User Tag List

Page 18 of 28 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast
Like Tree902Likes

Thread: How did you meet your loved one?

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I met my husband online. I actually found this on my blog from years ago... it was of us meeting for the very first time in person at the train station. *giggle*

Face to Face

We waited impatiently not knowing what to expect. My mother, grandmother, and I explored the station... we were in the 1960s. The building was full of old pictures, nic-nacks, and antiques. Though, it had a very cozy and homey feel to it. I walked outside to look at the tracks: hoping for a train to come by. All I could think about was how I would react when we would come face to face for the very first time. I didn't want to run around like a crazy women and jump on top of you. I just wanted the moment to be perfect, you know? We sat on the bench for hours only to find out that the train was delayed for some time. I hoped that you were okay.
    A few hours later...
    To pass the time and to keep my mind off of what was to come I found some cards inside. We played goldfish, war, and poker. I also bought some snacks because my tummy was growling, oh yes. A root bear soda (my favorite soda) and Chex Mix were enough to fill me up for the day.

Time continued to go on...
    I walked back outside and continued to wait. Their were a few people waiting for the train as well... college students, tourists, a mother and her son, and a very sketchy unmannered man. He made sure of it as he belched. It had to be the most vile burp I ever heard in my life.
    Hours, minutes, seconds...
    And then it came. From a distance I could see the headlights of the train. It came closer. My heart began to beat uncontrollably. What if i'm not what he expects me to be? And closer... at that point I wanted to run and hide behind the bench. I hate being shy. The train came to a complete stop, and there he was. Literally right in front of me. I could see him through the window. I hoped that he didn't see me. People were boarding off of the train and I knew that this was it. I had to man up and stop being a coward. This is the man of my dreams.
    He came off the train with numerous suit cases. I couldn't help but laugh at how much stuff he had brought with him. Of course my mother had to make a comment. "Is he moving in?"
    At that point I didn't really know what to do or say. I was lost for words so I just hugged him.

We walked to the car and put his luggage in the back. Then we sat next to each other for the very first time as my grandmother drove us home. He took my hand. I felt so nervous.. and he just kept making me even more nervous.
    I tried to look away from him or talk about something else but it didn't really work ( Again, I hate being shy).

Then that moment came. I knew what he wanted to do. Oh man.. was I nervous. He leaned toward me, and like a magnet I locked on to his lips.
    We kissed for the very first time.
    time goes by like a shooting star ~

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Old thread, but WOW, re-reading some of these made me feel warm all over.

Bump for love stories as Valentine's Day approaches!
    erin9mmm and vesper like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

i would never trust meeting a guy online, who knows what other aliases he uses to cruise other websites.... like the saying goes " what happens online, ends online"
    I envy folks who married their "highschool sweethearts" or met through family/work
    call me old fashined, but those dating sites attract mostly creeps, attached men and players.
    ericaraina and vesper like this.
    You can't change other people. You can only change yourself"
    - H. H. Getter

when we change our attitude, we change our lives

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by frugal50 View Post
    i would never trust meeting a guy online, who knows what other aliases he uses to cruise other websites.... like the saying goes " what happens online, ends online"
    I envy folks who married their "highschool sweethearts" or met through family/work
    call me old fashined, but those dating sites attract mostly creeps, attached men and players.

Who knows what the person you meet in the bar or the grocery store or walking his dog is doing on the side, telling people a different name? Do you ask people for ID, a criminal records check when you go on a date to ensure they are who they say they are? Online is hardly the only way people screw around - including high school sweethearts. Cheating was around way before online dating was even thought about.

In reality, there's no way to know what people are up to, regardless of how you meet. There's crazy people all over, they don't just gather online. Trust me, I've met my share of turkeys in more traditional ways. After meeting online, my DH and I have been together for 14 years, married for nearly ten of them. My DH was no more a 'creep, attached man or a player' than I was when I went online looking for a partner.

I'm hardly the first person to meet the love of their life online. You're buying into some serious stereotypes.
    Last edited by Zonny; Sun, Feb 3rd, 2013 at 05:12 PM.

Trading Score
    107 (100%)

I've never seen this thread!!!!!! Great stories to read!!!!!

I met my husband when I was 18. I was dating someone else for 3 years and while I went away one summer, I came back and my xbf had made some new friends (including my Dh). I always hung out with my xbf's friends so i was around my Dh a lot. We ended up getting really close and bonding over our mutual values, hobbies, interests etc. I left my xbf 6 months later and my husband and I dated for over 7 years before getting married.

This week we celebrated our 9 year anniversary
    Natalka, Zonny, sweetmomma and 3 others like this.
    Must have a U.S. itunes account to choose a free product on Poshmark: New Accounts Only:
    1) Download the app called Poshmark 2) While creating a new account, enter the invite code: JAAZH (it will be the last box to fill) 3) $10 in credit will added to your account (Shipping is $0.99 during your first day on the app!) Pick a product that is $9.00 or less and your total will be:$0.00

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

online dating just provides an easier platform for con artist and serial daters to prey on the lonely and vunerable.

I would be embarresed to tell my kids, that mom and dad met on "plenty of fish" or "lavalife"
    vesper likes this.
    - H. H. Getter

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

...I would be embarresed to tell my kids, that mom and dad met on "plenty of fish" or "lavalife"
    Nowadays I don't think that would be embarrassing at all. Everything online is the norm for this generation.
    Earn Gift Cards With Me Click the link below
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/erin9mmm

Trading Score
    63 (100%)

Met my fiancé on Twitter, off all places. He started following me, as we both had many mutual interests we often tweeted about. We met in person & he ended moving to my city. We're engaged now for a year.
    Join Swagbucks to start earning Amazon gift cards & Paypal $$$!
    Join Swagbucks!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

I would be embarresed to tell my kids, that mom and dad met on "plenty of fish" or "lavalife"
    I'd be embarrassed to tell my kids that I judge people based on where they met their partner.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

This is a Happy Thread - meant for love stories!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I'm still waiting to meet my soul mate....he is out there somewhere so when the time is right it will happen (so everyone tells me lol)
    So happy to hear everyone elses love stories....brings hope and inspiration to others May you always be this happy and stay this way till you are over 100 years old. God bless

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Met my hubby at a charity hockey game...bet you thought we met on a ski slope
    I count my blessings for our friendship and love - he is my best friend.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I just moved to town a few years ago, and all the guys told me that 'she' never dated anyone, was planning to move to the city, and that she was the kind of lady who put up with little nonsense. So I asked her out. She declined.

But then a couple weeks later, she called me and asked if I dance (yes) and if I would be interested in coming to a fundraiser. (Yes)

I got second date (I learned later on) because I did not drink, and had good manners.

From then on, every friday we went out and did something, growing more fond of each other each time.

I drove her down to extreme SW Sask where no one lives one night, it was warm and very clear. We just gazed at the stars all night, which we so bright and there was zero light pollution. It was amazing!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Forgive me for disagreeing wholeheartedly with you. I watched my father, a wonderful, kind and caring man, go through a very painful divorce. After some time, we encouraged him to try an online dating site - he tried a couple, finally settling on POF for a time. HE was the one who was a nice, normal guy, and who ran into creeps and weirdos (women!)... he found some real doozies!!

In the end, however, he found a wonderful woman whom we all adore... and he is now once more happily married. AND it is thanks to online dating, because after so many years married, he had no idea how to go meet someone in the real world.... times have changed, and a bar is not where you are likely to meet a nice guy or girl either, in my opinion and in his opinion.

I envy folks who married their "high-school sweethearts" or met through family/work
    call me old fashioned, but those dating sites attract mostly creeps, attached men and players.
    That said, I met my husband the old fashioned way (I guess, anyway). I moved out on my own at 17 for the summer with friends, and met my husband as a neighbor in my apartment building. We have been together ever since, with a few hiccups and hurdles we got through together.
    Last edited by bdkmosher; Wed, Feb 6th, 2013 at 07:53 AM.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Online dating is still a scam and gateway for affairs, one night stands and bad for marriage - lastest article from Mcleans magazine - February issue on stands now.

http://www2.macleans.ca/2013/01/30/true-loves/
    - H. H. Getter

Page 18 of 28 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast

Thread Information