User Tag List

Page 6 of 28 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast
Like Tree902Likes

Thread: How did you meet your loved one?

Trading Score
    177 (100%)

Oh I am such a bad example...we met in a bar - LOL! Married 15 years!
    itsjustmebub and ticul like this.
    "Far over the misty mountains cold, to dungeons deep and caverns old,
    We must away ere break of day, to seek the pale enchanted gold."

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by VeeVee View Post
    This is what I think is key in any relationship...touching! I know couples who barely touch each other let alone hold hands while they walk, give each other kisses etc. I think its so important, and communication
    I fall asleep holding BFs hand...I wouldn't have it any other way
    Sniff.....now I'm getting all teary-eyed reading your posts, girls!
    I told our DD and her DH to NEVER stop dating! If that means we babysit Saturdays, then so be it. Couples have to reinforce that bond...have to live their promises to each other....I hope you fall asleep holding his hand for 50 more years! ... Lynn
    itsjustmebub likes this.

Trading Score
    18 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by freebiehunter View Post
    Nothing wrong with that! People meet in the wierdest ways!

I posted this before but a friend of mine was on the highway and her car broke down..she has no clue about cars so she had tehhood up and was hoping somoen would stop. Well someone did stop..he happened to be a mechanic and cute and single! They hit it off and they are now married haha
    Funny enough he was on his way home about 2 hours from where she actually lives...when its ment to be it just is!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Whatever works, Sweetie!! Obviously you've both made good choices!
    I wish you another 15 and another on top of that!...Lynn

Jeepers....you all don't have to wonder why I love marrying people so much, do you? LOL!!!
    itsjustmebub likes this.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    152 (100%)

that is an awesome story Turkish_Delight! WTG on your 1st anniversary!

Blessed with 4 children
    Trading Score
    347 (100%)

Here is the most unromantic story of all: He picked me up while he was a customer in the store where I worked at the time. That was August 2003. Moved in together March 2004. Married December 2005. 2 kids. Yay!

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    152 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by IRefuseToPayFullPrice View Post
    Here is the most unromantic story of all: He picked me up while he was a customer in the store where I worked at the time. That was August 2003. Moved in together March 2004. Married December 2005. 2 kids. Yay!
    that's not so bad, lol!! My DH proposed to me on Christmas Day after I was tired and dirty and doing all the dinner dishes...here I dreamt of the most beautifully romantic proposal ever (since there never was one with my first marriage)..but nope *sigh*..i was shocked...but I guess he saw me through his rose-colored glasses, and i shouldn't have been disappointed, it just meant no matter what i look like or do, he loves me just the way I am..and that's good to know
    ticul likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    Urouj....I just got goose-bumps reading your story!So you're 22 with 3 daughters and another on the way?! OMG.....!!! But I can truly understand that 'love at first sight' feeling...I had the same feeling when I saw my husband that day in the school lunch-room. And like you...even after 39 years, I wouldn't change a thing...we still hold hands when we walk....like two old foggies...lol...but I think that's what our daughter looked for all those years...when she found her husband, she told me early on in their relationship that she 'found someone just like Dad"....

All the best to you both (all!) throughout the coming years...I'm happy to hear your parents are so accepting, esp your Mother...stay close to her...you'll need her as you go through life.
    But don't you ever do something like that again, girlie!!
    Are you both hoping for a boy this time? ;-D

lol... yeah i get alot of "oh my god you're so young and you have 3 kids!!!" on the bright side i'll still be pretty young when they have their grand kids!
    The fourth pregnancy was trulyyy trulyy a suprise, more like a shock. lol
    We already have 3 lil angels , hoping for a boy , even my 5 year old want a baby brother this time around.

You are so true about staying close to your mother, i find that the older i get the more closer i am with her, i share all kinds of things with her now that i NEVER imagined i would ask/tell her. We're growing to be closer friends each day. and after she told me how she gave birth to me... she really became a hero in front of my eyes.

As for my dad, he always asks about the kids, and loves my kids, gets them gifts, cards. Maybe time, and love does heal all wounds.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

It doesnt matter where you meet, as long as you guys found each other! and 15 years, you guys must be doing something right!

Hope you have tons and tons of more anniversaries which each other.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Litesandsirens911 View Post
    that's not so bad, lol!! My DH proposed to me on Christmas Day after I was tired and dirty and doing all the dinner dishes...here I dreamt of the most beautifully romantic proposal ever (since there never was one with my first marriage)..but nope *sigh*..i was shocked...but I guess he saw me through his rose-colored glasses, and i shouldn't have been disappointed, it just meant no matter what i look like or do, he loves me just the way I am..and that's good to know
    thats so sweet, and so real.

Trading Score
    99 (100%)

Awee I'm totally loving reading all of these stories! And I've noticed quite a few here have met their S/O online! I actually met my Husband online too lol

I was on a website called Plenty Of Fish for their forums. I was chatting with this guy and many others on the topic of religion and was impressed how this one guy could hold his own on what can be a very touchy topic! Needless to say the endless months of talking online for hours turned into endless months of talking on the phone everynight. After knowing eachother 12 months we decided we wanted to meet. The catch was that I live here in Ontario and he lived in Springfield, Missouri

So, we talked about meeting and I took 2 weeks off of work and took the LONGEST bus ride of my life down to Missouri (it was something stupid like 36 hrs) Everyone thought I was crazy not "knowing" him to go and as they put it "shack up" with a total stranger LOL It probably wasn't the smartest move if you think about it, but I had such a good feeling about everything. We did the long distance thing of flying back and forth (I ALWAYS had such a fear of flying and had never been on a plane but after enduring that busride I quickly got over me fear haha) for over a year but it was getting exhausting and expensive. So I said one day to him that we gotta decide what we want to do because I can't and won't continue on with not seeing him 3 or 4 months at a time to only see him a week or so when we are together.

He decided that he would move up here to Canada once his time was up in the Marine Corps (he was a SGT in the USMC) We got married 2 1/2 months after he moved here and we will be celebrating our 2 year wedding anniversary this Dec 1.

Oh keep the stories coming, they are great guys!
    Last edited by TaraF; Sat, Nov 21st, 2009 at 05:10 AM.
    ticul likes this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    83 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by ccmp1974 View Post
    I was at the 40th annual Broad Cove Scottish Concert in August of 1996 with friends.They introduced us.Before this my BFF used to tell me that we would make a perfect couple but I never knew who she was taking about.We didn't start dating till October and 5 years later we got married on our dating anniversary which was also his parents and grandparents wedding anniversaries.

i feel honored everytime ccmp1974 tells the story about how her and her hubby met!!!she is the best bff anyone could ask for. we stood in each others weddings and here we are years later and she has 2 beautiful daughters to show!!

putt
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

great sharing.

i'm still waiting for my "loved one"; or maybe i had him and chased him away?

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

omg, I love this thread, so awesome!

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Wow thanks for sharing all the beautiful stories everyone ... So heart warming reading through so now I will share ours.

One day a mutual friend showed up at my place with Dh in tow and at the time I was just leaving with my Sister to go up the street to the mall but stuck around long enough to 'chat'. Funny how the minute I laid eyes on him I knew I 'liked' him but was also currently with my ex. When Sis and I left I told her "hands off he's mine" LOL

Funny how that day turned into us seeing each other at our friends houses and forming a good 'friendship' to the point of hanging out playing cards and such and then he got with this girl Donna and brought her by to introduce her.

The minute I laid eyes on Donna I knew she was 'ill' she just had that look but by then my Ex and I had a son and my now (dh) had visitation/joint custody of his son who was just a couple months older then my little guy. Ours kids played together and by the time Donna died 3 years later from cancer there I was pregnant again by the ex but still friends and stood by Hubby and Donna's side ... right through the funeral and everything thereafter.

That year just before Christmas while pregnant with my Dd I found out my sneaky ex was cheating and decided to call it quits based on that alone but the ex manipulated me by telling Jr. "I didn't want to be a family" and other sad terrible things.

Then came Hubby one day to my front door with a 2 page letter professing his love for me but he gave it to me and walked away asking that I read it after he left and he'd call me.

He did and by then I'd shown the letter to all my co-workers and knew deep in my heart that I'd felt the same way for a long time so I responded and we tried 'dating' but I had to fix and or finalise things with the ex hanging over my head so I stopped calling him ... It took over 2 years before I'd sorted myself out enough to 'trust my judgement this time'.

By then I'd left the ex and was finally happy again within myself ... I had my own place and had started dating when dh ran into my Mom downtown and she told him he should call me ... From that moment on he came by and we've lived happily ever after and the nice part is that we started as friends ... Our kids grew up together as if it was meant to be and to me I've always and still do admire everything about him, his confidence,his smarts,his body and his devotion to us all.

We eventually married after 7 years together and have since been married six plus years but were friends for many years before we became officially together that it now feels so weird ... as if we've been together forever ... Our kids are 20,19 and 15 and although we never had any together we blended into a wonderful family for us all.

I still say it was love at first sight but he claims to have married me for the bewbs lol
    ticul likes this.

Page 6 of 28 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Thread Information