User Tag List

Page 19 of 28 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast
Like Tree902Likes

Thread: How did you meet your loved one?

Trading Score
    18 (100%)

Frugal 50 WHY are you in this thread? To stir things up?? If you have nothing positive to add I see no reason why you are here instigating trouble. Many ppl have met there partners online with no problems, if its not for you great but we do not need your negative remarks. Feel free to start a thread about why you think online dating/meeting ppl online is bad but this thread was started for ppl who have met there partners not about the ups and downs of online dating...enough already.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Thanks, Vee!
    erin9mmm, bdkmosher and Candini like this.

Trading Score
    10 (100%)

Well I first found out about him in April 2001, He was with me through everything including two surgerys( galbladder and emerg csec), morning sickness and all. Well we finally meet in person in Dec 21, 2001,3:42am and he sure is the love of my life, I am so gald I have him in my life. I love my son to death and hes the love of my life. Yes at 11 years old hes the love of my life well so is my daughter. who is 13.
    Last edited by Mamaelmo; Sat, Mar 23rd, 2013 at 02:41 PM.

Trading Score
    66 (100%)

I sent him a msg online on ICQ......first meeting my bestfriend came along met, at a restaurant....he thought she was out server...lol
    ....just be happy

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

i met my hubby when he lived across the street from me(many years ago-33 to be exact) -but i know a friend who met someone from another city on line and it worked out so that is fine too-and they are married now-whatever works for you in life
    Last edited by coupon girl; Thu, Feb 7th, 2013 at 07:34 AM.
    Natalka, Patty Smyth and vesper like this.

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

My bf stories didn't end happily ever after, so here's one that did.

Her parents thought that she would never be married - after all, she'd just turned 31 and no one that age was single.

She had gone out to dinner a few times with a boy - they were friends, but nothing more, back in those days that's the way things went. The boy threw a New Years Eve party for a large gathering.

He had left the country a decade before under difficult circumstances and had come into a little money (in those days getting a teeny VW stuck under a tractor trailer who'd run a stop sign netted one enough for airfare). He ended up at his friend's New Years Eve party.

They met, hit it off, and had one dinner alone before he flew back home. Over the next few months, letters were exchanged, a friendship developed and plans were made to get married. She introduced herself to his family...who knew nothing about her (men and their devotion to details ). Things got straightened out and a wedding was planned. He was to arrive the day before the wedding. She waited and waited and...eventually went to bed. The next morning - the morning of the wedding - he showed up in a rental car, so all was well.

They met again at the church - he driving his Mom and sister and nieces in the rental car, she, her younger sister and parents in a taxi. Her Mom was sewing the buttons on the sleeves of the wedding dress that she'd made, forgotten in the confusion of the day before.

The wedding was a small affair, only 24 people, including some friends of friends who'd simply shown up uninvited. The church had a pretty rose garden, where a nun played the violin. The reception was held at one of the top restaurants in the city, heck, in the country (and had been since it opened in 1910). Pictures were taken and all turned out beautifully. You could hardly notice her younger sister's raccoon eyes (from surgery for a deviated septum 2 days prior).

The honeymoon was held at a small resort town on a lake. Since neither of their families were rich and times were hard for everyone in those days, they found themselves with an entourage - his friends, her friends, her younger sister - all came up to spend the day at the beach.

In less than a week, he had to fly back home without her. Immigration being what it is, she had to wait several months before she could join him.

46 yrs later, my parents are still happily married.

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Andi, what a beautiful love story!
    Last edited by Natalka; Thu, Feb 7th, 2013 at 09:39 AM.
    Hondamanic and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by VeeVee View Post
    Frugal 50 WHY are you in this thread? To stir things up?? If you have nothing positive to add I see no reason why you are here instigating trouble. Many ppl have met there partners online with no problems, if its not for you great but we do not need your negative remarks. Feel free to start a thread about why you think online dating/meeting ppl online is bad but this thread was started for ppl who have met there partners not about the ups and downs of online dating...enough already.
    VEE VEE - why are you being so defensive??!! I am entitled to my own opinion about internet dating sites. Perhaps you should read the article from McCleans magazine, a reputable Canadian magazine, which highlights the negative impact of online dating.... if not, you can always blocks my posts - instead of going on the attack!
    You can't change other people. You can only change yourself"
    - H. H. Getter

when we change our attitude, we change our lives

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Zonny View Post
    I'd be embarrassed to tell my kids that I judge people based on where they met their partner.
    I'd be embarrassed to encourage my kids to go online looking for dates ....
    You can't change other people. You can only change yourself"
    - H. H. Getter

when we change our attitude, we change our lives

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

frugal, your kids must be very lucky to have you as a mother

it's nice to see a parent take an active interest
    Patty Smyth likes this.
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

Trading Score
    18 (100%)

http://www.helpguide.org/mental/how_..._find_love.htm

Might be helpful for those looking for love Best of Luck, and hope to see YOUR story here soon!
    Last edited by VeeVee; Thu, Feb 7th, 2013 at 12:26 PM.
    anisa likes this.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Guys this is meant to be a feel good thread, it isn't a discussion of whether you agree with how people met their partner
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    85 (100%)

Drama, drama, drama.

Anyway...to get back on topic....

After my three and a half year with a pathetic man has ended, I was a bit out of control to say the least. My emotions were out of control and I was doing things I shouldnt've been doing. I was meeting men and even met an old highshcool crush. I went out on many dates with him and was once again happy, but then he told me he was living with a woman...who was his girlfriend. Ugh.

After this I decided to give dating a break and had just been accepted to University so I swore men off. Then, about a week after this decision was made, I got a text from my best friend who had set up a blind date for me with this guy lol. I was really against it...blind date? Anyway. To make a long story short, I forced her to come with me on this date, and we met up for a coffee at Tim Hortons. I figure if it went really bad, I could just walk out and not have to worry about who has to pay the bill.

Well, luckily I didn't have to walk out. After 10 months we moved out together, and in July it will be our three year anniversary I've always believed that everything happens for a reason, and every bad story has a good ending to it.
    Complete quick surveys and cash out at every $20. Receive a cheque, deposit it into your bank. That easy! https://legerweb.com/2Q7V3

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

So it seems I never have shared my own story ... at least not in this thread lol ...

I met my husband about 2 months after I got married to my ex. We saw each other here and there in groups of friends and very quickly I knew that he could have been my best friend. In fact I spent years saying if he was a girl he'd be my bff. For obvious reasons I kept my distance and talking down to the minimum. I did however encourage friendship between he and my ex because I knew everyone deserved a friend like him in their life. It was never an attraction romantically, it was always just an appreciation of a good person.
    We were all very good friends for almost 10 years... we saw him through his divorce when his wife decided she no longer wanted to be married. we raged with him at the unfairness of it all. then, a few later years it happened...

I was 29, my ex left me suddenly for a girl he met at work and I was going through a very brutal divorce...

I turned to my friend, the only friend I knew who had been through a divorce and he talked to me whenever I wanted. We spoke all day at our old jobs, we talked on the phone at 3am when I found out my ex had officially cheated, he walked 30 mins to my house more than once just to give me a hug when I needed one.

Talking to him was a breath of fresh air in the darkest time in my life.

And then something shifted. I got a sneaking suspicion (as texts & emails turned from depressing to playful and flirty) that he might have feelings for me.
    He is the best man I have EVER met. I asked him if he had feelings and he admitted he did but that in no way was he planning on telling me so soon bc of my situation. I told him perhaps it was best if we didn't speak for a while because I had no idea what I wanted in my life but the one thing I did know was that I was not willing to hurt my friend if what I wanted in the end wasn't him.

I lasted I think 1 or 2 days. Not talking to him was awful!! All the sunshine was gone from my life.

I texted him and I said okay I know of one way to find out if I have feelings for you but you HAVE to do it knowing it's just a test.
    He laughed like oh no what could it be?
    I said ... kiss me ...
    and he agreed and laughed at me saying 'way to take the spontaneity out of the first kiss" and all I could think was "there was going to be a first kiss if I hadn't suggested it?"
    That night he came over with a group of friends... I wasn't even thinking of it anymore bc there were people all around. I got up to get a drink in the kitchen and he grabbed one too and then turned around, grabbed me and kissed me. He had cold lips. It was .... .... then he walked out of the room like "there ya go take that!" ... about 5 mins later I got up again to clear my head and he followed me once again and I grabbed him and kissed him like no one's business. It was the first new person I had kissed in 10 years and I realized that I had NEVER felt what I was feeling.

Well, since then we were inseparable. The friendship turned almost immediately to best-friendship. We had known each other so long, seen each other through every mood under the sun, he was no stranger and yet there was so much to learn about him.

We married in January of 2012. He is the BEST husband, an incredible father to my 2 boys who are in love with him as well.

We are absolutely that disgusting couple that can't stop kissing or holding hands, grinning at each other across the room, we snuggle every night and giggle like little kids ... we both finally found what we were looking for in a partner... and it was right there in front of us the whole time.

He is my world. This has been the single best year of my life. I am madly, head over heels in love and we are bonded together closer than anyone I know.

If you want to read about my 1st anniversary you can do so on my blog: http://inmy30sanditstime.wordpress.c...versary-to-us/
    Last edited by itsjustmebub; Thu, Feb 7th, 2013 at 01:13 PM.
    anisa, Jezebel, Natalka and 12 others like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by itsjustmebub View Post
    I said ... kiss me ...
    Great story... sorry about your ex! ^^^^ I bet when you said that, was the happiest moment of his life thus far! Yahoo!!
    itsjustmebub and Jezebel like this.

Page 19 of 28 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast

Thread Information