption to go on a break!!!

WHEW, nice to get all that out!!!!

I took the game back to CS and returned it. Told the CS I thought the manager was bullpoopin' me!

I was ready to take it to a court of law! LOL

Lesson learned... TAKE A PHOTO!!!!!!! I do this probably 40% of the time I find a SCOP. Not sure if it could REALLY be used, BUT the photo IS a conversaitonal peice for peeps to fess up! MAN A LIVIN!! =)
    This thread is currently associated with: Walmart

Trading Score
    58 (98%)

thats horrible.

Trading Score
    124 (100%)

That's a horrible story and yes I totally know what if feels like. I was in a similar situation and at that point it was not about getting SCOP but it was all about customer services and honesty. Great idea on taking a picture. I do have an iphone and will take a picture of the display before asking for a SCOP. It will save time too - hopefully, they won't have to send someone to check the display.

Trading Score
    58 (100%)

I think stores are more smart now..they call to check the price they told that person this the price n customer saying that..n i think they have enough time to change that tag..bcoz they dont want to give us free items.

this is wat i think

Trading Score
    76 (100%)

So you're upset that the Manager was dishonest . . . ? But you KNEW the game was priced wrong and you were only buying it because you thought you could scop it? Otherwise you wouldn't be purchasing it?

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I agree with what blueegg said. I don't think it is right to try to get something for free that you weren't even going to buy just because you knew they made a mistake. That seems wrong to me.

Trading Score
    239 (100%)

I think the reason the OP was so upset over it is the way the area manager was acting. If she would have been nice about it, then maybe it would have been a different story. WM tends to always have those nasty managers who walk around like their king/queen $hit and think they own the place. Ugh, when I don't have to talk to a CSR, it makes my shopping trip so much easier.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    152 (100%)

do what I do...take the sign with you! I saw a game(last one at Toys R &Us) the other day for 9.98..it was the last one, when i got to the cash to pay with my coupon, it was back to 14.98..I said, no that's wrong, it says 9.98..i will go get the tag to show you...so i went back to the games and got the sale tag...so they scop'd it for me and told me that it was LAST weeks sale..oh well, not my problem if they forgot the sign...and NO, i did not scan it first to see if it was wrongly priced so I could SCOP.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    117 (100%)

SmackuTwice please email/call Walmart head office and complain. You should not have been treated in that manner by anyone at the store. I recently complained about an item that my local walmart never had in stock during the anniverary sale and after complaining via email they called my and said they would honour the sale price for me and put the item on hold for me until I was in next. So email/call and complain, it can't get any worse!

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

DEfinitely take a photo - a friend of mine who teaches law does this all the time. Legally they have to honour it. He has had the same situation with the old switcheroo and denial and when he pulled out his camera with date and time of photo on it he won the situation in a moment. It also helped that he pointed out what they were doing was not on the up and up and he would be reporting them if they did not uphold their end of the law. While in New York last week he got a Lego set that was regularly 299.00 for 2.99 because it was mislabeled and he pushed all of his legal rights - .(he also took a picture of the stocked shelf with the labels) he is my hero!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Wow! There are lego sets for $299.00?!?

smartmama
    Trading Score
    82 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by gijennr View Post
    DEfinitely take a photo - a friend of mine who teaches law does this all the time. Legally they have to honour it. He has had the same situation with the old switcheroo and denial and when he pulled out his camera with date and time of photo on it he won the situation in a moment. It also helped that he pointed out what they were doing was not on the up and up and he would be reporting them if they did not uphold their end of the law. While in New York last week he got a Lego set that was regularly 299.00 for 2.99 because it was mislabeled and he pushed all of his legal rights - .(he also took a picture of the stocked shelf with the labels) he is my hero!

Not sure I would mention this too widely; the lawyer jokes will surely start flying.

Grateful for the savings
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by gijennr View Post
    Be cautious here: Legally, they don't have to honour it and instead your only legal recourse is court to have a judge decide that they do (need to offer you the goods at the discounted price). The practice the OP describes certainly violates marketing regulations and ethics, but to "legally" make this contract enforceable and successful, you would have to sue civilly. Few of us could afford to do that. I just wouldn't want someone to think that they can threaten "that's illegal" when it's not per se; it would be up to a court of law to decide. It is however, poor customer service, and I would definitely follow up with Walmart's Canadian Head Office.

The suggestions of taking a photo are great, provided that you have a time/date stamp on it. I would love to have someone tell me that the sign wasn't there, and then have proof of their dishonesty.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Isn't it illegal to take pictures inside stores?

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

They don't legally have to follow scop..only in QC

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information