Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Trading Score
    45 (100%)

guess no one has tried them
    Join GROUPON for incredible deals, click here

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Well, I have 3 pair of Skechers Shape Ups, and although they are all very comfortable the black Mary Janes do not appeal to me. Black shoes with massive outsoles look very gothic to me, and I do not wear them very often. I prefer the sneaker Shape Ups. Yes, they are still not very elegant, but hey - they are sneakers. I also find the sneaker pair to "sit" better on my feet, the Mary Janes are a little loose.

Trading Score
    55 (100%)

i think you might as well wear high heel shoes. thats a workout (especially for me considering i only wear sneakers)
    Also, ankle weights are actually not good for you! They really stress your knees. I have them, and i was told by my dad that it really is bad for you to just wear them around like that. So i searched for information online and alot of sites are saying the same thing..

Please take a second to follow my brand new blog:
    Belinda's Babblings

I've been away for quite some time so I apologize if I repost a contest by accident! Feel free to message me and let me know if I've done this and I'll delete it : )

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

that is too expensive for shoes.Not worth it.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Did anyone just watch the Dr Oz show?
    The expert on there said that type of shoe makes you walk off-balance (and I'm thinking if you walk off balance, that probably affects your back?)...so he gave them a thumbs down!
    Glad I didn't rush out and buy a pair!

Central Ontario...but will ALWAYS be a Northerner
    Trading Score
    10 (100%)

To me, these shoes always looked like an accident waiting to happen.
    Earn FREE amazon.ca gift cards through swagbucks

Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

I dont really listen to anything the Dr Oz or his people say, he freaks me out. Skechers has spent millions researching these shoes, im sure their fine.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I'm pretty sure you can get the same effect by walking barefoot in sand.

The thing is, our bodies are designed to walk a certain way and too much variation on that can cause strain and injury. I feel like the effect of these is mostly psychological - if you think they're going to help you get in better shape by walking in them, than you'll walk more. Placebo effect. Best way to make your legs look hot? Combine walking or some other form of cardio with squats or some other form of weights (you don't need a gym either...)

I'd look at this article: http://mightyreview.blogspot.com/201...n-but-get.html or google "the truth about sketchers shape ups"

Don't waste your money.

Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Shrug as with anything you can find just as many pro sites for them and reviews as negative.

There not promising to make you skinny their saying it will give you more toning then regular walking.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Sally888 View Post
    Shrug as with anything you can find just as many pro sites for them and reviews as negative.

There not promising to make you skinny their saying it will give you more toning then regular walking.
    Thing is, "toning" doesn't really MEAN anything. If you want to see more defined muscles you have to do two things - exercises to define them (things like squats) and cardio to loose the fat so you can see the muscle underneath.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Psychojo213 View Post
    To me, these shoes always looked like an accident waiting to happen.
    I totally agree, Jo....as far as companies doing their own research, or paying other companies plenty of money to say their products are fine...lol, well...I think we've seen what can happen...'thalydamide...Toyota..."...
    I'd rather be more inclined to respect what a well-educated athletic trainer would consider safe or unsafe...he or she doesn't gain or lose anything in making their decisions...

Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

these are more for the regular walking who doesnt do the cardio and stuff on a regular basis. Its for the average person.

I personally know people with these and they absolutely love em.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

mmm...i think that getting out and just walking in itself is a step in the right direction
    and if these shoes encourage that they do help..

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

Rebok seems to have come up with their own version, they have a ball-like thing on the sole.

I'd never wear something like this to the gym, but I wonder how they'd be around the house?

Z

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

I hear from a friend that they saw lots of people in Las Vegas wearing them so they gave them a try. She wears orthotics (like me) and says they really help your posture and were comfortable.
    I bought a pair a few weeks ago and so far really like them. I find you have to build up the time you wear them because they do make you work harder.
    I wear them with my orthotics in - and so far feel my posture is better than ever. Probably not the shoe for everyone, but good for people who have foot/lower back issues.
    That's only what happens for me though. Everyone is different.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information