User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Grateful for the savings
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hi all...hoping you can help with constant non-delivery of our local (Windsor, ON area) flyers. Complaints have been made to not avail. Here's the history:

Before kids, I never really looked through flyers; not much to purchase other than groceries for a couple. As a result, I verbally asked the flyer delivery person not to give us a weekly flyer, as I just threw them in recycling.

Fast forward and now that we have two children, shopping has increased and funds subsequently decreased...I NEED those flyers! I waited for months before callng the local paper (who distributes the flyers), hoping to instead just verbally make the request to resume service, but never found the guy.

I called over a month ago and ask for service to resume, explaining that it wasn't his fault, that it wasn't a complaint, just start me up again. They tell me "no problem." The next week = no flyers. I call again one week later and tell them no flyers; they respond problem will be resolved. The next week we get the flyer; I'm happy. The following week, no flyer. I call again; they say it will be fixed AGAIN (three calls); following week, no flyer. And tonight, when it should have been delivered = no flyer.

Because I have called three times now, and always end up talking to someone who sounds like they're concentrating on playing Tetris, I'm thinking that I'm just not getting through. This is low priority to the paper as it isn't like they are getting anything from me for the flyers. How do I get the flyers delivered already???

Thanks for your suggestions!
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Are you calling the papers? or have you tried flyer force? or does your area not get fliers outside of the paper?

Grateful for the savings
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by lekate View Post
    Are you calling the papers? or have you tried flyer force? or does your area not get fliers outside of the paper?
    The three phone calls that I referenced were to the local paper; they are responsible for flyer distribution. If they're supposed to do it, but don't....then what?

Trading Score
    41 (100%)

I wish I could help ... our flyer kid has become spontaneous in sometimes delivering flyers and the choice of days when they are delivered - now that I am addicted, I need my flyer fix ... and wasn't even sure who to call to make a complaint?!
    ... I'm earning $5-25 Amazon.ca gift cards EVERY month, are you?

P.S. ... starting to hunt for ShoppingChannel GC's with no minimum purchase ...

Trading Score
    48 (100%)

For the last month I haven't been getting mine regularly either.
    I'm always open to trading for pet product coupons (especially free products and high value coupons) - I donate these items to shelters and rescue groups.
    My motivation - My Dog. Read his story here: www.freewebs.com/michelle_and_dinglehopper

MrsSmith-ExtremeShopper
    Trading Score
    6 (100%)

I had this problem of non-delivery lately, so I called and asked if I could pick the paper up. I went to the office, picked up the paper/flyers, and the person I spoke with at the office took my address to make sure the paper would be delivered, and sure enough, I've started receiving them.

Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

catch your flyer person and let them know personally.

Trading Score
    86 (100%)

I used to check for flyers when they didn't come.

http://www..com/web/flyer/store.html
    You just proved Signature Advertising works!

Earn FREE money just by searching! Ask me how to get a $5GC using my referral.
    Get $10 off $40 for new customers at well.ca using the code springhascome

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

We never received this week's flyers in Halifax either. I normally do all my flyer-searching online on Fridays, but it's nice to have something to read through at work while drinking my coffee.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

My kids used to deliver the flyers in our area. It's a thankless job. They usually make less than 10 cents per house and have a tight time line to deliver in it. Doesn't matter if it's blowing a blizzard, their pet died, or monster homework assignment, they had a three hour window to assemble and deliver to 140 houses.

Then you have the people on free sample day want five or six for their friends. The "don't deliver" people wanting samples. The company records who stops delivery and the kids don't get extras. Sometimes they get a couple short for their route.

The last straw for my kids was when their grandfather died. They told the company they'd be gone for two delieveries for the funeral. The company tries to get another delivery person to do their runs.

They were chewed out by an old guy who told them "not to lie about a death in the family". The husband went round and had words.

The kids quit and nobody in our area has had flyers or the local free paper since June. They had the route for nearly four years and had the delivery down to a fine art. Three miserable customers finished their job. Now they are in gas stations making more money and keeping warm.

Kids don't want the hassle for the small sum involved. Perhaps some of you would like to try and walk these kids routes in all weathers and decide if you wanted that for your after school job.
    Last edited by pippinelkhound; Thu, Dec 3rd, 2009 at 11:51 AM.

Trading Score
    103 (100%)

Some suggestions:
    1. Leave a note on your mailbox stating: "Please deliver all weekly flyers; thank-you."
    2. Phone the newspaper and get their address to register a complaint and written request for your weekly flyers. Then write to the newspaper which sends out the flyers. Once they have actual correspondence, they have to deal with it, and there's a better chance of it being on file for future reference.
    3. If you can get the phone number of the flyer delivery person from the newspaper, call that person and clarify your flyer delivery request.

My flyers have been very intermittent lately too, so I called the newspaper, stated the facts, and now the flyers are being delivered again. But no MWW $10 coupon for me this year.

PS: My 3 sons had paper routes for many years, so I know what the situation is like. It would be nice to give some consideration to all the newspaper carriers at this time of year; maybe a little gift in the mailbox for them would give them a boost in their efforts as paper-carriers!
    Last edited by Valiant; Thu, Dec 3rd, 2009 at 11:56 AM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

If you request stop delivery the kid doesn't go near your mailbox

The newspaper will not give out an employees phone number, so get real on that one. It' a violation of the kids privacy and safety.

Trading Score
    103 (100%)

When my kids were paper carriers, all the customers had our phone number, and would call us to make changes in their delivery service.
    I realize times have changed and things are different in certain areas.
    One can still leave a note for the delivery person, even if you don't know their name or phone number.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Ugh I did it for a year, it was awful. I would never have my kids do that.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I know my parents had a similar problem with all of a sudden not getting flyers. They had tried going the newspaper route. The actually had gotten their fliers by calling the stores who paid to have their flyers delivered...zellers, shoppers etc, talk the owner or manager and say that they haven't been recieving the fliers.

Because the stores are paying for these to be delivered, they want them delivered so they will deal directly with the organization responsible for delivery.
    Try out the maven box by julep And code FREEFB, and get your box for one cent:
    Use this link
    http://www.julep.com/rewardsref/index/refer/id/2287/

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information