User Tag List

Thread: RCSS vent

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I've been waiting for a sale on a PS3 so I could get it for a xmas present.

Today and tomorrow RCSS is having no tax day in the west. They also had a coupon for a free controller in this weeks flyer when you buy a PS3. I thought great I can save about $100.

I go to my local store today, they've been out of stock for weeks. Call all the other stores within a 2-3 hour drive from me, same thing.

It just irritates me that they'd have a coupon for a free controller when you buy the system when they've been out of stock for weeks.

They won't issue a raincheck either
    This thread is currently associated with: Real Canadian Superstore RCSS

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    10 (100%)

Zellers matched the controller deal for me in October.
    You are stuck paying the tax but you still have the $55(cost of controller) & atleast get points!

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

RCSS is always out of stock when the deal is really good. It's just a trick to bring people into the store to make them shop there. I don't really bother going there; it's always easier to PM at Zellers.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I ended up being about to PM at best buy today even though RCSS doesn't have any in stock.

SDM Optimum Queen Wannabe julie.leeds's Avatar
    Trading Score
    23 (100%)

My parents bought my kids a Wii here in Ontario last weekend when it was the no tax event.

Follow the elephant...
    http://thestthomasblog.com

Grateful for the savings
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by polina View Post
    RCSS is always out of stock when the deal is really good. It's just a trick to bring people into the store to make them shop there. I don't really bother going there; it's always easier to PM at Zellers.
    Along these same lines...wondering if I'm the only one: Whenever a product goes on sale at RCSS at a deep discount and I recognize it as being a constant on their coupon boards, I always find that the coupons are missing when the item goes on sale. And not that there's a big hole in the board where the coupons used to be, but that they've been replaced entirely.

This week Heinz baby formula (powder) is on sale for $17, so with the RCSS Board $10 off coupon, it's $7 a tin - awesome deal. This time the coupons weren't gone completely, but moved to the bottom, when previously they had been on the top. Not a big deal, but I couldn't help but wonder whether they do this intentionally.

Not trying to be a conspiracy-theorist, as I know that they are manufacturer coupons so the store will be reimbursed, but it seems to be a consistent quirk I'm noticing.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

our local RCSS does that... last year it was the transformers, think it was two for ten dollars or something, was there at opening, they had none, hadn't had any in weeks and weren't getting any for weeks

i don't bother going in for just those deals anymore

Thread Information