User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Wow, bum cooties after eating cow bum....

We're definitely a Royale family, and have been for years and years. If we 'must' buy something else, Life brand from Shoppers is okay.

Cait, thanks for such a remarkably honest review - this thread gave me a good giggle at 3 a.m.!!

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Thank you for this post. I had thought before that maybe I was the only person this happened to.
    Try out the maven box by julep And code FREEFB, and get your box for one cent:
    Use this link
    http://www.julep.com/rewardsref/index/refer/id/2287/

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I'm gonna complain to charmin lol.. I feel they need to know their "less pieces left behind" motto is crap lol..

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Uh Oh, I just bought a bunch of Charmin...never used it before. Usually I buy Royal or Life brand....I was smart and didn't buy the Aloe kind, but I am little worried that it may go to waste. Upside is I only paid 59c a package (pm LD and stacked) So I guess if we don't like it it can be donated.
    This post had me in peels of laughter at my desk at work, I had to show it to my boss, and she (after she caught her breath from laughing) said she agrees with the "cling ons" and that is why she doesn't buy it.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Ya I did send charmin an email complaining.. this is what I got back..

Thanks for contacting Charmin, Liz.

Our goal is to produce high quality products that consistently delight our consumers and I'm sorry this wasn't your experience. The softness of paper is directly related to lint; the softer the paper, the more lint and the more potential for lint build-up on the manufacturing line. Our manufacturing lines are shut down periodically to prevent excessive lint from dropping into paper products so this incident is unusual. Please be assured I'm sharing your comments with the rest of our team.

Since your satisfaction means a great deal to us, I'm sending a complimentary coupon for Charmin by postal mail. You should receive my letter within the next 2-3 weeks.

Thanks again for writing.

Marjorie,
    Charmin Team
    So..erm.. we've been wiping ourselves with excess lint? lmao.. okaaaaaay.. hehe

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Talking about lint, but about another kind of tissues - facial ones... After buying Royale facial tissues, we discovered that we were always wiping lint off our faces! So I wrote to the company, explaining that the tissues left a fair amount of lint on the face after using it - their response, "No, it doesn't." It was HILARIOUS!!! And, of course, no coupon or anything...
    But their butt wipe doesn't leave lint, so ..... it's just odd.

Trading Score
    73 (100%)

We pretty much buy Royale but when Cottonelle was on sale a while back I stocked up and now I'm regretting it b/c I find it is always falling apart and it's like a "puff cloud" if you use it to blow your nose. We don't mind Majesta also but when it comes down to it I think once our stockpile gets low we will stick with Royale As for Charmin we've only used it a couple of times but I just can't get past the commercial with the bears and the toilet paper. I've tried to convince myself it's cute but I can't get past the bears wiping their bums, lol...

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Haha I know the puff cloud was so.. omigod I was like O_O when it happened.. lol So bizzare.. and lint is the culprit.. go figure LOL.. I really hope they do something about that.. I always run out of kleenex and run for toilet paper so... ya.. lol

Trading Score
    211 (100%)

The cottonelle in the purple package is alright, but the blue and green ones not so much.
    Amazon and Starbucks GiftCards for Searching the net? Yes I did and so can you!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/canadianbugga

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

OMG this is the funniest review I have read yet!!!! My dh says he is a tp conniseur (?? probably spelt that wrong) when it comes to tp he wants strong but soft and says he prefers royale but likes cashmere as well.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

[...This post had me in peels of laughter at my desk at work, I had to show it to my boss, and she (after she caught her breath from laughing) said she agrees with the "cling ons" and that is why she doesn't buy it.[/quote]

D*mn cling ons! where's Captain Kirk when you need him... *crickets* OK, sorry, that was for old Star Trek fans out there...

My next preferred TP after Royale is Save On's Western Family Premium.

Trading Score
    39 (100%)

Hmm...

I've bought different types of TP since using coupons, based on what's the best deal at the time. Funny that people like Royale so much -- to me it was the worst for breaking apart and leaving lint. We normally buy Purex or Charmin. Cottonelle seemed like paper towel. and we won't buy it again! Toilet paper needs to have a bit of a sheen to avoid breaking apart.

In the nineties, my family used to use the Costco Kirkland brand paper. It was great stuff, but it was three-ply. Anyone know if they still sell it? I've had a Costco membership for years now, but I feel really overwhelmed by the big prices when I go there, so I only really go there for lint rollers and cat litter. (My cat has bathroom preferences, too... when we use any other cat litter, he makes 'alternate' bathroom arrangements, and they usually involve my husband's sofa, the closet, or my husband's clothes if they're left lying out.)

Trading Score
    103 (100%)

I find that Royale disintegrates during usage, unless you make a huge wad. And you can't wet it without it becoming mush.
    Haven't yet mastered the art of using Royale TP.
    But the coupons are great.

When using Charmin, only 5 stacked-squares are needed if a person does 2-3 fold-overs; also 5 stacked-squares wetted make a good wet-wipe and won't disintegrate, and can be folded over 2-3 times.
    Flushes well, and very little TP is used in the process.

Those facial tissues with all the lint particles...BAH! It just aggravates my asthma, and I hate using it. Same with the tissues that smell strongly of chemicals, like that cheap Co-op stuff...just awful.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Minou View Post

In the nineties, my family used to use the Costco Kirkland brand paper. It was great stuff, but it was three-ply. Anyone know if they still sell it? I've had a Costco membership for years now, but I feel really overwhelmed by the big prices when I go there, so I only really go there for lint rollers and cat litter.
    I agree, I miss Kirkland brand TP.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

We've found, for us, best facial tissue is Life brand, the three ply. Strong enough to do the job, lintless, and cheap-o to boot. Used to use Scotties, but they seem to have gotten scratchy.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information