User Tag List

Page 12 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast
Like Tree902Likes

Thread: How did you meet your loved one?

Skankarina on the prowl MercyEhm's Avatar
    Trading Score
    86 (100%)

The famous e-Harmony. We emailed back and forth for a little bit and finally decided to meet at Starbucks the day before my birthday. We hit it off right away. He asked me out again 2 days later and took me to O Noir which is a restaurant where you dine in the dark and your waiters are blind. It was an awesome first date. We moved in together 4 months later and we now have a 4 1/2 mo baby boy
    itsjustmebub and ticul like this.
    Instant Human Just Add COFFEE!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

bump for stories from newbies, or those who haven't done this yet!

Trading Score
    254 (100%)

Thanks for bumping! I never noticed this before. I'm a victim of eharmony as well! LOL Just kidding. Actually eharmony was the best $160 dollars I ever spent . I went on a whack of dates, but when I met bf (6 months after eharmony matched us, my fault too cause I decided to pass on meeting him the first time. Stupid, stupid, stupid lol) we clicked like you wouldn't believe. It was unreal.

I was with my exboyfriend at the time (yep I had gone back to him like a dummy), and was living with him, when I realized he was a full out jackass, and I didn't know what I was going to do or where I was going to go. For some reason it hit me like a ton of bricks that my eharmony account was about to expire and that I never did meet bf, and maybe it was now or never. I logged into my account, and sent him a message telling him i wish I had met him, and that I ended up back with my ex, and that the definition of crazy is doing the same thing twice expecting a different result lol (we had never previously talked, just a couple messages).

Little did I know, that his eharmony account had long expired, but for some reason the message went straight to his phone and he texted me back in 2 seconds! So we met that night for a drink. I had no job, my car was broken down, and was still living with my ex boyfriend lol. What a prize huh?

Anyway, I knew in the first five minutes that I was looking at the best thing that had ever happened to me. And it was funny because I'm usually shy and reserved but I couldn't stop staring at him, and he isn't shy at all but he was so taken aback by me that he couldn't even look at me lol. We were at a Boston Pizza, and he kept throwing his hands up in the air and yelling "thank you Jesus! I must have done SOMETHING right!" and "YEP, she's with ME!" lol He kinda claimed me as his right on the spot and I was ever so glad about it.

No one in my life has ever been as good to me as he is and I'm grateful every day!
    Last edited by annedougherty; Mon, Aug 23rd, 2010 at 12:31 PM.
    ticul likes this.

HUH? YOU DON'T DO SWAGBUCKS??? ARE YOU CRAZAY?!

Trading Score
    18 (100%)

Great stories!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by annedougherty View Post
    Thanks for bumping! I never noticed this before. I'm a victim of eharmony as well! LOL Just kidding. Actually eharmony was the best $160 dollars I ever spent . I went on a whack of dates, but when I met bf (6 months after eharmony matched us, my fault too cause I decided to pass on meeting him the first time. Stupid, stupid, stupid lol) we clicked like you wouldn't believe. It was unreal.
    Wow eharmony is expensive!
    "Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is youer than You." - Dr. Seuss

Trading Score
    254 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    Wow eharmony is expensive!
    I think that was for a 6 month membership, but considering I never paid for a single drink all summer I more than made up for it!! lol

Trading Score
    18 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by annedougherty View Post
    I think that was for a 6 month membership, but considering I never paid for a single drink all summer I more than made up for it!! lol
    I laughed really loud when I read this haha everyone looked at me since Im at work!
    Hey u met ur hubby so it sure did pay off!

Trading Score
    254 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by VeeVee View Post
    I laughed really loud when I read this haha everyone looked at me since Im at work!
    Hey u met ur hubby so it sure did pay off!
    lol It's true though! I certainly don't advocate taking advantage of men whatsoever, but I contemplated joining for awhile because of the price because it is alot. But all of my friends would tell me, no, no, if you join, you'll CLEAN UP! lol

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Cool story, Anne - so how long have you two been together? Is he bf, or dh?

Trading Score
    254 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    Cool story, Anne - so how long have you two been together? Is he bf, or dh?
    We've been together for 10 months now, so not dh yet, but I don't think he's gonna let me get away lol. We've both been married before too, and I kinda doubted I'd ever even think about it again. If only we'd met 15 years ago we could have saved each other A LOT of grief lol, but better late than never!

Trading Score
    76 (100%)

i've lived in moncton my whole life. a few years before i met dh i worked at a convenience store. my boses were great people and I still consider them friends. the store i was working at closed down and i got a job at a restaurant the store owner also owned. after that job i ended up working at a canadian tire for about a year. one day when i was talking to my old boss he told me he was working at a call centre and asked me if i wanted to get a referal. i said yes and applied. because he refered me i was guaranteed to get an interview and was much more likely to get the job, which of course I did.

During that time dh was taking some video game design course at nbcc fredericton. when his course ended he was offered a job at a video game company in pei. when he was supposed to move to pei they told him they gave the job to someone else with more experience and said they would forward his application to one of their other locations (I think it was in vancouver but i'm not sure). He was offered that job and the day he was supposed to fly out they called him and told him they gave the job to someone else with more experience. he ended up applying at the same call centre and got the job so he moved to moncton (He was a little worried because of the last 2 jobs he got that were taken away at the last minute lol)

We started in the same training class. I thought he was cute and had a huge crush on him. anyway we started off as friends and he soon became my best friend. He was always joking around about how he had commitment issues and how he would never have an actual girl friend and settle down. one day I talked him into being "exclusive friends with benefits" (Or in other words going out without him being scared of being in a comitment) and he was ok with that. so we went out for a while and things were going verry well. so I got up the courage to ask him out officially. he hesitated so long I said it could just be a trial thing, so he finally said ok.

One day we were walking to the mall and we passed a bald man and he jokingly said "If he were a chick I'd do her" and I repleid "If he were a chick she'd be bald" and he said "eww" I said to him "what if i was bald?" and he said "what do you mean?" so I replied "well what if for some reason i lost all my hair" his reply "I'd still love you" I just burst out laughing (It was the first time he told me he loved me. he claims he was fine with it but i"m sure uncontrolable laughter isnt the reaction you want when you tell someone you love them for the first time lol.) After I was done with my uncontrolable laughter I told him I loved him too.

We were unoficially living together for a while in his small bachelor apartment. I was renting a room in the basment of my friends house so I was paying 300$/month to store my stuff and he was paying 350$/month for his apartment. we decided to get an official place together after the call centre we were working at closed down. He went to work at the rogers call centre and I went to work at the ups call centre. we got a place a 5 minute walk from my job. (We were trying for a baby and I didnt want to walk too far at night when I was pregnant.) the landlord let us move in at the end of june since the place was empty lol. the first month we tried for a baby I was so sad that I wasnt pregnant. the second month we were trying my grandfather died (he was sick off and on for years) and I was heartbroken so I told dh I wanted to stop trying for a while. A week after my grandfather passed away dh told me i was late (I was always regular but didnt notice because I was too emotional). I took a test and it came back positive. I was so happy. It only took us 2 months and the timing was perfect because it gave me something happy to concentrate on. It was a hard pregnancy because I was extremely sick and had to go to the hospital for iv fluids a few times but well worth it. and we are all still living in the 2 bedroom apartment that was our first place together. Dh is still working at rogers. I quit my job after my maternity leave ended and am a stay at home mom.

so that the story of how dh and i met. sorry its so long but i just felt the story wasnt complete without mentioning our ds.
    Last edited by francine1985; Mon, Aug 23rd, 2010 at 05:55 PM.
    ticul likes this.
    Intergalactic Proton Powered Electrical Tentacled Advertising Droids!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Bumping for more stories, or from noobs who haven't seen this yet!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Mine is long.
    I was dating someone else and was feeling dreadful about myself.
    He had broken up from a 10 yr relationship only about 1 yr before and suffered the loss of his youngest son only a month prior.
    We had many many many mutual friends but for some strange reason had never met ourselves. Anyway is was our friends birthday and I decided to go, so did he.
    Our mutual friend had said to us "Be sensitive and prepared for any kind of emotion that may come our way as this man has just lost a child." I remember talking to him in the taxi on the way to the bar and asking him why he wanted to come out, and he was just so open and honest about his grief it really surprised me.
    A few hours later we were "bonding" by stealing our friends cell phones and cameras to take naughty (not sex) pictures my underwear pics are STILL posted on a friends facebook lol that is still a favorite activity of ours. Heehee. I love when my friends send mass texts asking who's barebutt is the background of their phone!
    Sorry off subject. He and I became fast friends because we were both SAHM's and everyone else we knew worked. Our friends were encouraging us to begin dating, but neither of us wanted to be in a relationship. He felt that he had too much baggage and I was just sick of men.
    After about a year of this we were celebrating the same friends birthday again and got a little tipsy...so we decided Hey I like and respect you, you like and respect me let's be "friends with benefits" and did that for a year thinking we were successfully hiding it from our friends.
    Not so much, they knew from the beginning and just told us to smarten up. We have been "officially" a couple now for 2 years, but best friends and lovers for 4.
    We are both completely against marriage but that may change as the children are beginning to propose daily. Meg bought a pink plastic ring, threw it at Dad and said "There's your ring now do it!" We'll see...
    ticul likes this.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Honestly, I don't know how we met. We met sometime during university during my first year (he was a year a head of me). We had many of the same friends, so we were probably introduced during a party or something.

He remembers a time when a group of us were sitting at a table in the cafeteria and we were talking about what we liked in the opposite gender.
    I said, "tall, thin with dark hair" he pointed at himself (he fit the criteria). I laughed and said "Ha, NO!". He said he was insulted so he just put his headphones on and tuned out the conversation. I don't remember that.

During my second year we both lived in the same residence so we started hanging around each other more. I had developed a huge crush on him, but being friends didn't want to ruin the friendship. We went to a party and during this halloween party he came with me to grab my id from my room so that we could all go out to the bar. Anyways, we were just talking and then he told me that he had a crush on me and we kissed. It was awkward for a couple days later as I wasn't sure what it meant and he didn;t know what it meant. With the help of some pushy friends we turned those couple kisses into a relationship which 8 years later became a marriage.
    ticul likes this.
    Try out the maven box by julep And code FREEFB, and get your box for one cent:
    Use this link
    http://www.julep.com/rewardsref/index/refer/id/2287/

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Oh, these stories are SO wonderful to read!

Page 12 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast

Thread Information